****Broody and Babbling till 2014****

That sounds like an awesome plan Lee!! I hppe you will be TTC in 2014!:flower:

Sorry about your loss Rachie:hugs:. Hopefully you can be sure of your date soon.

Welcome comotion89 :wave:!

Hi! Can I join? My name is Baiba, I'm married, 28 years old and have 2 amazing sons.
Me and hubby decided this evening that we will be TTC our 3rd baby (I'm sooo hoping for a girl..) next Fall, so I'm officially WTC till September 2014. Seems long, but with 2 little ones already under 3 years the time will probably fly. My youngest one will be 1 in few weeks and I keep thinking - wait, where did the time go???
:)

Welcome Pukite :wave:! We will probably be TTC around the same time!

Thanks! :)
It's really nice to know I'm not the only one waiting more than a year to even start trying. :) And I see You have 2 boys as well.. Let me guess - you would like to have a girl, right? I think boys are amazing, i know they are, but I just want one little "mini-me" in the house.
What are your plans inbetween? I was just thinking that I should get my health checked and regulate my hormones.. And it wouldn't hurt to lose some weight - I want to be a beautiful mom, right now I don't feel like one. :blush:

I have to confess that I'm a bit obsessed with watching my ticker. For example it's just changed today to 1 year 3 weeks 6 days, somehow it changing to 3 weeks and 6 days is better than it saying 4 weeks yesterday, it's almost crossing a little threshold

I have to confess that I'm a bit obsessed with watching my ticker. For example it's just changed today to 1 year 3 weeks 6 days, somehow it changing to 3 weeks and 6 days is better than it saying 4 weeks yesterday, it's almost crossing a little threshold

I'm the same! I'm glad my ticker doesnt't say years, although it's just the same, 16 months just seems sooner than 1 year 4 months. :)

I'm the same! I'm glad my ticker doesnt't say years, although it's just the same, 16 months just seems sooner than 1 year 4 months. :)

Teehee, yes I totally understand! My next 'thing' to look forward to is when it says '2 weeks and 6 days' it's so silly but I can't help it :blush:

Teehee, yes I totally understand! My next 'thing' to look forward to is when it says '2 weeks and 6 days' it's so silly but I can't help it :blush:

And soon it will be less than a year for You to wait.. ;)

And soon it will be less than a year for You to wait.. ;)

I think that will make a massive difference psychologically! As I've mentioned previously, we may bring the date forward but that is very much up in the air at the moment with everything that is going on etc. You're not too far behind me with your date! It's funny, a year seems a really long time away but it seems like nothing at all at the same time. Broody sillyness!

It's really nice to know I'm not the only one waiting more than a year to even start trying. :) And I see You have 2 boys as well.. Let me guess - you would like to have a girl, right? I think boys are amazing, i know they are, but I just want one little "mini-me" in the house.
What are your plans inbetween? I was just thinking that I should get my health checked and regulate my hormones.. And it wouldn't hurt to lose some weight - I want to be a beautiful mom, right now I don't feel like one. :blush:

Yes, I would love a little girl! We are actually thinking about swaying for a girl and I have been visiting the ingender website sometimes to learn how. Boys are amazing and just full of energy and love, so I would be just as blessed to have an all boy household! But I feel like it doesnt hurt to give a girl a little bit of a better chance lol.

I also want to lose about 30 lbs. I don't know if I will be able to lose that much though, because that would be at my pre pregnancy weight for DS 1. I just need to get motivated! I am with you on regulating hormones too.

So nice meeting you here:flower:!

Yes, I would love a little girl! We are actually thinking about swaying for a girl and I have been visiting the ingender website sometimes to learn how. Boys are amazing and just full of energy and love, so I would be just as blessed to have an all boy household! But I feel like it doesnt hurt to give a girl a little bit of a better chance lol.

I also want to lose about 30 lbs. I don't know if I will be able to lose that much though, because that would be at my pre pregnancy weight for DS 1. I just need to get motivated! I am with you on regulating hormones too.

So nice meeting you here:flower:!

I guess we're thinking similar. I's love to have all boys as well, I like being the only princess in the house. :D Can You tell me something more about that ingender website? What are the main things to do for a girl? ;)

I want to lose some 10 lbs or so, I'm not overweight, it's just that my old clothes don't fit me anymoer and I can't afford right now to buy a whole new wardrobe so I have to shrink myself! :D And the summer is coming (it doesn't seem that way right now - it's SNOWING! It IS April and it isn't normal! Global warming? Yeah, right! :D ), wanna look my best.

It's nice to meet You, too! :flower:
P.S. Sorry about my English, it isn't my first language..

