****Broody and Babbling till 2014****

Well... after much research, thought and discussion with DH, I am getting my Mirena removed. I am completely not myself and feel that I owe it to my boys and my husband to try and get my self and my life back. I have an appointment on the 19th to get it taken out. I know that we will have to use condoms again and hopefully I can really get to know my body and eventually use NFP. Just asking for thoughts and/or prayers girls....anything positive you can throw my way, that I can return to my old happy self.

Good luck honey! You've gotta do what you've gotta do. Some types of hormonal (or all types if you're like me) BC just don't set right with some women. Follow your heart and do what your instincts tell you to. We all care about you and are here for support any time that you need it. :hugs:

hey ladies! How is everyone doing? I was just laughing at myself because I keep getting these strange pains/twinges in my lower back and on mostly my left side. I keep thinking that "MAYBE" it could be pregnancy somehow, and it's not even really possible! Have you noticed that you tend to make up symptoms for pg even though you know theres a 99% chance it's not possible? LOL I crack my self up!!!:blush::nope:

I actually find myself doing the opposite these days. It's very possible that I could be pregnant, but instead I try to think of everything else it possibly could be instead of a baby. If I get a :bfp: for Christmas, I might faint..and cry..and then laugh hysterically like a crazy person all in that order before finally calling a doctor. Haha. :dohh:

hey ladies! How is everyone doing? I was just laughing at myself because I keep getting these strange pains/twinges in my lower back and on mostly my left side. I keep thinking that "MAYBE" it could be pregnancy somehow, and it's not even really possible! Have you noticed that you tend to make up symptoms for pg even though you know theres a 99% chance it's not possible? LOL I crack my self up!!!:blush::nope:

I actually find myself doing the opposite these days. It's very possible that I could be pregnant, but instead I try to think of everything else it possibly could be instead of a baby. If I get a :bfp: for Christmas, I might faint..and cry..and then laugh hysterically like a crazy person all in that order before finally calling a doctor. Haha. :dohh:

LOL. Well a christmas BFP would be amazing! :happydance:
AF is due tomorrow, so I guess that's what these strange back pains are. I've never had them before so it's strange to me. I feel slightly crampy, so i'm 100% sure I'm not pg. Just wishful thinking! :wacko:

Oh no, a Christmas :bfp: would be horrifying right now! I'd have the baby right before my wedding. A June :bfp: is very doable though. :winkwink:

Wow I haven't been on this thread for a while.

Just to update everyone:

Hubby and I have decided to Not Try but not Prevent. :) :) We really would like them close together...so we shall see what happens, after this next period!!

No more birth control for me (it just really messed up my cycle) I had 2 periods last month, so I told hubby "no more pills" lol!!! And he agreed, he said taking birth control pills made me crazy and he missed the old me.

The whatever happens, happens girl :) so ladies wish me luck. I will probably still post in this thread as we are actively going to still try in 2014, I hope that's still okay with everyone, if not I completely understand.

Thanks so much Kalon! It has been a rough few months for me. I actully downloaded the prescriptive information sheet last night for Mirena (the one for the prescribing physician to read). The information sheet for the patient says nothing about mood disturbances being a side effect, but the one for the doctors does! And there are so many women posting online who are going through or went through the exact same things as me. There are even lots os support threads.

So when I talked to the nurse at my doctors office today to tell her my side effects, she said that the hormones in Mirena are localized to the uterus. I said that can't honestly be, or why would the side effects include high blood pressure, stroke, and the possibility of breast cancer. That is obviously showing that the hormones are systemic. She said well, time will tell...if your symptoms don't go away its probably something else. I said "yep, time will tell".

If my symptoms do go away after I go through the supposed "mirena crash", I will be calling the FDA and reporting my side effects.

Well... after much research, thought and discussion with DH, I am getting my Mirena removed. I am completely not myself and feel that I owe it to my boys and my husband to try and get my self and my life back. I have an appointment on the 19th to get it taken out. I know that we will have to use condoms again and hopefully I can really get to know my body and eventually use NFP. Just asking for thoughts and/or prayers girls....anything positive you can throw my way, that I can return to my old happy self.

Are the hormones in it affecting you?
I tried to get one on halloween and after 40 min, a shot of lidocaine in my cervix and two doctor's trying to get past the inner 'door' of my cervix they gave up. That was the most excruciating pain I ever felt and I can't willingly go back for a second try.... it looks like it is a good thing it didn't go in though. Good luck!!!

Thanks so much Kalon! It has been a rough few months for me. I actully downloaded the prescriptive information sheet last night for Mirena (the one for the prescribing physician to read). The information sheet for the patient says nothing about mood disturbances being a side effect, but the one for the doctors does! And there are so many women posting online who are going through or went through the exact same things as me. There are even lots os support threads.

