Breastfeeding - Why will/won't you?

Personally, I have no ideas on this. I will see how things pan out when we are there. I do not want to put pressure on me to say "I will" and then find out I can't and by the same token I dont want to say "I wont" as I may want to.

I am very conscious that I want my OH to be part of the whole bonding experience too though so if I do, it will be expressed and given in a bottle from the start so that Tim can feed the baby too.

xxx

I'm not sure if I'll be able to, I had a breast reduction over 2 years ago so only time will tell!

I'll be BF. I BF Byron until 8 months and will definitely do at least as much with my next assuming nothing extreme gets in the way of that. I might like to go to a year next time but it will depend on my work situation.

It depends on how my birth goes. I was ill after this baby. If that happens again.. FF definitely. But if it all goes well I may try BFing. But I will be prepared for FFing as well and I won't feel bad if I can't or anything like that.

I'm definitely going to give it a good try, if it doesn't work out I'll be a bit disappointed but it won't be a huge deal to me. It's just something I've always wanted to do, cheaper, promotes a special kind of bonding and has various health benefits... It's just something natural to me and I'd really like to give it a go. :)

I'd also like to try pumping/extracting milk so DH can have a go at feeding...

I don't see a reason why I should not breast feed. It has all a young one needs :)

Should all go well and there are no reasonable barriers to me doing so, I aim to breastfeed, whilst getting them used to taking expressed milk from a bottle occasionally. I know that it's something that I missed out on to a degree as my mum had to go back to work when I was just a few weeks old. I've been told stories about how I wouldn't take expressed milk from a bottle and how it was a 2 person job for my grandparents to spoon feed me just so I got something and I know it's something that my mum feels guilty about to a degree. I couldn't leave my baby knowing that something like that might happen, however unusual that may be. Also, OH is all for encouraging me to breastfeed so it's just as well it's something that I always intended to do!

Beca :wave:

I'll definately breastfeed the next one, provided I can get Edward off to give them a chance :rofl:

im breastfeeding my twins (as we speak lol) and its great. i bf my eldest too but not for long. i never even considered ff the twins, not because i dont agree with ff or anything (eldest was ff from about 1 month old) i justy kinda assumed i would b bf them. it has its difficulties but the nutritional benefits for them make it so worth it. they do have formula at night as they did in hosp coz of their blood sugar and im hoping to wean them off soon. i def recommend bfing if only for the bonding factor. i love the way they look up at me when they are feeding and they smile now which is really cute when the pull off and give me a huge grin :cloud9:

I never got the chance to breastfeed my DD, and I am pretty determined I will BF the next baby!

I dont know if i can bf as i had a breast enlargment a couple of years ago and there is always a chance i wont be able too. xx

I dont know if i can bf as i had a breast enlargment a couple of years ago and there is always a chance i wont be able too. xx

It depends how it was done. If they went through the nippe then probably not but if they went underneeth the breast they you might be able to.

It depends how it was done. If they went through the nippe then probably not but if they went underneeth the breast they you might be able to.

They went under the breast, they said i should be able to. I had problems though and had to go back in to surgery and have one side redone. I never really thought i would want to breastfeed which is why i went ahead but now i feel diffrent. :cry: still....i can hope :) xx

I would be formula feeding, only reason is because I have arthritis & I'm not allowed to take my meds when pregnant & breastfeeding & I'd wanna get back on them asap cos the pain is horrid without them! :cry:
I guess that's kind of a good thing so OH would be able to get quite involved with feeding as well O:)

I definitely will - in fact, when I'm feeling very broody, its that which I think about most.

I breast fed by DD - for three years! And it worked well for us. Here are the reasons why I'd choose it again, for me..

healthier for me and baby
more convenient (no mixing bottles in the middle of the night!)
less chance of infection / stomach upset through improperly sterilised equipment
less stuff to carry when I'm out and about
can do it in a sling, leaving both hands free to get on with other things, should I want to
made me feel powerful and successful and like I'd really achieved something
incredibly bonding with my daughter - she remembers being breastfed and still talks about it fondly
excuse to buy lots of new shirts after birth!
gets your figure back more quickly
reduces risk of ovarian and breast cancer
breast fed babies have higher IQs (apparently!)
milk adjusts to the growing baby's changing needs
can still express, if desired, in order to give partner a chance to do night feeds
pleasanter nappy changes
incentive for me to continue living healthily and looking after myself
means I have the excuse to sit on my arse and have OH wait on me hand and foot a lot over the first few weeks!

