Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

I should change the name of the thread :)

I'm not sure if we are going to start TTC right away. DH and I kinda discussed it the other night and I got the impression that he really doesn't want to TTC again. He said he really thought this was our chance for a boy and that it's over now. I know he's worried about having 5 kids, it's a lot. And I know he loves all of our children but the thought of another girl bothers him and I think he doesn't want to be disappointed. I'm trying SO hard to see things from his point of view. I know that every man wants a son :( I will feel so sad if we never have one. And he doesn't want to be that family that keeps having kids and has all girls. Ugh we are both so emotional maybe it would be best to take a break.
But like I told him the other night. We will get pregnant again, it's not a matter of IF its a matter of WHEN. I'm not on BC or nursing anymore so there's nothing preventing it. I told him if he REALlY doesn't want to have another baby then we have to change something because it WIll happen.

Jess, would it help your DH if you two sat down together and read some of the "boy swaying" tips online, so he feels like there are things you can at least try to increase your chances? I know those sways don't always work, but you can bet I'm still going to be trying all of them next time around for a girl. :winkwink:

Maybe he will :) that's a good idea!
I have heard that if we BD on the day of ovulation we are more likely to have a boy. That's about all I know.
Think I might have to do some Google research lol ;)

Jess I guess there's quite a bit out there about swaying for either gender :) I am not sure if I would choose a girl or a boy even if we could choose... it's so strange I would love another boy but girls are so fun too!

So I keep getting bad news this year. My dad had an MRI Saturday for some back pain that looked like arthritis on an xray. His Dr called yesterday and it looks like an ependymoma...a rare brain tumor that presents on the spine in adults. He has another MRI coming up asap to make sure this is a primary tumor and not a mestaticized tumor.

With my mother in law, miscarriage and now this I just am feeling a little overwhelmed. My DH has also been awful to me lately. He left his lunch break immediately after saying some hurtful things which really hurts because we try to never leave things bad between us since he has such a dangerous job. He says "nothing I do helps you" even though I was having a fine time last week until the last three days of him treating me like crap. I feel like "so sorry to inconvenience you" and i want nothing to to with him.

TTC, I'm so sorry about all you are having to deal with all at once.
When my MIL got her first cancer diagnosis DH was kind of mean to me too. I just don't think he knew how to deal with it. You know, men just like to fix things and he couldn't. I tried not to be hurt and let him work through his feelings as he needed. Though it's not easy being treated that way. Especially when you are having your feelings to deal with. But maybe it's more of a frustration with himself that he can't make everything better for you. And unfortunately we are sometimes the easy target to release on. I hope it gets better. Hugs!

TTC, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. :( And that's really poor timing for your DH to start being that way with you. I hate when things feel tense between me and DH. :nope: Like Luvymom said, it's probably a case of him struggling with his own feelings over everything that's been happening lately, but it definitely doesn't make it right, or easy for you to deal with. :hugs: Is there a possibility that you and he can arrange a date night without the boys so that you can talk about things and reconnect a little?

So spiffy, with your history do you think you'll go before me? Youre only 2-3 weeks behind me after all :)

Thanks guys I agree. I wish there was a time for a date night. He literally has no time off...even his normal days off aren't happening again until may. I'm sick of this schedule. Feeling sick of everything!

I need to snap out of it. I see my ob on Friday. I'm thinking of seeing about an antidepressant.

TTC, an antidepressant might help. I know they helped me with my PPD after Asher was born. :hugs:

Mo2P, I have no idea! If I weren't doing these 17P shots, I would say my baby would be coming first for sure, because I'd be lucky to make it to 35 weeks. But these shots are supposed to keep baby in until 37 weeks, so if that's the case, you'd be 39.5 weeks. When have your previous babies been born?

between 38-39 weeks :) One of them was just after 36 weeks. But I had extra waters with him

So if these shots do what they're supposed to, chances are your baby will be born first. But it sounds like it's going to be close! :flower:

I need some help. All of a sudden my right nipple is so SORE! It hurts all the time. Not just tender but like super painful. I dint know what the deal is. Could it be hormones? I just hit 12 weeks and while both are more sensitive, the right one is pain!

Interested to see who will deliver first given both histories. I am a little bummed though because if I didn't have my mc I works have been due right after on May 4th. But I'm happy to have the one I'm cooking now. :)

I know my breast were killing about the same time. If anyone so much as touched them I would jump 5 feet. I wouldnt worry about it unless there is redness or fever.

Luvymom, it would have been nice to be due with you as well. :hugs:

As for the nipple pain, mine have been way more sore this pregnancy than with any of my others, but not as painful as yours sounds. Are you still breastfeeding?

Yes, still breastfeeding though I'm so ready to be done. But she's going to be a hard one to wean. She knows what's up. .she'll lift up my shirt and get into position. I try to distract her but she's persistent. I've even tried swaying her with chocolate milk. No go. :(

The pain is better today and it's my "broken" side anyway so I don't even nurse from it.

I find that my nipples aren't painful if I'm breastfeeding from that boob, maybe its because its your 'broken' one and its because you aren't feeding from it so its reverted to normal pregnancy pain (my first pregnancy my nipples were sooooo sore).

I've just night weaned my second because I couldn't cope with night feeds with my 17 month old anymore. I don't mind them feeding for as long as they want but I can't cope with more than one at night.

Hope you are all ok. :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"