So when I talked to the nurse at my doctors office today to tell her my side effects, she said that the hormones in Mirena are localized to the uterus. I said that can't honestly be, or why would the side effects include high blood pressure, stroke, and the possibility of breast cancer. That is obviously showing that the hormones are systemic. She said well, time will tell...if your symptoms don't go away its probably something else. I said "yep, time will tell".

If my symptoms do go away after I go through the supposed "mirena crash", I will be calling the FDA and reporting my side effects.

I feel the same way about the depo provera. My gyno at the time told me there were no side effects. There definitely were. Terrible ones at that. If I have problems TTC, I'll be reporting to the FDA as well. I should report to them anyway stating that it can take longer than a year after getting off of it seeing as I didn't get my normal periods back until two years of being off of it.

Joy, yes- the hormones are really affecting me. I have been having terrible anxiety, mood swings and irritability, headaches (several times a week, when I have never had problems with headaches), brain fog, complete loss of libido (don't even want DH to touch me most of the time), bloated all the time, insomnia ect ect. I mean, I feel like I'm going crazy... until I go online and search mirena side effects or mirena and anxiety, and read tons of posts that sound like I could have written it! The crazy part is, I had issues when they were trying to insert it too and finally got it on my 3rd appointment... should have taken that as a sign!

Kalon, I have heard so many terrible things about depo. I can't believe its still on the market!

i'm so excited today ladies!! right now my OH currently commutes over an hour and a half ONE way to work in Baltimore, MD. He's been looking for a job closer to home, and expressed that he didn't want to TTC until he lived closer incase anything ever happened while I was PG. Well today he got a call and has an interview with our city department for a job! maybe this means we could start TTC sooner if he gets the job!!! FX!!!

Joy, yes- the hormones are really affecting me. I have been having terrible anxiety, mood swings and irritability, headaches (several times a week, when I have never had problems with headaches), brain fog, complete loss of libido (don't even want DH to touch me most of the time), bloated all the time, insomnia ect ect. I mean, I feel like I'm going crazy... until I go online and search mirena side effects or mirena and anxiety, and read tons of posts that sound like I could have written it! The crazy part is, I had issues when they were trying to insert it too and finally got it on my 3rd appointment... should have taken that as a sign!

Kalon, I have heard so many terrible things about depo. I can't believe its still on the market!

Ooof! Thanks for the heads up! Damn hormones! You must be a strong women to go back 3 times!!!!! There is just noooo way! So you may have said it before, but what are you going to use for birth control now? I am going to the doctor on the 19th to talk about this. Every time I research to find something that would be good for me I get emotional and frustrated!

Well, no hormonal birth control has ever worked well for me, and there is no way I would consider paragaurd. We decided to go back to using condoms until my cycle regulates and then we are hoping to use natural family planning and might buy a fertility monitor.

Hope your hubby gets the job! FX!

I was on BC for 10 years. It got a point where it ALL made me horribly sick so I stopped taking it. I would never go back at this point.

My DF got the first full time job he interviewed for and he starts in the beginning of Feb! TTC train full steam ahead!

Also we are going on an outback roadtrip after xmas til Jan and we will celebrate less than a year to TTC on New Years Day in the middle of the desert. :haha: I bought a board book copy of On the Day You Were Born and wrapped that for us to open on one year to go. We will read it to our LO on the day they are born. :)

Ooof! Thanks for the heads up! Damn hormones! You must be a strong women to go back 3 times!!!!! There is just noooo way! So you may have said it before, but what are you going to use for birth control now? I am going to the doctor on the 19th to talk about this. Every time I research to find something that would be good for me I get emotional and frustrated!

My plan is the same as luvmyfam, only I'm not on hormonal BC of any kind right now and DF hates condoms. I told him that if he didn't wear them then he can't complain if we end up with a surprise baby. XD
I do keep track of my ovulation though and so far that has appeared to work. This month it may not have though because I had a weird period and a 28 day cycle when I normally have a 30-31 day cycle last month, so I have no idea when I actually O'd this month because I don't know if my cycles are now 28 days or still 30-31 days. :dohh:

Hey Ladies, it's been a while since i've been in here.....

I don't think i'll be joining you all in 2014.....

I screwed things up with the OH, we've worked it out though and have said that we're gonna focus on us and do some fun things together, plus, we haven't started saving for a house yet as we just don't have enough spare cash. That's one of the stipulations unfortunately. He won't even consider, or talk about TTC until we own our own place.

The saving will begin in the middle of next year. So we're not gonna know how much we can save until we know whats going on with my job, whether i'll be getting a promotion or not (which i'll find out in July). So I can't even try and work things out to give myself a rough date....

:(

Good luck Lee honey. You're always welcome to come here for support, even if you don't end up TTC in 2014. :hugs:

Wow I can't believe there's a group for this already! I'm just saying that as I know it will be here so quickly, time goes in too fast.

We always wanted ours to be 2 yrs apart so as I fell pregnant jan 2012 we are going to try again jan 2014.

My LO is 8wks old today and it has gone in far too quick already! Roll on no2!

Gd luck ladies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->