"British soldiers burn in hell"

Makes me so angry!They have no right too!Jesus,they are taking over most of the country anyway-they don't like Christmas,councils rename it so not to offend....don't like it?sod off!we critise them and we are racist!Takes the wee wee......x

Wow, as a British muslim, what a highly, highly offensive post!!!!

Who exactly is taking over most of the country????? Muslims?? Britain has become multicultural, full of people of different races. I was born here and English is my first language. I am highly educated and pay high taxes. I have as much right to be here as you have!!! Don't like that I'm married to a muslim man and have a muslim daughter.... oh and God forbid, may have MORE muslim children!!!!!! Look away then.... we're here to stay.

Plus, I am a liberal muslim, and I don't agree with the extremists... what has happened is highly disrespectful, but that doesn't give you or anyone else the right to spout racial hatred....

Disgusting attitude.

I think Harveysmum's post might have been based on what some newspapers say, the changing of the word Christmas to Winterfest or whatever it was going to be.. After 7/7 everything that is suggest by a Muslim obviously hits the papers.. I dont agree with that but thats how it is.

Well then that's ignorance for you....

As Iraqi muslims (yes Iraqi) we celebrate christmas too, with presents, tree and all the usual xmas stuff.... if 'Harveysmum' is small minded enough to believe everything she reads in the paper.... then it's not worth even addressing her.

I'm leaving this as I'm too worked up now, and I'm late for work! (yes! i work too!)

But there are Muslims out there that dont like to celebrate Christmas and they are the ones saying these things. It works both ways, there are things Christian and Cathlolics dont agree with that Muslims do but its just not written about.. I work too, I dont think thats got anything to do with it..

How dare you call me narrow minded!!The OP posted for people to give their opinion!I didn't pick you out personally did I???So how dare you do it to me!

LOL you said 'they are taking over this country'...that is UNBELIEVABLY narrow minded! If you are going to say something ignorant you will have to accept there will be a lot of criticism.

OK so wrong choice of words!But I didn't single one person out did i???I'm not the only person on the thread who has a similar opinion,but I'm the one being singled out and called narrow minded!!!???
Yes because yours was the most blatantly ignorant and offensive

And yours wasnt offensive when you swore................................... :shrug:

I didn't offend an entire religion of people living in this country

But you offended me so whats the difference... So its ok that you didnt apologise to me even though you knew I was offended but your going to harp on about what Harveysmum has said.. Oh so hypocritical... Im off now as I am leaving work..

OHMYGOD are you serious? There is a huge difference. I can't even...

I do think that sometimes its a little unfair. I think Britain is to kind sometimes.

Why because your the one who offended me and are still rude enough not to apologise! Harveysmum said her bit and..... She shouldn't feel the need to apologise for using the wrong words when you blatantly showed your anger through swearing and still won't apologise! Apologies if any mistakes this is sent on my phone lol!

I think this is getting a bit personal and off topic now. Perhaps admin should close it.

TBH, I feel the whole issue is ridiculous. We get called racist for ANYTHING. I smiled at an asian on the bus the other day, and was told I was smirking and I was being racist. I'D OFFERED THE LADY MY SEAT!!! Yet as a white person living in a predominantly asian town, I was called White trash, Snowflake, Pastey pasty, all sorts fo things, yet when I reported it for being racist taunts, I was told there was nothing I could do, cos it'd be seen as racist againt them.

WHAT A LOAD OF USELESS TWAT! It irritates the screwballs out of me and tbh I don't see why it's one rule for one, and not another.

The whole poppy burning thing is out of order, If we burned a Qur'an, we would be thrown into prison and get a harsh punishment. They burn the poppy, which we use in remembrance, to remember our fallen soldiers, and what will happen? Naff all of course! Why? Because we will be called racist. One sided much? OF COURSE! We must appear as multicultural! What a load of twat again.

As for the attacks on Harveysmum, She is entitled to her own opinion, as we all are. Anyone belittling her education etc should be ashamed of themselves for being so stuck up that they can't see past the end of their noses!

