****Broody and Babbling till 2014****

I am on the mend callumsmummy. It still hurts but apparently a broken toe heals fairly quickly. I can't imagine what it would feel like to break a big bone!

Sparkle, I'm definitely not getting the itch yet! I mean, I know I would like another one, but its just not time yet. Enjoy your time with # 1. I love having 2, but it is so nice when you just have the one! In a way, you'll miss it.

Sparkle, I'm definitely getting the itch to TTC sooner. I am trying to be sensible and grown up about it, but I am convincing myself that TTC sooner will be OK. I'm thinking at the moment if I start TTC in December, that would be fine. Even if I got pregnant first month (and I know that's not likely) but that would be OK. I could get job interviews and a job offer in Jan/Feb (hopefully) finish uni in March and go straight in to my new job and it would be fine. I'm employed by the NHS to go to uni, so getting a job in the NHS would count as continuous service, so it would be fine for my maternity leave. But then the rational side starts thinking well, what if I didn't get a job offer straight away, and they knew at interview that I was pregnant and they didn't offer me a job, I would have to keep working on the bank, which would be fine, but there would be no maternity pay.

Luvmyfam, I'm glad your toe is getting better.

We've had a lovely mother's day today. I was off, so I cooked for my mum, my gran and my sister. We had a lovely meal, though perhaps I made a bit too much, and we had a nice day. It's been really cold, though and we've even had some snow, though it hasn't stuck.

Patience is a virtue lol it's so frustrating!!!
I'm trying to think the most loving thing to do for my kids (the one I have and the ones to come) is for us to be financially ok etc....can't think about what I want at this point- it's about what's best for a family xxxx

I am having a hard time being patient also. On the one hand I completely agree with waiting from a practical perspective. On the other hand, part of me secretly hopes we will get pregnant over my birthday this month. So, I'm really trying to focus on how I can prepare for pregnancy, meeting financial goals, being as healthy as possible. I am hoping that setting some specific goals for myself will give me something to do and allow me to feel like we are moving forward to being able to ttc. It's a long wait though and it is hard to be patient.

Man, you guys all sound like me with the patience right now. I'm having a veryyyy hard time looking at TTC in a practical manner.

I'm convinced that if OH didn't want to TTC by 2014 I'd find a sperm donor! :haha: jk. Maybe. Maybe not.

It's hard to focus my mind on anything else :cry:

How is everyone? I'm feeling a little down today. I am so sick of the cold weather! I could really use some warm sunshine right now.

Y u down? Just the weather? It really does suck. Come on summer!!!!!

Ahh, no luvmyfam. What's up with you?

Mamabyrd - I don't have an OH to keep me in cheek - sperm donor is my plan (unless I meet the right man before). I really am relying on willpower alone.

I'm off for easter soon, just 2 shifts left on placement this week, and uni next week, then 2 whole weeks off. I have so much stuff to do round the house, tonnes of sorting out to do and I need to get on with the redecorating - I have tins of paint lined up in my hallway. But I think I will also do some bank shifts at the hospital and start paying off my credit cards. I also need to get on with training my dogs, and I have friends to catch up with - I've seen my best friend, who lives about 15 miles up the road, once since the new year, which is really, really bad.

I think it is partially the cold weather getting me down, but I've been thinking lately that I'm dumb for even thinking we can have a 3rd baby. I said that to my DH today and he said "why do you say that?, its going to be fine. Just think about the here and now right now".

Caite, you seem busy. It will be nice to have a couple of weeks off.

What's everyone doing this weekend? I just got home from work (8:30 am here). I am headed to bed! Later we are going to get the boys pictures done. Here's hoping and praying they do well! And then tonight DH and I are going to have some green beer for St. Patricks day and just relax on the couch. Hope everyone is having a good weekend :)!

We are celebrating my birthday with my family tomorrow and then it's back home on Sunday. We have been staying with my parents on vacation for the past week and it's been wonderful. Lots of sunshine and beautiful weather. It's my favorite time of year in TX. I'm determined to have a happy birthday. I've kind of been stressing about turning 32 given we won't start trying to get pregnant until I'm 33. I'm secretly hoping for an oopsie birthday present though even though I know I shouldn't I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

I graduated yesterday. And now I'm relaxing before I face my life for the next year. I found a second job so now I'm permanently busy. I'll be working about 45-50 hrs a week, but it take me an hour and 20 to get to work.

Happy birthday sugrad - I hope you get your oopsie.

:thumbup: Well done angiepie, on graduation and on the second job.

I've just finished my last night shift of this placement. We had two deliveries, one was really nice and I did it almost completely on my own. A couple of days on placement next week and then annual leave - I am so ready for a couple of weeks off.

luvmyfam - hmm, green beer sounds interesting. Is it actually green in colour? I have imagines of pint glasses full of lime green beer with big frothy heads, and it doesn't look terribly appealing!

Can I join please? My OH and I have just agreed a date of May/June 2014!

I was really hoping for September of this year but we knew that was overly optimistic so if we weren't going to be ready by September then it was unlikely that we'd be ready this year which pushes us to May because I don't want to try in Feb/March/April because I don't want a Christmas/New Year baby!

I'm so excited to have a date, it's not like it really changes anything immediately but I'm thrilled!

Congrats Angie on graduating! You sound busy!

Caite, that sounds so exiting! Congrats on doing it almost all on your own! And yes lol... it is actually green, but its just dyed with food coloring!

Welcome Rachie004 :wave:!

Here are a couple of the boy's pictures from yesterday! My hansome little guys, Gabe and Jacob <3.

Attachments

• 90C.jpg
    90C.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 81C.jpg
    81C.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 76C.jpg
    76C.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 4
Aww, they are so handsome! I have no doubt that #3 will also be super adorable. ;) :thumbup:

Thank you for the welcome luvmyfam and thank you for the photos, your boys are lovely xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->