Breech baby...

capegirl7

Mom & Pregnant w/ # 2 :)
Reaction score
Hi ladies! I am sooo vbac hopeful but nervous because I had a scan at 18 weeks and she was breech and another yesterday and she is still breech. I am only 20 weeks, what are the chances she will turn and I can try for my vbac??

She should turn TONS of times! My baby was head down at my 20 week ultrasound, but I was told that the baby will turn a bunch of times during the second trimester, since there's a bunch of room to turn around in, right now. They said that once the 3rd Trimester comes and it gets really tight in there, the baby should turn head down and stay that way until birth. I think you'll be ok! Baby will hopefully turn and you'll be able to get your vbac!!

She has a lot of time to turn more than once. I wouldn't worry about it this early on. :thumbup:

My daughter didn't turn until 37 weeks and turned back to back in the middle of labour, she was a larger baby aswell so you have absolutely nothing to worry about until 37-38 weeks when the midwife/hospital may talk to you about trying to turn baby and possible c-section.

My daughter didn't turn until 37 weeks and turned back to back in the middle of labour, she was a larger baby aswell so you have absolutely nothing to worry about until 37-38 weeks when the midwife/hospital may talk to you about trying to turn baby and possible c-section.

What do they do when a baby turns in the middle of labor?

What do they do when a baby turns in the middle of labor?

She turned back to back not breech, she was head down just facing the wrong way. Didn't do much, just made me lie on my side to try and turn her, which she did but not completely but she was in distress straight after that and had to be born, I think(?) they were turning her on the way out aswell. I'm not sure if they would have had me give birth to her that way or gone for a csection if she hadn't turned at all, it happened pretty quickly.

Thanks girls! Making me feel better. Just wish they never even told me!!

DD was back to back - it hurts more cause there is a larger section of the head trying to come out and the pressure in your butt is apparently more during contractions - DD was turned on the way down and out - hurt like heck!

A breech baby at 18 weeks is actually pretty normal, I wouldn't start worrying until 36 weeks. However, google spinning babies there are some things you can do to help get baby in the right position. Also Chiro helps.

Yes I wouldn't worry yet at all, my little man was breech at my 20 weeks scan and was still breech at my 24 week midwife appointment, but he still has loads of time to turn.

I'm sure baby will turn and you will get your vbac x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->