If anything I have said offends anyone, I don't care! IT'S MY PERSONAL OPINION! Though not ALL of my opinion on the matter could be posted on here, cos I KNOW I'd be put in the "dog house"

My mate was barred from Tesco in his town the other day for refusing to remove his bike helmet comepletely, even though the face guard was up and you could see majority of his face....yet as he was arguing with the security guy, a load of muslims in full burka's with only their eyes showing walked straight in and were NOT asked to remove their veils. Fair? HELL NO!!!!!

Ciao!

I am a Muslim and I am white. The first Muslims in the UK were white; in the 1500s, possibly there were even a few before then. The first purpose built mosque in the UK was built by a white woman and one of the first converted from a house was built by a solicitor originally from the Isle of Man; in Liverpool in the mid 1800s. My friend is a Muslim convert and his great-great-great granddad was mayor of Stalybridge in Manchester in the 1800s and he recently found out that his great-great-great granddad was a convert to Islam too. My friend his family were quite racist and anti-Muslim; but this blew them away and they are certainly not any more. Many 'white english' people actually have Arab or other 'Muslim' descent somewhere in their history, the UK is an island and the amount of descendants we all have is vast, so the likelihood is pretty high. So this whole 'us and them' thing is unfair.

That aside; this particular group are NOT supported by the Muslim community on the whole; there literally is 30 or even less members of this group. They are banned from most mosques; community centres and other Islamic centres. There have been incidences where this group have tried to cause fights and have picketed outside MOSQUES. Telling them to go back to the country they think is Islamic is missing the point; as this group believe all other Muslims are non-believers, including the governments and residents of countries such as Saudi Arabia; Pakistan etc. They believe its haram (forbidden) to work even in a Muslim country and their children are not educated as they believe education is forbidden (yet many of them have been to uni, hmm). They don't respect scholarship, learning either secular or Islamic and their whole belief system is outside of the mainstream of Islam. Many scholars have identified them with a sect historically known as the khawaarij, they have resurfaced many times throughout Islamic history (and there have been similar sects and cults throughout the history of Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism and other religions as well) but always they have died down because they have ended up killing each other over minor disagreements.

This particular group I have met some of them; or rather been confronted by them for no reason. They are extremely ignorant of Islamic teachings and Islamic texts; none of them know Arabic (and you will rarely if ever find an Arab speaker amongst them) and they are not practicing Muslims (they dress the part but never pray); to them Islam is a purely political movement. If you try and reason with them they become highly confused; I have had experience with cults before and this group is a cult. Most of them don't practice what they preach; including Anjem Choudhary; I saw him working in a market selling what his group would consider to be 'debauched' ladies clothing; and I thought working was haram? He ran off when he realised people were recognising him being a blatant hypocrite but he also hangs around in the Ilford McDonalds just hoping for some recognition from passers by. Many of this group take drugs and drink as well, and most of them leave Islam outright when they become disillusioned with this group.

I do believe the government allow this group to operate for two reasons; one; it is easier for them to get to intelligence about genuine terrorists or thats the theory they have; two its a divide and rule thing. Don't you think in this time of so many cuts and job losses its extremely convenient to have a scapegoat to focus the public's attention on; thus taking everyone's eyes off what the government are doing?

I am a little shocked by some of the responses (I haven't had time to read the thread in its entirety).

The focus should be on what they did, rather than who did it. I did not post this thread for people to complain about muslims, I posted it because I was shocked that anyone would be so disrespectful. It could have been anyone who did it! I was not aware of the racism happening on Facebook or I probably would not have posted it at all.

Those protesters certainly have the right to protest against the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, but if only they had chosen one of the other 364 days to do so then they might have gained support rather than fueling so much hatred.

By the way moderate Muslims (and by moderate that is most Muslims; including practicing ones) DO speak out about this group; organise conferences and talks warning the youth about them and so on; but the media is nowhere to be seen in those instances. I have tried to post comments on articles about these people in the daily Mail; they are NEVER published. I know a mosque in Manchester who offered to send their resident scholar onto any programme the BBC liked; the BBC said 'no thanks you're not extreme enough for us the viewers will not be interested'.

