****Broody and Babbling till 2014****

Hey, I hope you don't mind be joining you! I am desperate to have a baby, I have been pregnant twice since 2011 but miscarried both times, the pregnancies were unplanned as I am at uni, I graduate in June 2013 and then need to complete a pre-registration year before trying to get a full-time permanent job, ideally i would like to be due in July or August 2015 which means getting pregnant late 2014, so I guess I belong here!
This Christmas has been really hard as I should be going into my third trimester just now, and I should also have a toddler. Instead, I spent Christmas with other family members kids. Watching my boyfriends niece (she is 3) snuggle into him and fall asleep was the cutest thing I have ever seen, it really upset me but was lovely at the same time =[ can't wait until Christmas 2015 when hopefully it will be his baby he is snuggling!

Congrats Angie! :hugs:

Well ladies, AF is officially at least a week late so I have a doctor's appointment for tomorrow. :thumbup:

How was everyone's Christmas? Mine was pretty great. We went to DF's parents' house. :D

Hi, we are getting married July 2014 and so will be TTC concieve sometime after then. We would love one right now but it's not practical, so keeping myself busy with wedding planning just now. Hope everyone had a good Christmas.

Hello my name is charlene and i am waiting to have my tubal ligation reversed because of the following

I have had 4 lovely children and after the 4th i was sterilized, I was only 24 and not really given all the details and just jumped into it to start with i regreted this but soon i became happy with my 4 and realised i had no need for any more children. My husband is in the royal marines, we had a great life and a wonderful family, when this march after my husban had spent a year pretty much solidly away we left the 3 girls with their grandparents and i whisked my husband away for a long weekend to amsterdam for his 30th birthday, we were enjoying a nice weekend together when my entire life was turned upside down, we got a call from my father in law to say there had been a accident and Kaycee, Annabella, Lily0Mae and their nan had been hit by two motorbike travelling at 50mph, Lily-Mae and her Nan were in a really bad way and we had to get back from Amsterdam straight away, we rushed back to the hotel grabbed our passports and headed to the airport, we booked the next plane which thankfully they held for us to get on and stopped anyone els getting off before us when we landed in the UK.
We were met by police officers from southampton and rushed through customs and blue lighted to the hospital, we knew that Lily-Mae probably wasnt going to make it but nothing prepared us for seeing her 5 year old little body being kept alive by machines, we spent 7 hours with her before we were told that she was brain stem dead and they would keep her alive for as long as we wanted but she had gone, we left it a few more hours before we realised that we were keeping her alive for us and we should let her go for her. It was the hardest thing i have ever done and i doubt anything will ever come as close.
We miss Lily-Mae every second of every day and even more in august on her birthday and christmas we can never replace Lily-Mae but the loss of our baby has left a unfillable hole. we thought quite early on that we would like another child not to replace Lily-Mae or fill the void she has left behind but to bring new life and new joy. the NHS have said they will not do the reversal so i am looking at getting done privately in the new year, i hope that the fact i am only 30 and was sterilized just under 6 years ago would mean i would be successful.
All i can think of is my loss and need for another child so thought people on here could be of support while i wait and with a success rate of 50% im sure it wont be simple and hopefully i can help and support others on here too.
Many thanks
Charlene

I'm so sorry about what happened to you, Charlene. :hugs:
No one should ever have to bury their child. I wish you the best of luck in your reversal and I hope that you can feel that joy and happiness once more.

sorry i havent been around for a while. how is everyone?
we got moved into the new house, got tonnes of problems with it so been constantly on at the estate agents to get it sorted. oliver is now crawling, cruising and nearly standing unaided. god how time flies. hope you all had a good christmas x

Charlene, you have been through so much :(. I just can't imagine. We are definitely here for support if you need it! Welcome.

Welcome babydino and lieylo :wave:!

Well, looks like I'm getting a new doctor. The one I have now won't even humor the possibility of pregnancy for me, yet I am now on CD41, which makes AF at the very least 10 days late for me. ):

Kalon, when I was TTC my second I had a crazy cycle that was really long. I just treated it as though I hadn't ovulated yet everyday. I had my LMP on Jan 7th that year and we had decided to start trying that month. When AF never showed, I kept testing, just to get negative tests:wacko:. By March I was really wondering what was going on and my doctor fit me in for an appointment on march 11th. I kept testing every few days and took a test on the 10th that was negative. I went in to my appointment thinking something was really wrong and I was frusterated:shrug:. The nurse asked when my LMP was, and I told her Jan 7th. She said "could you be pregnant" to which I answered no I took a test yesterday that was negative:nope:. She said well give us a little urine. Anyway... my doctor came in the room about 10 min later with a smile on her face, holding the test in her hand and said "good news!":bfp:. I was shocked. She had me come back 2 weeks later and dated me at 6 weeks. I had just ovulated very late.

Hoping that your cycle is just a little crazy this month and that you will soon get your answer! Hang in there!:hugs:

Hello! My name is Hannah, I was here a while ago before my current bubah! We are waiting to sort out our finances before trying, and in the meantime have decided to get married next year (we are having 2 weddings! ahh!) and will be going to a festival in 2014, so straight afterwards we will be trying (if our finances are in order of course!). That is if my hormones can wait that long! I am super excited wheee! :D
Look forward to chatting to you all :)
Much hugs xx

Welcome, Hannah! :wave: :flower:

Well luvmyfam, I think I got my answer. I got some light pink discharge on the toilet paper this morning, so I think AF is on her way. I can't help feeling a bit disappointed. I just want to be trying already. ):

Sorry Kalon. It will be your turn before you know it!

Hi

I was going to read all the posts before posting then saw there were 56 pages of them (!) so admit I haven't. Charlene, I'm so sorry, that it just awful. Best of luck with the reversal.

I hope to start trying for a baby in summer 2014.

I read the first few pages and saw that there were a few nurses/student nurses. Until recently, I was working as a nurse but have gone back to uni and will graduate in 2014 (hence why I am waiting).

I am currently single - although I have been ready to be a mum for some time, I have never been in a relationship where I thought he had father/long term potential. I have therefore decided that, if I find a suitable man in the next 18 months or so, then great. If I don't, then I will do it on my own. I'll spend the next 18 months on my degree, hoping that there is a job at the end of it (I really, really hope so) and getting myself as fit and healthy as possible.

Welcome Caite :wave:! Sounds like you have a good plan! What are you going to school for now?

How's everyones New Years? I'm ringing in the new year in the NICU with co-workers and the babies! They like to party too! Heres to a happy and healthy new year for all of us!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Hi luvmyfam, didn't want to admit it here, but I'm now studying midwifery. I have a NICU/special care placement in the summer - I'm dreading it!

Hi Ladies,

Just dropping in to wish you a very happy new year

Happy Newyear everyone! :happydance: I hope you all had a great time over the holidays.

Even though we still have quit a wait ahead of us, from now on, we can talk about 'next year' which sounds a whole lot better :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->