breastmilk-bottlefeeding

mickey

Reaction score
in addition to sweetsammi's thread 'bout bottlefeeding when out an about I have the same questions 'bout bottlefeeding with breastmilk.

I have decided to feed Juleika out of the bottle whilst out and about then I do not have the huzzle to find an ideal place for breastfeeding whilst out!

how do I need to store the milk when going out, how long can I keep it for like this, how can I heat it up and what temperature it needs to have?

did anybody ever use this selfheating thing out of kind of fabrique what you can take out with you and you just need to tuck the bottle in to heat it up?

as well do I need to sterilise bottles, tits and pump before using it, after using it or both before and after???

thx for answering :hi:

I'm interested in this too.. I want to feed breastmilk, but I dont want to feed from the breast. I am pumping, then feeding from a bottle. There are alot of things I dont know as nobody in my family has ever breast fed.

Well you can buy a little cooler with an ice pack and put the milk in there. It stays cold for quite a while! Breast milk has to be tossed after 48 hours from the time you pumped. As for warming it up I'm not too sure. It has to be a little warmer than room temperature (just feel how warm your milk is when it comes out).. But remember don't ever warm it up in a microwave!!!!

Actually, believe it or not it doesn't have to be warmed up. They don't mind if it's cold as long as you warm up the teat. We've just started giving Kaya one bottle a day and have given it straight from the fridge with a warm teat and she's not objected. Mind you she is a bit of a gannet lol.

Izzie and Kabe are both on breast, and when we go out its just easier if they have it expressed beforehand, we just keep it a constant temperature in a thermal cover and they accept it as it is. To be honest though, ive made a stand recently, if anyone wants to feel awkward in public when my child wants feeding, let them feel awkward lol, im over it. Josh went so red haha, we diecided to go to mcdonalds the opther day and Izzie was on the bottle and so i just thought sod it and fed Kabe there and then myself, josh was embarassed cos we were in public and i got a few tuts, but there were more woman coming oversaying positive things than negative ones lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->