Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

Jess19, try your best not to worry (hard I know). Relax, and remember that every pregnancy is different. Our bodies are made to be and do amazing things. While you may be worried about the breakout, have faith in your body's ability to fight. There seems to be risk in almost anything and everything and we tend to worry. Be strong.

Thanks girls :hugs:

I really cant wait to talk to my dr, I just want to know that everything is alright in there, ya know.

On the plus side, I had a friend over earlier and she said im showing :) lol I actually said the same thing to DH earlier.
I had a feeling that this was going to happen since its only been a year since my last pregnancy and my muscles are ready to stretch back out :) So I guess its time to break out the stretchy pants!

Spiffy nice bump !!!! Thats about what mine looks like :)

Jess how did it go?

How's everyone else doing? I have my booking in with the midwife Friday!

Xxx

Bad news, ladies! My Irritable Uterus has already started making trouble! :brat: I got up at 3am to feed DS and when I went back to bed, I had a contraction. At first I thought, "No way! It's too early!" But then 5 minutes later, I had another, and 5 minutes later, another, and it kept going until I finally fell asleep. And now I've had several this morning, too. I cannot believe it has started this early! It is going to be a looooong 6-7 months.... :(

Soooo spiffy what does that mean? Do the contractions do anything???

Xxx

Thankfully, no. They don't change my cervix, although I just have to keep an eye on it, because if it gets bad, it can actually turn into preterm labor, but mostly they're just obnoxious, pointless contractions. :(

Oh rubbish! I'm sorry about that. Hopefully there not to frequent xxx

Spiffy- that must be so annoying! Hope they settle down again for another few months at least.

I've been feeling so exhausted and queasy all day long for the last few days. Thankfully no vomiting yet but I suspect that's not far away. My MS started properly at 10 weeks last time and lasted until 20 weeks... I'm not sure how I'll cope with work tomorrow! I've also had some more brown spotting. I think it's fine, it's only when I wipe, but it's still disconcerting! I had brown spotting for weeks last time so I think it's normal for me. I wish I didn't have to wait another 4 weeks for my first scan, though!

They're not likely to go away, but thanks.

I'm sorry to hear that your MS is kicking in! I hope you can manage okay at work. Do you have a date for your scan yet?

Cangaroo can you see if you can get an early scan at epu? Call your midwife?
Sorry you ms has kicked in. I'm feeling for you as im struggling too! Yuk!

Spiffy are they painful? Xxx

No, they just feel tight and take my breath away a little. Thank goodness! I'm not sure how I could survive painful contractions for another 6 months! :wacko:

I've never had Braxton hicks or contractions unless it was labour! Can't be comfortable! Bless you!

Xxx

M2C- I called last time about brown spotting and they said just to monitor it. They wouldn't scan me unless it was red blood or I was in pain.

Spiffy I started getting braxtons with the twins at 15 weeks ish and they just got stronger and stronger to the point where later on at 34 weeks onwards I couldnt tell if it was labour or braxtons they got so painful! And it was all the time all the way through till 38 weeks even any type of movement would set one off and walking would set off heaps of them for an hour or two.
I couldnt imagine any type of contractions starting at 8 weeks! Eeek I hope they stay mild for you.

afm not much happening here. Hungry all the time and nausea lately. My boy is still feeding and its less sore now so maybe it was a passing thing?

Hope everyone else is doing well, will hopefully catch up on the thread later!

Zephyr, that sounds more like you had an Irritable Uterus than Braxton Hicks. Were you ever hooked up to a monitor while you were having them? Because if you have an Irritable Uterus the contraction show up on the monitor as real contractions, whereas BH won't. Plus, I've heard that your uterus is much more likely to be "irritable" when you're having twins. And I wouldn't blame it! :haha:

Sorry to hear you're still having nausea. But at least you're in the second tri now, so hopefully it was ease off soon. :hugs:

No I wasnt hooked up. I was told id get a lot more contractions cos twins and whenever i told anyone about them they fobbed it off and and said its normal and to drink more water, i was drinking 3 to 4 litres a day and still got them.
When they happened I usually lay down after a glass of water and taking panadol. I was told by the doctor if it was true labour the panadol would do nothing for any pain so I went off that and never ended up needing to go in as they would stop hurting or stop all together.

I had no idea! Id never had that before so I figured it was a twin thing.

Hope you dont have that the whole way through it wasnt fun!!

Yeah, water and rest will make BH go away usually, but doesn't necessarily help if you have an Irritable Uterus, which makes it kind of annoying when that's all that anyone suggests.

Haha yeah it would I know I got annoyed many times when id complain about them and people would be all "drink more water"
I pretty much sipped it constantly with all the vomiting so it did get frustrating cos I knew roughly how much I was keeping down and it was enough.

My adversion to meat seems to have lifted so I am treating my family to a roast tonight! Is been so long since I was able to cook meat and not feel so sick, I still feel sick but not from meat. I'm so hungry I'm making a huge feast lol
is it weird I'm mostly excited about the steamed brussel sprouts? Hehe

Brussels spouts? :haha: Last night I went to a fast food place to get DH and I some dinner, and with our meals, I asked them to substitute the French fries with fried cheese curds (because they're sooooo delicious) and when I got home and looked in the bag, it was fries! I wanted those cheese curds so badly that I drove back and got them. :dohh: There's no explaining the desires of a pregnant woman. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->