Also banning Christmas etc; this is not asked for by Muslims but PC idiots that work for local councils; schools etc, a bunch of money and time wasters who like to create problems that aren't there; probably they will get funding for it. Even Muslims who choose not to celebrate Christmas or Easter (and I know of several Christian sects who don't either) don't particularly care if anyone else does.

By the way I; and many other Muslims have reported this group to the police for their activities; the police do absolutely nada.

Finally the best way to deal with this group is to ignore them; they are all narcissists and misfits and love the oxygen of publicity; if the media were not there to be at their protests et al (and they call the newspapers and TV companies in advance and invite them btw) the novelty would soon wear off; but thats unlikely to happen especially on a 'slow' news day. Also the majority of Muslim scholars say that demonstrations and rallies are completely forbidden in the Islamic faith; they disturb people; cause a public order nuisance and don't achieve anything except misunderstanding and damage to property; but as I said this group and many other political groups don't respect scholarship.

thanks for your insight on this hunni its good to hear that the main muslim comunity do not like these horrorable people either and that they are trying to stop them and unfortunatly due to the idiotic behaviour of our british media we dont hear about it but i say agian thank you for your insight into this issue

No problem; thank you too; its just so frustrating as a lot of people think Moderate Muslims don't speak out about it; and they do. There was a case when this bunch of 30 rabble rousers came to demonstrate in Luton; it was a crowd of 300 Muslims dressed in traditional dress and with beards that chased them out of town; this wasn't publicised apart from a brief article on the daily mail website; because it didn't fit with the whole picture of Muslims not speaking out against these people AND because those dealing with this bunch of morons were themselves obviously strongly practicing Muslims, yet not extremists.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...nti-war-protest-driven-members-community.html

See how they don't make it clear which group is which (its actually the bearded men in the first picture who are the ones who drove them out of town, the idiot swearing at the camera is almost certainly from Al-Muhajiroun or whatever they are calling themselves this week)

yer its really stupid i hate the british media as they never paint the whole picture like they praise our soldier for doing outstanding jods and tell us about the kit they "have" more like suposed to have and that they are all in camps and well looked after which isnt true there are lads currently in afghan that me and my oh are very close to and one of them cant get intouch with his pregnant wife as he has no internet and one phone between over 200 lads would love for the media to tell the trusth

and alot of the lads come home like skelitons coz they arent getting the calories they need a few of our friends are jsut on rasion packs which arent that nice tbh and they dont get any post untill there is alot so they go month at a time with no post no letters from home or the parcels there wives have sent even then post at christmas will be hell it was last year and alot of lads never recieved there parcels

Thats really sad; my husband was in the army cadets and would have been a senior officer right now but he just didn't agree with war generally and the way people are treated in the army so he left. Even if people don't support the war or even the soldiers, that doesn't mean they are extreme but there are ways of making your feelings felt and this group really just want to cause trouble and upset people on any issue they can. I don't know if you've seen that Louis theroux episode where he goes to see the Westboro Baptist Church but this group reminds me so much of them; so much hate for the sake of hate...(they believe God hates America and they ARE American; idiots)

I personally feel that the actions of this violent minority are deplorable. As much as anything it smacks of a deliberate lack of understanding of what the poppy represents. To me wearing a poppy has never been a symbol of consent to any conflict, whether it be red or white, and is simply to remember those who have died in all wars since WW1. What is remembered is, in my opinion, very separate from any decision to go to war. The problem that these particular extremists had actually had very little to do with what the poppy represents, which just makes the action all the more distressing and offensive to me. This ignorance is even worse in my eyes if they are British born as it's not something I can tolerate easily in Christians/agnostics/atheists who have a long British heritage! The assertions put forward in the Telegraph article by one of the extremists stating that the "British soldiers you remember on this day are soldiers who have taken innocent lives in illegal occupations and unjust wars" aren't strictly true. Whilst I would put a question mark over the legality of the most modern conflicts, the major historical conflicts that are the main focus were both legal and just and, indeed, were the result of many years of growing tensions and uneasy peace. Furthermore, regardless of the political impetus behind the decision to go to war and the legality of any war, the service personnel themselves simply do their duty and the sacrifices made by soldiers, etc in modern conflicts are just as great and just as important as those who served in WW1 and 2. Admittedly, the Daily Mail article does give a quote that is more precise. (I don't ordinarily read the Daily Mail! It's just that this issue is only actually reported in the Telegraph and the Daily Mail online! It's actually a fairly well done article in the Mail for once.)

