Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

Hi ladies, not really much to say so will stalk for now. Feel kinda in limbo at the mo, showing pregnant on a test and that's all lol. Hopefully won't feel so detached once I've been for a scan... :flower:

Looking forward to all your exciting scan updates very soon! X

Dan-O, when will you get a scan? I'm assuming with your history, they won't make you wait too long?

Dano won't be long till a scan? When are you wanting one? Sending sticky sticky dust to you xxx

About 6w this time, so not lo to wait!
Not that seeing the hb guarantees anything, as the last one was perfect until the heart suddenly stopped, I'd even recorded the hb on the Doppler the day before! Such bad luck. I had a strong feeling this one would be a take home baby tho, it's only my tests that leave me with any doubt. X

I'm finding the uncertainty horrible, but it must be so much worse for those of you with a history of losses. I really feel for you. Last time, my dates were so odd that I didn't find out until late and then only had to wait about 3 weeks for a scan, which showed me to be 10/40 so pretty safe from that point.

I've been so nauseous all weekend. Thankfully I'm still not vomiting, but I have constant nausea I just can't shake. Mealtimes are a battle between my tastebuds and my stomach, and my stomach always wins! I hope this doesn't get worse and last until 20 weeks like it did last time...

Who has scans this week? Spiffy- you're Thursday, aren't you? So exciting!

Dan-O, that's great that you won't have to wait long. And even though it's not a guarantee, it doesn't hurt seeing baby, either. :winkwink:

Cangaroo, I'm sorry you're dealing with the nausea, too. :( It sounds a lot like what I've been having.

Yep, my scan is on Thursday! I feel like I've been waiting forever! Oh, and I had a dream last night that I was having triplets, and then another dream that I was actually 20+ weeks along, and that's why I was showing so early. Apparently my brain is running through EVERY possibility. :dohh: Although I have yet to have a dream about having a 15lb baby! :haha:

Oh, and my SIL just announced that she's pregnant again! We were pregnant at the same time when I had my DD, and it's so fun having a cousin for her so close in age, so I'm excited for this baby to have the same thing. :flower:

That's so exciting about your SIL, Spiffy! My sister got pregnant soon after me last time. My niece is exactly a month younger than my daughter, which has been lovely. However, I doubt my sister will have any more. :shrug: They had a hard time of the baby stage and have still not recovered. She's just started selling baby things so I think they've pretty much decided not to do it again.

Dano I think your tests have given progression and out of so many you know there's gonna be a few dodgy ones in there. Did you test again today? I so hope this is a sticky for you.

Cangaroo I'm sorry your feeling sicky too! Such hard work isn't it.

Spiffy your brain is working overtime! Hopefully this scan will calm it down.... Will be amazing if it's twins!!!! Congratulations to your sil.

Xxx

That's unfortunate, Cangaroo. But you never know. My SIL talked for a long time about how they probably wouldn't have another because she could barely handle her two, and they sold most of their baby things, too. But here they are, pregnant again! :flower:

Mo2P, that's what I keep telling DH. Once I have the scan and see one baby, I can calm down and stop worrying. :haha:

Oh, when we were at my in-laws the other night, my FIL was asking how I was feeling, and I said that I'd actually been having MS this time, and didn't the first two times, and he said, "Is that a good thing?" and my BIL piped in and said, "It means they're having twins!" So people aren't exactly helping me get my mind off it. :dohh:

Hehe! Oh dear! Not long till you find out for sure! Quads???? Teeheehee!!!!!!!

Xxx

No!!!! :haha: I think I could *barely* survive twins! (And I'm not even sure about that! :dohh:)

Haha good luck for your scan! Everyone did the same to me also even my own doctor joked about twins before my scan because I told him I was so sick already :p

Our neighbor told us yesterday they are selling their house :( im so sad!! Granted we moved here back in August so don't know them too well our son is good friends with their son and we have started a good friendship and hubby has with her husband too so it was a little bit of a shock :( they are having a baby soon too and need more space.
We signed up for another year here because we had great neighbors but they all have moved (or soon will be) So in a way is kinda good cos this was only a temporary house for us after our relocation while we found something more suitable.
We are paying through the nose for basically a view of the ranges and the bay and well.....its nice to wake up to! But that's about it really. Im so over walking up this darn hill I cant even do it while pregnant anymore without feeling shattered.

Zephyr, I'm sorry to hear about your neighbors. :( We have really good friends that have kids the same ages as ours that may be moving out of state soon, and it's really sad, especially because I didn't grow up here, so I don't have that many friends. And the neighborhood where we just moved to doesn't have many younger couples, since most of the people around here are 50+.

Zephyr sorry to hear about your neighbours.

Spiffy not long till you know for sure! Eek I'm excited.

Got my scan date through this morning for the 9th may then I'll see the consultant after.

Xxx

M2C, will that scan be your "12 week" scan, even though you'll be, like, 14 weeks?

So one word that you British ladies use that I really like is "shattered" because that's exactly how I feel this morning. I had a bad night of sleep with DS last night and the night before, and all day yesterday I had the worst nausea that I've had yet, and on top of all that, horrible allergies! I sure hope either the allergies or the nausea gives me a break today, because that was a wicked combination, especially on top of being so tired. :(

Ill be 13+3 but with a12dpo positive I'll maybe be a few days behind. Sorry to hear your feeling icky! Nausea is horrible! Specially mixed in with being tired!

Xxx

Hi guys! Sorry everyone's feeling crappy :) I'm having an uncharacteristically good day due to dd sleeping from her bedtime to 5am the longest sleep ever!!! Then fed and went back to sleep for another couple of hours! She's finally getting there :)

Plus the little squirmy has stopped hiding and I can find him/her quickly now on the Doppler! Counting down to next weeks scan!

Spiffy I can't wait to hear how your scan goes!!

We are lucky that we have great neighbours around us; two lots of extended family, dh's best mate and loads more. We live in a small town and it's a tight knit community. It's so nice to have neighbours looking out for each other!

Veronicaco, that sounds like an awesome neighborhood! I'd love to live in a community with a bunch of people that I knew and trusted. :flower: Unfortunately, the fence in our backyard had completely fallen down before we even bought the house, and the back of our house faces a busy street, and twice now, we've caught strangers passing through our backyard just because the fence is broken. It's kind of scary, especially when it's just me and the kids alone all day. :nope:

I'm glad your DD slept so well for you! We've been working on getting my DS to sleep better but he has a lot of ups and downs. And it seems like whenever we start making progress with him, something will come up where we have to keep him up a bit later than we want to, and then all of our progress is undone. :( It makes me laugh that I used to think DD was a bad sleeper, because she was a lot better in comparison!

Wow, yeah that is a worry, are you able to get it fixed?

Sleep problems are so hard! You don't want to make them worse by being strict and upsetting Lo but you don't want a tired ratty Lo all day either!!

We do plan on getting it fixed, but it will be expensive and time-consuming, so it will probably get put off for a while (because my DH seems to think that he'll do it by himself, though I'd just as soon hire someone to just come do it for us).

I hear you about the sleep problems. We finally got DD sleeping through the night one month before DS was born. It would have been nice to have had more than one month between, though! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->