****Broody and Babbling till 2014****

I do know a couple of girls at work who used supplements and diet to conceive a certain sex, but it wasn't this diet. It definitely wasn't a starvation diet. But no matter what diet you are on, you are still supposed to be taking your prenatals and folic acid. I would never even imagine doing something that could possibly harm my baby. Having said that, the baby wouldn't even be effected by my nutrition until about 6 weeks anyway.

I don't want you guys to think that I would go as far as harming my baby, or that ALL I want is a daughter. This is really all in fun and right now I'm just looking at the sway options. Both DH and I would be thrilled to have a 3rd boy. We would just like to have a little more of a chance at a girl with it being my 3rd and final pregnancy. :flower:

I would never even imagine doing something that could possibly harm my baby.
I'd never think that you would. But sites like that do annoy me because you just know that there are women out there who will follow this advice very strictly...

Having said that, the baby wouldn't even be effected by my nutrition until about 6 weeks anyway.
This I don't completely agree with because your own body is affected and what affects your body, affects your baby. Like the fact you have to take the prenatal vitamins in advance to make sure you have enough of them when your baby is growing. Maybe they don't go directly to your baby yet, but you take them for the baby. And after all, your body has to build a safe home for your baby with a strong placenta and umbilical cord, which I presume will also require a lot of energy. I really hope there are not too many girls doing what this website advises.

Most of the girls that posted their diets didn't follow the starvation part of it. Only one girl followed it strictly that I noticed. It's not so much the website that advises it, but the posters. The website itself has different methods of timing, diet, supplements, douches, but does not talk about the starvation part of it (just lowering calories). I totally agree that you need to be healthy with good nutrition while TTC. The prenatals being taken in advance though are for your nutrition stores, which even the website states that everyone needs to be taking prenatals and folic acid. The diet is only for the TTC stage and is changed as soon as ovulation is over or with BFP. I don't know if I agree with it, but for the most part it is not harmful (the regular sway diet, not the starvation).

I wouldn't think that you ever would do it, I just think the person that came up with the idea for the starvation swaying diet is insane. And while the regular swaying diet isn't harmful, it is to be switched to a pregnancy diet as soon as you get your :bfp:. It's okay for a little while, but not good to do forever. I imagine it would start to become harmful if a person were to follow that diet strictly if it were for more than a few months.

Totally agree girls :)! I didn't know at first what I thought about even swaying at all. But after DH and I talked a little about it we decided that we will have what we are meant to have no matter what. If we are meant to have a little girl, it will happen! Its so funny that when I was pregnant with DS 2 I was secretly wishing for another boy. I was terrified at the thought of a girl for some reason. And just a few months ago I stared seeing baby girl stuff in a whole new way and think it would be nice to have a daughter! But I also think I would make a great Mom of all boys :)!

You seem like a great mom in general. :D

DF admitted today that he's starting to get pretty impatient to hop on the baby train, too. It's nice to know that my OH is feeling almost as broody as I am, which means that as soon as we're making the reasonable income that he's hoping for he's immediately going to want to start trying. :happydance:

Thanks Kiki :hugs:!

And that's great news! Its always good to hear your DH's broodiness coming out :happydance:!

It's sooo nice if your OH feels a little broody too! I've noticed with friends that often the girls are the ones wanting to try and having to convince their OH. This month my period was late (it's always late as I have PCOS) and my boyfriend noticed (he always seems to keep an eye on my cycle) so I told him I wasn't pregnant but just late as usual and he said: well, should you be pregnant, that would be ok as well :) I was so happy I could hug him! (Which I didn't, trying not to put any pressure on him :winkwink: ).

That's so sweet of him Eline! Sounds like your guy is a little broody too :happydance:!

Men get broody too, they just don't like to admit it. XD

Hey guys! I'm coming back from a long hiatus, because I've definitely got the baby bug... Ugh. You can put me down for the end of 2014 because that's basically the earliest my SO and I could start trying, but I'm gonna stay positive about it. :thumbup:

I'm WTT for #1, by the way!

Welcome, Beffy! :wave: :flower:

Are you hoping for :pink:, :blue:, or are you team :yellow:? What are some goals that you would like to reach before TTC?

Welcome Beffy :wave:! I will add you to the list as soon as I get on the computer!

Having a really hard time waiting, lately, so I've been avoiding the forums. It's also our 4 year anniversary this week, which just adds insult to injury because I know 'us' is ready, it's just the money/house deposit (and thus housing) issue holding us back. We already have plenty of money for our wedding, honeymoon and to afford to rent with a LO in the town we want to move to, we just don't have the 10-20% mortgage deposit yet (we have about a 3% deposit saved lol). We have decided, though, that if we don't have a house by the end of the year we're going to rent and move away to the town and buy a little later. At least renting will be a nice 'sampler' to try out the town (we might do that either way actually, since it's a big change from Sydney). I've lost my job just this week which is a HUGE set back and I'm not finding any others yet. :nope: Luckily DF starts his full time job in 2 weeks, but that's still only 1 income. :( Anyway, the point is, we're aiming for the house thing but our number 1 priority is to get pregnant next year and we're going to do it whether renting or owning. :)

One thing that has cheered me up this week is having my first woven wrap arrive in the mail!!! :D:D:D It's a natibaby kalahari and was $80 (I *think* RRP is about $120+) so that was a huge bargain. It's pretty much brand new and only has 2 small pulls on it, no stains etc. I did 2 practice goes on my teddy. :haha: Can't wait til I'm doing it on my LO. :)

ETA: Luvmyfam- just noticed my name on the front page doesn't have what LO I'm waiting for, so can you add that? I'm WTT #1.

Great hearing from you Angie!! You guys sound like you are definitely ready for LO's! Renting sounds like a good plan, because then you would be right there and would have plenty of time to find the perfect place for you! Let's see a pic of this woven wrap! I will add your waiting # 1, just keep us updated on how you're doing and new things you buy!!:flower:

There's a pic of the woven in my journal, in one of the recent posts. :)

Hi Beffy & Angiepie!

I hope you find a new job very soon Angiepie! :thumbup:

Hello Ladies, It looks like I belong here :hi:
I was on the May TTC thread as I get married in April this year but with my OH being the voice of reason we need to wait until 2014. We really need to save for a house deposit before I lose my income given that I'll only be on SMP.
I think I'm going a bit loopy because I'll be 33 by then and want to get a move on.

We're WWT #1 and we're team yellow.

Nice to meet you. BTW my ticker is clearly not for testing at the end of the month, lol, I'm just getting used to my cycles as it seems to be a steady 28 days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->