I have a friend that I have fallen out with on a couple of occasions over this overarching issue. With the exception of buying a poppy, she refuses to support charities that help injured soldiers or the families of those who died because she doesn't agree with the actions in Afganistan. She doesn't seem to understand my argument that the soldiers themselves shouldn't be punished for the decisions of government as they have no say in if and where they fight.

These young men have every right to be angry and they do have the freedom to express their anger publicly. However, I am disgusted by the way in which they decided to express this anger. I hope most fervently that they don't try to interrupt the services of remembrance on Sunday.

I also commend the BBC for apparently not reporting it and not spreading the hate these men were spouting. Concentrating on the spirit of remembrance was absolutely the right way to go, especially on the TV news yesterday.

Beca :wave:

ETA: I don't believe that Islam is an inherently violent religion. In 6th form I had several friends who are muslim and they are lovely people. I also lived in an area that was almost predominantly non-Caucasian and experienced those who caused trouble and used their ethnicity as a get out of jail free card. Unlike several members of my immediate family, I understand that it's only a few that cause issues and the majority of muslims, and indeed those of other faiths and ethnicities that share Britain, are moderate and are integrated enough that they are a seamless part of British society, whilst maintaining a sense of their indigenous culture. I also understand that not all muslims are from immigrant families (no matter how far back in their family history!).

Thats really sad; my husband was in the army cadets and would have been a senior officer right now but he just didn't agree with war generally and the way people are treated in the army so he left. Even if people don't support the war or even the soldiers, that doesn't mean they are extreme but there are ways of making your feelings felt and this group really just want to cause trouble and upset people on any issue they can. I don't know if you've seen that Louis theroux episode where he goes to see the Westboro Baptist Church but this group reminds me so much of them; so much hate for the sake of hate...(they believe God hates America and they ARE American; idiots)

no i havent seen it and yer i was in the army cadets as a kid and loved it was giong to join the reguler army myself but couldnt due to medical but i dont agree with the war just want us to pull out but i want them to make a break throught thought and stop the violance or catch the taliban other wise all our guys that we have lost would of gone in vain the only reason i agree with still being there dont agree with why it started but to keep the taliban away from thoses civilians that have done nothing wrong and that the taliban would brutilise if we left but my ohs lot are out right now he is lucky for me getting out so i dont have to deal with any of it and i agree u dont need to be violent or throw a hissy fit to get a point across as a good friend has said to me to be calm and collected is the best way to do it and its very true it is and i do believe that these silly boys need a realitly cheak on how they are behaveing as its very wrong

I personally feel that the actions of this violent minority are deplorable. As much as anything it smacks of a deliberate lack of understanding of what the poppy represents. To me wearing a poppy has never been a symbol of consent to any conflict, whether it be red or white, and is simply to remember those who have died in all wars since WW1. What is remembered is, in my opinion, very separate from any decision to go to war. The problem that these particular extremists had actually had very little to do with what the poppy represents, which just makes the action all the more distressing and offensive to me. This ignorance is even worse in my eyes if they are British born as it's not something I can tolerate easily in Christians/agnostics/atheists who have a long British heritage! The assertions put forward in the Telegraph article by one of the extremists stating that the "British soldiers you remember on this day are soldiers who have taken innocent lives in illegal occupations and unjust wars" aren't strictly true. Whilst I would put a question mark over the legality of the most modern conflicts, the major historical conflicts that are the main focus were both legal and just and, indeed, were the result of many years of growing tensions and uneasy peace. Furthermore, regardless of the political impetus behind the decision to go to war and the legality of any war, the service personnel themselves simply do their duty and the sacrifices made by soldiers, etc in modern conflicts are just as great and just as important as those who served in WW1 and 2. Admittedly, the Daily Mail article does give a quote that is more precise. (I don't ordinarily read the Daily Mail! It's just that this issue is only actually reported in the Telegraph and the Daily Mail online! It's actually a fairly well done article in the Mail for once.)

