Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

Spiffy I like yours! Can't wait till I'm a bit more round! I soooo look forward to movement. My placenta was anterior with indie and was around 20 weeks when I felt her move so hoping it's sooner this time xxx

Me too! I had an anterior placenta with DS, so it was weird to feel my second baby move later than I felt my first, because everyone said I'd probably feel him sooner. When I see ladies on first tri talking about feeling flutters at 11/12 weeks, it makes me so excited, because that's only a couple weeks away.

So, here's to posterior placentas for us all! :flower:

Loving the bumps! Just bloat here.

I was soooooo tired today. Work was painful! My work days had always coincided with good days until today. Yawn!

Nope... Rather nervous to but waiting until 12w after scan...

Well I think it's official that I have almost completely dried up :(

Not sure how many of you have breastfed before and how many want to continue right through pregnancy but it may be worth looking into supply boosting things now in case the same happens.
Once I hit near the second tri my boobs changed And it plummeted and normally I have heaps of milk.

My boy has been more thirsty so he has been drinking more water and not alot comes out when I hand express now :(

I do feel a bit sad but he is almost 2. I think I feel more sad that he keeps trying and not alot happens so im going to keep him occupied during the day time and see how we go.

Such big changes for my boy! He also had his first hair cut this week too. They grow up way too fast.

I have an anterior placenta and im feeling movement which is surprising because my other anteriors I didn't feel till really late.

I've felt movement down really low and to the left and the other night I felt movement up by my bellybutton which I didnt think was the baby but when I checked how high up my uterus was it is right at my bellybutton.

ive had scans so its not two again, and I know my dates so its a bit weird being that high already.

Zephyr, I'm sorry to hear that your milk is gone. :( Even though I'm hanging out in this thread, I actually had to stop BFing when my boy was 4 and 1/2 months because he was feeding every 2 hours night and day and still dropping weight percentiles. I'm actually not sure if I want to try breastfeeding at all this time around because of how traumatic it was with DS. He was on a nursing strike for 6 weeks before we finally threw in the towel, so he would thrash and fight and scream every time I tried to feed him, which was so hard for me emotionally and was kind of destructive to my relationship with him. I may change my mind and decide to give it another go, but right now I'm on the fence.

That's really weird that you're measuring so big with only one baby! (At the belly button is about 20 weeks, right? Which means you'd be measuring about 5 weeks ahead.) I wonder if your uterus just got so stretched out with your twins that it's just big for no other reason.

I'm pretty sure I'm measuring a little big, though I'm not an expert at measuring myself. :haha: But I think I can feel my uterus about an inch above the pelvic bone, which would explain why I look so pregnant. But I've heard that your uterus just grows faster in subsequent pregnancies.

Sorry to hear about the troubles you had feeding, it can be so hard!
I can understand that feeling of not knowing whether to feed again and your not the only one who wont be (if you decide not to)
I already made the decision not to feed this time so knowing this is my last time hit a bit harder than I thought it would lol.

I actually cant feed out of one breast because of a huge lump in it. While we were trying to get feeding established this time it took months of being admitted back into hospital and mastitis infections and two years of constant pain due to this lump blocking the flow.
feeding off one side has kept the mastitis away but not the pain so I definitely wont be going through that again.
I had ultrasound treatment on it which did nothing but had it checked and they are sure its not cancerous so that's a relief at least.

Yup that was my theory, maybe the twins stretched it out so big. And yes it shouldnt be that high till about 20 weeks as far as im aware.
seeing the midwife Monday so will find out then.
Mine started out like yours above the pubic bone quite early. So maybe it is a subsequent pregnancy thing :p

I'm sorry to hear that you've had so much pain breastfeeding. :hugs: But thank goodness that the lump isn't cancerous! My mom found out she had breast cancer while breastfeeding my younger brother, but the doctor wrote it off the lump as a normal part of breastfeeding, and so the cancer wasn't caught until it was too late. :(

Eeek that's scary! I'm so sorry :( Does that actually happen?

They said the same to me the reason behind them thinking it wasnt cancer was because I'm breastfeeding.......
Maybe I should go get it checked again? Now that I soon won't be.

Did they ever do a biopsy to be sure? If not, it might be worth checking it out. Better to be safe than sorry. If my mom had gotten a second opinion she might still be here. :(

No they didnt. They did an ultrasound and said to do a follow up in a few months but when I saw the doctor (my new doctor) After a few months had passed he said he would wait till this year to send me back because he believed it was breastfeeding related and not to worry as its quite common. Which it probably is! But as you said, its better to be safe than sorry.

I actually was looking at booking in for another check as it has gotten bigger but I just thought that would be from pregnancy.
ill go back next week and ask them to look again and I'll be sure to book in with the female doctor this time, maybe I'll get a better response from her.
Thank you for mentioning something.

Me too though I have had it for two years without much change, only the pain. the size changes have only happened recently so I do think its probably fine :) but definitely worth checking just in case.

So I have two stories regarding lumps. Like your mum spiffy my cousin found a lump while breastfeeding and her baby wouldn't feed out of that breast.... After being told she's to young for it to be cancer she got a second opinion it turned out it was. They gave her the all clear after treatment but unfortunately she is now terminal with liver and bone cancer.

Second story is me. Years ago I found a lump. Went to the drs who sent me for a scan. They said what it looks like it looks fine but said I could have it out or have a biopsy so I said remove it so it's gone. They tested it and all was fine.

Spiffy I'm so sorry about your Mumma.

Zephyr I'm sure if there happy with it it's fine but always worth another check.

I had the midwife yesterday which was good she was lovely. Said I can see her as much as I want too!

Xxx

Ohh wow that is really sad about your cousin :(
Glad to hear yours was nothing to worry about :)

Im definitely going to get it checked again sooner rather than later. Its been at the back of my mind and ive been meaning to go in but you guys have prompted me to go in a bit sooner than I would of.

I'm sure all is fine but it's always worth a double check if your still concerned. That's why I had mine removed as then I wouldn't have to worry about it.

What have you all got planned for the weekend?

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->