• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bridesmaid dresses!!

laura&faith

Reaction score
I did have my eye on one from ebay, but my partner does not like the idea of getting the girls bridesmaid dresses of ebay and when I've asked questions they have not replied so poor communication, I then came across a lovely one in lighting the box but not sure on how much i would be loin at in customs for the sake of saving it could be more expensive than going to a bridal shop.
I'm needing ideas designs shops etc
Show me your bridesmaid dress, price and where please and if anyone has ordered a bridesmaid dress from china what have you ended up paying i customs :blush:

I got one of my BMs dresses off eBay. It's a Monsoon dress and was sold new with tags. She was fine with it :shrug: My MOH is having her dress made by a friend of hers (theyre in different dresses). Ask Modified about light in the box charges. She has a brides to be group on FB and a few members have used it before. She might be able to find out what they've had to pay in customs charges. In terms of quality, everyone seems to find LITB quite good quality. As good as anything you'd get here :thumbup:

I was planning on getting mine from an EBay seller who has a shop in Birmingham who sells all the dresses from China but when I went to the shop they didnt have the colour I wanted, their pale pastel pink was a very sickly and quite bright pink so that went out the window!
So I ended up falling in love with a bridesmaid dress from where I have got my dress from! They were £180 each which was way way way more than I was planning on spending but they gave me one dress for free and 3 of the 4 dresses are being paid for (2 by OHs Auntie and 1 by MIL)

It's the dress on the left and its in pastel pink :)

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/a86458a3.jpg

Thanks everyone love them dresses lauren25 I'm going to a shop one day this week to have a look at designs with one of my bridesmaids and really to give me a rough price

I took my bridesmaids shopping so they could choose what would look good for them. I had bridesmaids size 2, 4, 16, and 18, so a big size difference. They ended up choosing some simple dresses from David's Bridal, all the same pattern but it looked good on all of them. I think they were about a hundred bucks each, but they also paid for their dresses (I did let them choose their dress, I only chose the color...black). I did buy sashes for all of them, though. My colors were black and white with teal. The flower girl I ended up just buying the material and her mum and I chose a pattern that her mum made for her.

Did you manage to find anything out about the customs charges? xx

No hun I ended up going to a dress shop and getting them from there probably worked out cheaper they were 129 each

Ohh thats not too bad :) I'm only having 1 bridesmaid anyway! Thankyou :) xx

Mummy May, I ordered off light in the box (not dresses, but other bits and pieces) and the charge was vat (20%) and I think an 8% handling charge. It was really random. So you've got to remember when you look at these prices on these foreign sites that they DON'T include vat (unless the specify that they'll pay the vat import charge thing). Most things can be bought from UK suppliers for similar or less cost :thumbup:

Thankyou, I didn't realise VAT wasn't included!! xx

Yeah you don't think of it because we're so used to seeing everything already including vat. But it can be the difference between "bargain" and "just as costly but without the protection of buying from a UK company"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->