I have a friend that I have fallen out with on a couple of occasions over this overarching issue. With the exception of buying a poppy, she refuses to support charities that help injured soldiers or the families of those who died because she doesn't agree with the actions in Afganistan. She doesn't seem to understand my argument that the soldiers themselves shouldn't be punished for the decisions of government as they have no say in if and where they fight.

These young men have every right to be angry and they do have the freedom to express their anger publicly. However, I am disgusted by the way in which they decided to express this anger. I hope most fervently that they don't try to interrupt the services of remembrance on Sunday.

I also commend the BBC for apparently not reporting it and not spreading the hate these men were spouting. Concentrating on the spirit of remembrance was absolutely the right way to go, especially on the TV news yesterday.

Beca :wave:

ETA: I don't believe that Islam is an inherently violent religion. In 6th form I had several friends who are muslim and they are lovely people. I also lived in an area that was almost predominantly non-Caucasian and experienced those who caused trouble and used their ethnicity as a get out of jail free card. Unlike several members of my immediate family, I understand that it's only a few that cause issues and the majority of muslims, and indeed those of other faiths and ethnicities that share Britain, are moderate and are integrated enough that they are a seamless part of British society, whilst maintaining a sense of their indigenous culture. I also understand that not all muslims are from immigrant families (no matter how far back in their family history!).

i think sweety we need to let your friend know about our lovely soldiers :D hehe i knwo alot of lads in afghan now who joined before the war alot dont choice to go but have ot coz they signed that blank cheque many moons ago they signed there life and choices to queen and country hehe iam mad on h4h and other charities to do with the forces i have my h4h band on 24/7 and i have the h4h tote bag hehe oh has been prewarned on h4h stuff round our hosue when we get one :happydance:

What happened yesterday was awful, disrespectful and wrong but that doesn't make it ok to tar all muslims with the same brush all the muslims i have met and talk to and consider friends are just as disgusted as we are by what happened. The whole point of the few extremists behaviour was to incite hatred against their religion so they could justify worse behaviour when a mosque gets firebombed by idiots or family's get attacked by whites. We need to rise above their behaviour and understand that 99% of muslims are good honest law abiding citizens who contribute to our country in a positive way.

I might have missed it but I really dont think anyone is saying all Muslims are the same. We are saying that the ones who act like they did yesterday and the ones who spout abuse should be removed from this country

But if they were born in this country where should they be deported to?

A few pages back someone said something along the lines of the men burning the poppy did so to protest British Forces going to their country and dropping bombs on it. So stating that these men were not born in this country. This sort of thing goes beyond freedom of speach and into inciting hatred and violence and that's when the question of deportation becomes ligitimate, because it is a crime.

If they came from somewhere else then it should be acceptable to discuss deportation of a criminal. If they were born here then prison is the acceptable alternative.

Personally I feel that there are people who hate, and it doesn't matter what race, nationality or religion they are, they are just filled with hate, want to cause hurt, and so they find a reason to hide behind to try and justify acting on that hate. Some reasons are more 'acceptable' than others (protesting a war above football hooliganism for example) but at the root of events like this it comes down to hate and that's when it becomes a crime and when discussions about deportation or imprisonment become necessary.

Martin Luther King helped to change the world with the freedom of speach and didn't condone violence or burning symbols while he did it.

To burn something like the poppy or a flag or a holy book goes beyond freedom of speach and into hate crime in my eyes and I don't think it is racist to want foreign criminals deported or British criminals to be locked up.

Some of these comments are bording on racism and im shocked.

Those 35 muslims who did this should have been punished, they should have been arrested for inciting hate.

This is exactly the same thing as those people who were going to burn the koran, both completely disgusting.

The groups that sprung up on FB last night actually made me feel sick! The things people were saying made me feel very very ashamed to be british

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->