Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

Jess! Lovely pics and great news about the scan :)

Spiffy - I can feel the top of my uterus quite a bit over my pubic bone too and I look really similar to you, I got asked if I was expecting the other day by a stranger- it's that obvious!! Going to have to wear baggy clothes for a couple of weeks ;)

I have a Phil and teds sport with double kit, buggy board and car seat adapter. I bought it all when expecting dd as I knew I wanted another child after her and the second seat came free with the deal I got on the whole kit.
My husbands cousins live nearby and they had the same with all the accessories so passed the buggy board, cozy toes and cocoon on to us so we saved a lot of money on extras. It's a little heavy but it's sturdy and great for beaches/country lanes/off-road etc which is what I need where I live :)

I can't believe we are all getting close to the end of first tri!! My scan is on the 29th April the day after dh's birthday :) then we can start to tell people!!!

Glad you guys have heard of phil and teds. Mountain buggy duet is big with twins here in nz but I never liked it much and went for the phil and teds.
We live on a steep hill and walk to the beach often and its been perfect for us.

I don't think its heavy but I had a tank of a double before this one So that's probably why :p

I live in a city so most days I'll just be popping Corban to playgroup and maybe going to the park. Go off road at times but not much.

What if this baby decides to come on corbans birthday??? Argh!

Xxx

M2C, what day is Corban's birthday? That would be pretty funny if two of your three kids had the same birthday! :haha: (That happened to my aunt. She had two kids 12 years apart and they have the same birthday.)

I don't think we have Phil and Teds over here because I've never heard of them outside of BnB. :shrug:

Veronicaco, well that's a little reassuring to hear that you look similar! And you've already had one scan and know that it's just one, right? So maybe I'm getting all worked up over nothing. :winkwink: Still, I'll just feel so much better after I have that scan and know for sure! (But if it is just one, I'm going to say boy, for sure, based on how ridiculously hungry I've been!)

His birthday is 16th nov. Was due the 9th. Both have been late so I'm a teeny bit worried. My nieces birthday is the 10th too. I bet it decides to show on the 16th! Oopsy! Xxx

M2C, oooh, yeah, it's definitely a possibility, huh! Well, have you ever tried Evening Primrose Oil? I've done it with both, and both times I dilated really well before I went into labor. I don't think I'll do it this time, though, since I'm afraid of this baby coming even earlier than DS and he was a 36 weeker. But if I'd gone overdue both times, I'd be using everything in my arsenal. :winkwink:

Oh yeah! I can't believe I almost forgot! Jess, you were in my dream last night. In my dream I was pregnant with triplets (see this all goes to my head! :haha:) and Jess, you had had triplets, so I went to you for advice, and instead you ended up painting a pretty forest scene on my living room wall! :rofl: (I guess your talent for photography translated to a general talent for art in my dream :winkwink:).

Crazy preggo dreams. :flower:

What does that do? I had two sweeps with indigo.... The first she said I was dilated but it done nothing so I'd be interested in knowing what diff things do!!!!!!

Xxx

Evening Primrose oil softens your cervix so that when you body is ready to start dilating, it goes faster. You start taking it at 34 weeks and then up your dose at 36 weeks. But it can't hurt. If your body isn't ready to dilate, nothing will happen. But it's worth a try!

Its a capsule. This is the kind I've used, because I found it at Walmart for $5! https://www.amazon.com/Spring-Valle...97669744&sr=1-4&keywords=evening+primrose+oil

I shall bare that in mind. Would prefer this bubba to arrive a little early so I've not gotta worry about dates! Xxx

M2c im due on the 5th Oct and my son's birthday is the 10th Oct. I always go over. Even with the twins I wasnt ready and it took two days to get the induction started at 38 weeks.
So I am worried a little about having the baby near my son's birthday.
I think I'd rather have baby on his birthday than a few days either side. And if not then a week before his bday would be good.

I only say that because my twins share their birthday and its not too bad, its actually quite cool. But my daughter and hubby are 4 days apart and its so freaken annoying trying to arrange anything and doing two parties two seperate days in one week.

I asked my son if he would mind and he said "no that would be awesome!" Tho im sure he will have other ideas about it later on hehe

Jess I forgot to say those photos are lovely!

Ah Spiffy! I look pretty big too! I've had twins on my mind lately too. I think DH even noticed how big I'm showing and mentioned twins last night. I would love it! My odds are pretty good as it doesn't just run in my family, it gallops! Even the twins have twins hahaha. Though I think I will probably just have one.

For those of you worried about sharing bdays, I'm right there with you. #2 and #4 are 2 days apart. And this one I am due the day after my oldest's birthday. Oh well, what can you do. I used EPO with my last 3 and honestly it didn't do much for me. But my body is crazy when it comes to labor and delivery anyways. Hopefully those of you that use it will have better results.

Luvymom, I don't know for sure that the EPO worked for me either, because I've never NOT used it, so maybe I just dilate awesomely on my own. But I'm not using it this time, so I guess we'll see!

When do you get a scan? That would be pretty neat if you ended up with twins!

Another thing adding to my curiosity about twins is that I keep finding baby's heartbeat in two places, pretty reliably, and starting the last few days I've gotten tiny little "tickles" that feel like early baby movement, but the crazy thing is, I swear I've felt it in the two places where I keep hearing heartbeats. Ahh! That scan can't come soon enough! I'm sure I'm going to be so embarrassed and feel like a crazy paranoid lady when I find out it's just one. :blush::dohh:

Spiffy - my scan showed only the one but I had been thinking the exact same thoughts and I get funny little tickles when using the Doppler but this one is hiding behind my pelvic bone and I can only hear the placenta - or maybe I have an anterior placenta this time. They didn't say anything at the scan so I will have to wait I guess.
I am ravenous too!! I wonder if that does mean boy? I could barely eat with dd, this time I feel so sick but have to eat constantly lol I'm gonna be huge!!

Dd's birthday is halloween so only 11 days before my due date, it could be a shared birthday for us too! I don't really mind other than spending her birthday away from her if I'm in hospital giving birth. I'm going to arrange a party at a kids play place so hopefully it will take the pressure off :)

So plenty of us in the same boat with dates then! Hehe!

Ladies who have had 3 babies is it true your third is the naughtiest? Stop and start etc??

Xxx

You mean with labor? If so. Yes.

My boy came really late with heaps of false starts. In the end my water broke and nothing happened so I was induced. Little monkey.

He's a good boy though, very well behaved :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->