• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bristol!?

Hi Bristol Folks!
I'm in Brislington and expecting my first....
We are going for St Michaels... I know its silly but I'm worried about their parking... do any of you know whether they have anything special in place for women in labour!? lol

Hey hun,I'm also from Brislington. I gave birth at St. Mikes too. Luckily I went into labour at night and parking wasn't a problem, but you can park in pay&display car parks nearby & they'll give you parking ticket in delivery suite so you don't have to pay loads of money. Good luck.

Btw do you go to Brooklea clinic? There are good baby groups in the area btw. contact me if you have any questions.
xx

I was in St Michaels too! I live in Montpelier/St Andrews. I had a great experience at that hospital although I don't know aboutparking I arrived at night in a taxi...poor cab driver my waters were breaking all over his backseat!

Hi there:)! I'm from Bristol too! I mean, just outside - Backwell - half way from Bris to Weston. Just joined the forum today.
38+3 so nearle there, going to St Michaels, hope it's a good choice...

I was in St Michaels! Had a great experience there, all the nurses were lovely and they gave me an epi as soon as i demanded it!

Have you had a tour? We had one last week and it was really reassuring!! x

No I didn't have a tour. When I asked my MW about one few weeks ago she said hospital put the tours in hold as they were very busy then :( Have never been in delivery suit there before and have no idea what it looks like now. Had my first 13 years ago and it wasnt even in England (so ages ago and miles away). What delivery rooms look like in st michaels?
Louandivy - you mentioned epidurals - do you know if they do walking ones there? My first delivery was natural, no drugs at all but now I'm hmm... a bit older and more scared than then :) so I may have some this time. But I would much prefer to stay mobile than lay down in bed.

You should give the midwife office at the hospital a call if you want to go - it lasted about an hour... they do it every Wednesday eve @ 7pm and every Sunday @ 2pm and 3pm (if they have enough people)

It was really good to see everything like the suite, the ward etc and they explained about parking (you pay the first 3 hours and then you get the midwife to sign a form and your partner can park free for a week)... I found the number if you are interested its 01179 3425241 (mon-fri)

that is if they are still doing them... I only went 2 weeks ago so they were still doing them then! x

No I didn't have a tour. When I asked my MW about one few weeks ago she said hospital put the tours in hold as they were very busy then :( Have never been in delivery suit there before and have no idea what it looks like now. Had my first 13 years ago and it wasnt even in England (so ages ago and miles away). What delivery rooms look like in st michaels?
Louandivy - you mentioned epidurals - do you know if they do walking ones there? My first delivery was natural, no drugs at all but now I'm hmm... a bit older and more scared than then :) so I may have some this time. But I would much prefer to stay mobile than lay down in bed.

They give you an epi that was patient controlled so you just press a button if you want more every 15 minutes, so I was able to get up and about very quickly after birth as I didn't have much, but do you mean being mobile during labour? Honestly though every midwife there was sooooo nice but def don't eat the hospital food its really disgusting! There is an amazing chinese restaurant across the road I had my boyfriend on call to go pick me up noodles, hehe.

beccy thanks for the contact number! Saved it and will definately ring them on Mon to book it! I'm in hospital quite often for scans (I have cardiac arrythmia and on betablockers now so they need to keep checking baby's growth). When I asked about the tours one of the MW there, I've been sent with that to my local MW (who said they dont do it now). Will try again now through the office. Yeah, that would be lovely to see it all before I turn up there in labour!
And good news about the parking! Didn't know that you can park longer than 2 hours :)

beccy thanks for the contact number! Saved it and will definately ring them on Mon to book it! I'm in hospital quite often for scans (I have cardiac arrythmia and on betablockers now so they need to keep checking baby's growth). When I asked about the tours one of the MW there, I've been sent with that to my local MW (who said they dont do it now). Will try again now through the office. Yeah, that would be lovely to see it all before I turn up there in labour!
And good news about the parking! Didn't know that you can park longer than 2 hours :)

Oooh yeah I think it is 2 hrs for £3 initally...got it round the wrong way...
you then get a permit for your parking from the MW once you are in active labour which is good cause I was worried about it costing a fortune!!

The delivery rooms are okay. It's a hospital room, there is no mistaking that but they all have either a bath and/or shower and toilet.

louandivy - yes, I meant stay mobile during the labour, walking epidurals. I've heard some hospitals do them, not sure if St Michaels does. Drugs do their jobs but you can still walk and do whatever you want, no need to stay in bed.
And thanks for the info about the food! Chinese noodles sound beautiful :), you made me hungry and I think I may make a phone call to have some delivered now :)

I'm in Montpelier raraboo. Is that north Bristol? Geography is not my strong point :dohh:

Oh... Me me me.... I'm Bradley stoke!

Ooo raraboo whereabouts in yate are you? I'm over near westerleigh common!

Tay - thats really close to me hehe.

I used to work in yate, Yes it is close, I am also the winterbourne end of bradley stoke (by rabbit roundabout).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->