I think that will make a massive difference psychologically! As I've mentioned previously, we may bring the date forward but that is very much up in the air at the moment with everything that is going on etc. You're not too far behind me with your date! It's funny, a year seems a really long time away but it seems like nothing at all at the same time. Broody sillyness!
I usually count the time in cycles - I have long ones, about 37 days, so for me it's like 13 more to start TTC. ;)

Pukite, the website is ingender.com (there are others, that is just the one I visit). According to the website there are several things you can do to increase your chance of having a girl, by decreasing your ph. They say that if your cervicl mucus has a low ph, you are more likely to have girls (high ph = boys). There is a very specific diet that they follow for about 6 weeks prior to TTC, douches (before and after DTD), positions, ect.

The website has tons of information and there is a section where everyone posts their "sways" and what all they did, and what result they had. All very interesting!

Good morning! How is everybody doing?
For me - the time seems to go by soo slowly.. and today I feel so heavy-hearted about all the baby-situation, life itself.. Seems ridiculous that I kinda feel jelous to those moms-to-be who are expecting their babies - I already have two and I shouldn't be.. But I can't help myself. I keep looking at my pregnancy photos and I really regret that I didn't enjoy that time to the max. And now I have to wait so long to have another baby. The main reason I want to wait is - when both my boys will go to Kindergarden, I will have time for myself, I will be able to do all those cute pregnant women things - go to Yoga, go to all those classes (I never did it with my first 2 babies), do an outdoor photosession with my family and so on. Yeah, that is definately worth waiting. :)
I wrote this and don't feel so bad anymore. :)

Hi everyone! May I join?

I've been a member of BnB for years, but have been in and out of the forum since I've been WTT. I'm Manda, 23 and engaged to my amazing fiance who is 25 next month. We have been together a few years and are getting married April 2014. We live in the US.

We've been back and forth about a TTC date. He really has been go with the flow, as long as it is not until after the wedding. Originally, we had talked about TTC on our one year anniversary, but recently after hearing about several old friends who are pregnant, I've been incredibly broody. We talked about it last week and he agreed that we could start NTNP on our wedding night. I already am off BC and have been for the past year, we just use the pull out method, which has been incredibly successful, so I know my cycles fairly well.

I've literally been broody since I was out of highschool and with an ex. I knew it wasn't the time to have a baby of course and I'm so glad we never had any accidents, because he was not the right guy for me, but now it feels so real to have a wedding and TTC date.

For the most part, we are pretty set. We bought our own house in October 2012. We have three cars between the both of us. I have my bachelors and am a graduate student and will graduate in May 2014. We both have reliable and steady FT jobs. We could definitely work on saving money, which is difficult with the wedding also, but for the most part I feel confident we've met most of our goals. Though I'd really like to get a new job before we have a baby! We'll see.

Anyways, now that I feel like a real WTT, because I have a date, I'm here to stay! Hope all is well with you!

Hi manda, welcome!

I'm so massively baby bonkers since OH said about babies needing to happen sooner rather than later, I thought I'd got myself under control with the idea of it being next year. I really want to throw my birth control in the bin and just NTNP. The *only* thing stopping me is that I have a half marathon in September and I don't think it would be sensible to run that while significantly pregnant. I'm trying VERY hard to not badger my OH about it due to everything else atm.

I'm a bit bummed at the moment because I was really wanting to pay for an independent midwife and go in for a home waterbirth using natal hypnobirthing but I was chatting to my Doctor the other day about an on going issue I have and the effect it would have in pregnancy and he said that I would automatically be considered high risk and would need consultant led care so I'm not sure if that would discount me from a homebirth :(

mandaa1220 - welcome! I'm new here, too. :)
Rachie004 - I can't even imagine how I could continue to take BC after hearing what Your OH said to You. Well, anyway - good luck, and maybe marathon can wait till next year? ;)

Teehee Pukite, that is naughty. You never know, I did say earlier 'I wonder just how fat and pregnant I could be to do the run'. I'm running it to raise money for SANDS so I wouldn't want to put it off. I think things need to settle down before I bring it up to talk about it seriously.

OH *did* nearly make me choke on my dinner because he sat there and said 'aw, we're going to have a baby soon, how exciting' but he was referring to the vegetabled we'd just planted!

*stares at my ticker some more*

September really is not that far away in the grand scheme of things ya know? Focus on the marathon for now... once you have babies, it will be more of a challenge to do something like a marathon, so think of it as a *possible* once in a lifetime opportunity. You could definitely get back into it afterwards, but it will definitely be more challenging and it's for a good cause!

I keep thinking about my wedding in that way. We've already bought my wedding dress, which was far more than I intended on paying. My mom bought it for me, but it is incredibly formfitting and there is no way I could wear it if I got pregnant. When I look back on my life, I don't think I'm going to regret waiting to get pregnant by a year really. It's just difficult now.

I think the best way not to obsess completely is to obsess about something else, like training for the marathon, getting fit, etc. It has to be something that occupies you every single day though, otherwise baby thoughts can take over your life. I've been trying to lose weight since the day after Christmas and have lost 11 pounds, but my goal is still 8 pounds away. I've been trying to focus on getting back on track and exercising daily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->