****Broody and Babbling till 2014****

I want one of each preferably, but if I definitely want at least one little girl!

I'm a nursing student right now, and I graduate May 2014. I'm so excited to be done with school and start my career! And then I need to decide where I'm going to live and work and all that lovely stuff :p

My other goal (Beside financial stability/graduation) before TTC is losing weight. I have PCOS so losing weight would help a ton with getting pregnant.

Nice to meet all you ladies, too!

Nursing school.... I remember those days :coffee:! So exciting to have it all planned out!

How is everyone doing?

We were traveling back from a camping holiday yesterday and aquaplaned in heavy rain and our car got totaled. :( insurance will pay for most of a new one, but we will have to fork out 1000-2000 on top. Hopefully this doesn't affect our house buying plan, but it's looking more and more like we have to postpone house and wedding. :( As I said above, though, we will just rent and TTC either way coz we really don't want to wait after this year. So no matter our housing situation, we're still TTC NYE this year.

It's so depressing being careless now, and DF, who was driving, blames himself even though it was totally not his fault. He was doing nearly 30 under the speed limit and he pulled the handbrake and saved our lives and stopped us hitting other cars.

We do have a lot of nurses on this thread :)

I've been a bit ill, but after sleeping 12h straight last night it seems the worst part is behind me. And I've made an appointment to talk to my doc about the spotting I experience. It's probably nothing, but I still worry about it.

I wanna work in NICU or OB, too. And yes, nursing school... :coffee:<Is literally me 12 hours out of everyday!

Angiepie that stinks :( I hope it doesn't affect your plans quite that much :(

Angiepie, that sounds terrifying :(. So glad you guys are ok.

Eline, feel better!

I'm glad you two are okay, Angiepie! That's always the important thing, being alive and safe, unharmed.

Get well soon, Eline!

AF was supposed to start for me today, so if she doesn't show up in the afternoon I'm going to test tomorrow. My breasts are super sore, which always tells me that she's going to show up soon, but she hasn't yet, so I'm a little worried.

Would a BFP now not be good, Kalonkiki? (Actually, I just noticed the ticker in your thingywotsit, I guess not the best timing).

Well, I don't know what is up with me at the moment. We had a sad case at placement the other day (don't really want to go in to details) I wasn't even there, but it upset me (then I was cheered up by all the lovely new mummies and babies and the most adoreable set of twins). Then today, we were in class, talking about something that often leads to fertility problems (a blood condition, which I do not have!) and I could feel the tears welling up. And then I was on the phone to pay services who have mucked up my pay this month and I was actually in tears to him. I would like to think it was me just using whatever I had available to get my own way, but I know it wasn't.

I never cry. Well, hardly ever. Only at films and stuff and never, ever in front of other people.

On a more positive note, and kind of sort of related to the thread, I saw my first birth as a student midwife recently. It was amazing. I saw one once before (back when I was a student nurse) but didn't understand that one, but I knew what was happening this time. It was wonderful, she did everything ever so well, had about two puffs of gas and air and then had this wonderful little baby. I was thrilled, both for the mum having such a wonderful delivery and for me getting to see it. The two I have seen now are both very natural, very calm, so I am going to enjoy the illusion for the time being that that is how labour is. I am on the high risk unit soon so no doubt I will see the opposite end of the spectrum there.

Well, now wouldn't be the best timing as our wedding is in September and I'm not going down the isle at 8.5 months pregnant and miserable. We would be thrilled of course if we were as we've both been terribly broody, it would just mean that we would have to postpone our wedding plans. It must be an amazing thing getting to witness birth like that. I hope that the high risk unit won't be too stressful!

I forgot to add that I will be testing tomorrow. We have to get DF a new car, so he's been using mine. I asked him to pick me up a test tonight after he gets off work.

:bfp: ! I'm over the moon! <3

https://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n340/Cinnamint_Candy/bfp_zpsa37b1131.jpg

Hi everyone, I'm a 2014 hopeful too! My name's Sophie and my BF and I have been together almost 7 years. I've wanted a baby for as long as I can remember (I'm 28, he's 27) but he's never really been ready and deep down I always knew it wasn't the right time.

I'm glad we waited, now I am working as a primary school teacher, which I love, and we have moved from the UK to Australia, which I love! Now I feel like starting a family is the next step for us and thankfully, so does he! He has gone from saying 'in a couple of years' (which he's been saying for about 5 years...) to 'how about next year?' Lol, I would be happier with this year but I don't want to rush him.

I'm kind of anxious about waiting any longer, although I'm only 28 I've recently supported my best friend (who is 32) through two unsuccessful rounds of IVF and it really made me realise we can't take these things for granted. I just hope, hope, hope that I'll get to be a mummy some day.

Thank you so much, and welcome to our humble thread. :flower:
This is an "oops" baby, but a very welcome baby in any case. DF and I are a bit shocked and a little scared because this is our first baby (and my first pregnancy), but we're also very happy and excited.
What gender are you hoping for, or are you team :yellow: ? :)

So it just came a little earlier than planned! It's natural to feel scared... I'm sure I will feel both terrified and happy when the time comes!

I don't mind about gender and probably won't find out. I would be happy with either and would quite like the surprise :)

Haha, I know I was! I shed a few happy tears and I had to stare at the test over and over again to make sure that I was really seeing another line there and that it wasn't just my imagination. I still almost don't believe it. XD

Congrats! Wish I was able to have an 'oops', I could've been pregnant last year. :/

OMG Kiki!!!! CONGRATULATIONS:happydance:!!! Wow that is a dark line! No second guessing that one! Hope you have a very happy and healthy 9 months! I hope you will still be part of our thread :). Maybe I should start putting BFP announcements beside names of people on the first page. This is our second BFP...without even trying!:hugs:

Aww, I'm sure you'll get your turn soon enough. :)
And it's DF's own fault that we had an "oops" because he didn't care enough about protection, haha. He realizes this too. It's just ironic that the one month that we didn't BD much and that I didn't think I had an oops was the one month that I actually got pregnant, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->