• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bristol!?

Tbh if they treat me like a medical experiment like before then im walking. Im sure if youre 100% normal then theyre lovely and smiley but Im still so upset by some of the treatment and im sure itll be the same staff as before. This time worse probably as Im apparently a high risk pregnancy by their bullshit standards.

Sofia was born at St Michaels. They were all great there. Had a really good experience despite having to be induced at 40+12!!!
Would definitely have any other babies there.

Well first contact with them and it's a total mess. They just sent my gp mw a letter saying I needed to be booked in ASAP. Don't know if it's before my appt on Monday but I can't make the appt tmw ofc as I work like a normal person. She called the home phone and ofc, again like a normal person, i got in at 6pm and theyre gone. Less than 24 hrs notice, pathetic. Worried they're going to bump my scan on Monday as I can't do any other Monday's for 5 weeks. They're available to speak to between 9.15 and 930 so dh will call them see what they're gonna do. It's their mess not mine. They're scanning me on monday whatever they say

Goes from bad go worse tbh. They dont do nt scans here so am I right that most ppl have their dating scan at around 12w?

Im being made to have mine at 8w and just found out that's all I'm getting. Mw told me I just have to hope that everything's ok from then to 20w so won't get the reassurance that others have by being dated at 12w

Or I can pay to get a private one. Either way im being given worse treatment and being left financially worse off because of an illness.

Rly sick of them messing me about tbh

Goes from bad go worse tbh. They dont do nt scans here so am I right that most ppl have their dating scan at around 12w?

Im being made to have mine at 8w and just found out that's all I'm getting. Mw told me I just have to hope that everything's ok from then to 20w so won't get the reassurance that others have by being dated at 12w

Or I can pay to get a private one. Either way im being given worse treatment and being left financially worse off because of an illness.

Rly sick of them messing me about tbh

My dating scan was done at 8 weeks. It was done because I had to go to the Early Pregnancy Clinic because of a bleed. The 8 week scan offers the same reassurance as the 12 week one. Its to check for the heartbeat and take some measurements.

If you have any concerns for your pregnancy before 17 weeks you can go to the Early Pregnancy Clinic, you don't necessarily need an appointment you can just turn up. If your pregnancy is high risk then you will be referred for Consultant care which will mean you are seen more regularly. Having just the 2 scans is a GOOD thing. It means things are progressing well.

It's not standard practice within the NHS to do NT scans. Some places do it (not many), Bristol don't so If you want one, then pay...

You are not being given worse treatment. If you want special care you should pay to go private otherwise you might have to readjust your expectations of the NHS.

Sorry if this has been blunt but I really don't understand how this is going from "bad to worse"? How have they messed you around? :flower:

Most ppl choose to have their dating scans around 12w, giving them the date, and the reassurance that things have progressed into the 2nd tri and the placenta has taken over. Im not being given that chance. Im being given worse treatment and being left financially worse off because of a label they give me which neither me nor my GP agrees with.

They give me less than 24 hrs notice of a mw appt which I have to attend - i told them i was pregnanct weeks ago.

Theyve treated me like a complete pariah in the past.

I want to be in control of whats happening to my body. This stuff isnt medically necessary.

As it is, I wont be able to announce my pregnancy at 12w like most other ppl, I wont be able to paint the nursery and get excited and BOND until 20w.

I have no trust that theyre going to treat me well at all, I dont think its high expectations to just get the same as everyone else, if they want to do more then fine, but this is just unfair. Having an 8w dating scan is not the same as having it at 12w, same procedure, but as I said, you have the added reassurance with having it at 12. Im not talking about wanting a NT scan.

if Your not happy with the date call them and say your unavailable, you'll most likely get a later scan.

Might do that, I dont mind seeing the consultant tbh just the scan I object to. DH calling them today so will see what they say.

^^ good idea as they would offer a later date, if you dont need medically to be scanned at 8 weeks then surely this would offer what you want?

Your ticker says 2nd scan?

If you're under consultant care you will most likely get extra scans.

I paid for a private one at 5w to prove that there was something there (and check if it was clomid twins). An extra so I didnt mind paying.

Just say something has come up and then say your on holiday or something...

hiyaa

I'm from Bristol (kingswood) Anyone had tx at BCRM?? Its nice to see people from Briz!!! :) xx

Hi, not sure if this thread is still active.... But anyway, how is everyone doing? I am about 11 weeks and scan due on thursday, so excited! Should be due around boxing day!! Where is everyone planning on having their LOs? I live near bath so get free nt scan on nhs but have to go to RUH for scans, but seeing consultant at southmead as high risk :-S delivery at southmead hopefully. Anyone else had previous experience of southmead? I had my two previous babies at RUH but that was nearly 10 years ago!!..... I hope there are more bristol mums about..... :)

Mrsnormie - i am new here.... What is tx bcrm?!!.. Please decipher!

Hello, I'm 11 weeks also :) congrats!
I'm having this baby in st Michaels the same hospital I had my daughter in.

Congrats to you too :) i have heard good things about st michaels - how old is your little girl? My boys are 8 and 10, so its going to be interesting going back to the beginning again! Have you had your scan yet?

I'm going to st mikes but having a home birth if all goes well. Rly don't like that place. It's too hot for one! Bristol needs a new super hospital like Swindon or something. Maybe next baby I'll have my appts in a room without holes in the wall

She was one today! :)
I had my scan last Friday :)

Glad scan went well - i cant wait til mine tomorrow, so many vivid dreams about twins and triplets that it will be nice to know its just one! Lol

@cranbery - as more and more people use and can be treated in the nhs but no-one is prepared to pay more taxes to fund the nhs, its no wonder their estate/buildings need repair, but i for one am happier to have an experienced and trained professional treating me and seeing me urgently in a tatty building, rather than a novice treating me in a nicely decorated room! If you are unhappy, can you go elsewhere? There will be a new hospital in bristol, at southmead!! Dont want to cause offence, but things cost money, and no-one is prepared to foot the increasing bill!

Hope you ladies have a h&h 9 months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->