For me, it was the right decision and I'd do it again in a heart beat. Some women can't or don't want to, and I completely respect that right. I'm just too lazy, at heart, to deal with all the palaver of making up bottles, I think!!

Fly

https://www.nogumallowed.com/users/57/69/92/smiles/575569.gif

ANNNNNNND it's MUCH cheaper than buying formula.

I am definitely going to breast feed when I become a Mom. I have read about numerous benefits to you, and the baby when you breast feed. So, I personally am planning on doing it, for as long as is healthy for the baby :)

Ok lets bust those myths ultimately only 5% of the population cant breast feed. I know of people who have breast fed cleft lip and palate babies. Its natural health benefits are loads and regardless of how ill i was i would still feed baba.

As for feeding in public you are protected in the UK up until the age of 2, and there is a penalty on £2500 aprox for people trying to stop you.

as people have said no screaming or waiting 10min for bottle to heat.
you roll over and away you go

THE BOOB THE WHOLE BOOB AND NOTHING BUT THE BOOB.

to me there is no other choice and i would quite happily feed other kids my liquid gold milk.
wet nurses in America earn up to $1000 per week for there services and I would fully support this.

also premature babies benifit from breast milk as mumma milk is adapted to there needs.

Who in there right mind would give a baby cows milk and yet formula is powdered cows milk with additives e.g iron and vitamins.

to me any one should get money to breast feed and support to buy bras to ensure good support.

there is also limited research that breast milk helps cancer patients and others with immune diseases , this is in its infancy however but results look encouraging :)

I plan on breastfeeding, 1st it is really good for baby, 2nd helps your body release hormones that can help your body get back to prepregnancy form(Uterus size, burns calories faster). It is excellent bonding for mommy and baby.

I have tried to breastfeed both girls. With Morgan she had evil reflux and her latch wasn't right at all. So i would feed her in agony then she'd puke it back up and be starving again. On top of that we were living in a hotel where the windows didn't open and it was the hottest heatwave in london at the same time.
With Amelie i was going great! It was amazing and the latch was perfect and my flow was so powerful she'd have everything she needed in 7-9 minutes each feed but we both got a really bad chest infection and the antibiotics dried up my milk. I tried to get it going again but nothing worked.:cry:

I can honestly say i tried my hardest both times and will again. I don't understand mummys that refuse the little one their colostrum as it's liquid gold and only lasts 2-5 days. I think after the colostrum it's deffo what makes mummy happy will help baby too.

Sorry but I do not like these comments. I am someone who could not give my baby the colostrum. I was on medication that stopped me from BF. Please care alittle thought for people like myself.

I am going to BF this time round. As mentioned above, I ould not the last time, and it was hard. I felt awfully guilty. Having said that. I think bottle fed babies get on just fine. My daughter is a healthy little girl :) and could I not BF for whatever reason this time, then I will not beat myself up.

Ok lets bust those myths ultimately only 5% of the population cant breast feed. I know of people who have breast fed cleft lip and palate babies. Its natural health benefits are loads and regardless of how ill i was i would still feed baba.

As for feeding in public you are protected in the UK up until the age of 2, and there is a penalty on £2500 aprox for people trying to stop you.

as people have said no screaming or waiting 10min for bottle to heat.
you roll over and away you go

THE BOOB THE WHOLE BOOB AND NOTHING BUT THE BOOB.

to me there is no other choice and i would quite happily feed other kids my liquid gold milk.
wet nurses in America earn up to $1000 per week for there services and I would fully support this.

also premature babies benifit from breast milk as mumma milk is adapted to there needs.

Who in there right mind would give a baby cows milk and yet formula is powdered cows milk with additives e.g iron and vitamins.

to me any one should get money to breast feed and support to buy bras to ensure good support.

there is also limited research that breast milk helps cancer patients and others with immune diseases , this is in its infancy however but results look encouraging :)

Some people can not BF. Full stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"