****Broody and Babbling till 2014****

Thank you for the post manda, everything you have said is very sensible! Your dress sounds gorgeous :) Well done on the weight loss, you've done fantastically well. It looks like we'll be trying at the same time if we stay with the same date.

I know that it's sensible to wait and really it isn't that far away but I still feel like all I'm doing is waiting to have babies. Ignoring the fact that we have work to be getting on with on the house, holidays to have, a wedding to fit in, our garden projects etc lol x

Hi can I join you? Me and OH are going to be trying for a baby as of beginning of 2013. We had a miscarrage in November last yr after a surprise pregnancy and after complications with pregnancy retainment and being ill, we decided to take some time out and enjoy ourselves and let my body get back to normal. We will have been together 3 years in May, have lived together over 2 of them and just in the process of buying our first house together. :) My OH finishes his studies in September this year too. :)

Thank you for the post manda, everything you have said is very sensible! Your dress sounds gorgeous :) Well done on the weight loss, you've done fantastically well. It looks like we'll be trying at the same time if we stay with the same date.

I know that it's sensible to wait and really it isn't that far away but I still feel like all I'm doing is waiting to have babies. Ignoring the fact that we have work to be getting on with on the house, holidays to have, a wedding to fit in, our garden projects etc lol x

Yes, if you guys wait it will be the same month and all! I'm pretty excited. Today is one of those days that the "wanting a baby" situation is getting to me. I try to distract myself, but it gets so tough sometimes!!

Aw, bless you. What is it about today that is making it get to you?

I've been freaking out I think because of the prospect of it being closer - not because I don't want it to be but I have so many what if questions. What if it takes us forever to get pregnant, what if we suffer losses, what if I don't know what to do with my baby, do we really want to inflict our pale skin onto a child etc lol

Aw, bless you. What is it about today that is making it get to you?

I've been freaking out I think because of the prospect of it being closer - not because I don't want it to be but I have so many what if questions. What if it takes us forever to get pregnant, what if we suffer losses, what if I don't know what to do with my baby, do we really want to inflict our pale skin onto a child etc lol

I think it is that several other people I know (not necessarily friends, just mutual friends) have had a baby or found out they were pregnant within the past week. People who aren't in the best circumstance to have a baby too... just makes me jealous. I know it will be worth the wait. Just having one of those days.

I am the queen of the "what ifs". I was just speaking to a friend about this the other day... I am so paranoid that I will not be able to conceive and will have issues with it. It worries me so much and I have no idea where this fear stems from. I almost feel like I'm desperate to start trying, just to see if I can get pregnant.

Yeah, I totally get where you're coming from. I think it's really hard to see people get pregnant because however happy you are for them there is just a teensy part of you that thinks 'why not me' but then it's even harder to see people get pregnant when their circumstances aren't great. I know there isn't ever a perfect time to have a baby but it's still super frustrating!

I almost feel like that by not trying that we're losing time almost just in case we can't conceive quickly. I think it's an irrational fear that most women have (or maybe it's just the two of us?). I think I'd like to stop BC soon and get my AMH tested just to put my mind at ease, or not at ease as the case may be!

Can you explain what AMH testing is? I'm not familiar with it. I feel exactly the same as you, so I think it's probably normalish. I came off my BC about a year ago, so me and OH use the pull out method. I bought an ovulation testing kit, because I want to make sure I'm ovulating and better track my cycles because I think I'll feel a little better. I just keep forgetting to do it, because after my AF I'm thanking god it's gone and not worrying about testing the weeks after!

AMH is Anti Mullerian Hormone and it indicates how good your ovary reserves are. You need to have at least one cycle clear of BC for it to be accurate and in the UK I believe it costs £75 to have it done as it isn't a routine test that a Dr would do unless you have cause ie you have been trying for a long time or have fertility issues. I think the higher number you come back with the better. Hope that helps xx

AMH is Anti Mullerian Hormone and it indicates how good your ovary reserves are. You need to have at least one cycle clear of BC for it to be accurate and in the UK I believe it costs £75 to have it done as it isn't a routine test that a Dr would do unless you have cause ie you have been trying for a long time or have fertility issues. I think the higher number you come back with the better. Hope that helps xx

Sooooo.... a slight update on my WTT situation. It is exactly 1 year until our TTC date on Friday :happydance:

We will also be going to look at puppies on Friday. We had talked about how once we bought our own house, we could get a dog. My recent obsessive broodiness has definitely pushed me to pursue getting a dog more quickly than I had anticipated and it kind of came from nowhere, so OH was not immediately on board. After two days of convincing, we will be going to look at puppies at a shelter this Friday and I'm very excited. I'm hoping it calms my obsessive desire to have a baby right now and I want to get a puppy, so it will grow with our family.

I'm pretty excited. I'm also pretty excited, because my OH recognized that Friday when we look at puppies, it will be one year from when we start TTC and he mentioned it without me mentioning it! :happydance:

Sooooo.... a slight update on my WTT situation. It is exactly 1 year until our TTC date on Friday :happydance:

We will also be going to look at puppies on Friday. We had talked about how once we bought our own house, we could get a dog. My recent obsessive broodiness has definitely pushed me to pursue getting a dog more quickly than I had anticipated and it kind of came from nowhere, so OH was not immediately on board. After two days of convincing, we will be going to look at puppies at a shelter this Friday and I'm very excited. I'm hoping it calms my obsessive desire to have a baby right now and I want to get a puppy, so it will grow with our family.

I'm pretty excited. I'm also pretty excited, because my OH recognized that Friday when we look at puppies, it will be one year from when we start TTC and he mentioned it without me mentioning it! :happydance:
Seems like You will have an amazing day today! Congrats, Mandaa! Can I ask why did You choose to get married on this date? :)

Some slight (but very exciting) progress on our TTC front. We were going to go away for a weekend to TTC but now we're using our before wedding honeymoon as our babymoon so we don't have to do 2 trips and I don't have to worry about being pregnant on the 2nd trip. So we are going to NZ for our babymoon. I really look forward to planning it in the following months.

I'm managing the broodiness really well lately and I think that's because it's actually getting feasibly closer, so I have more to look forward to.

Your turn is so close Angie! And with so much to look forward to, it will fly by!!! So happy for you :).

How are you Lee?

I've been a little more broody these last few days. I hear people talking about pregnancy or labor and I get soooo broody. I see a newborn on TV I get the baby itch! Some days I'm like "maybe we should just be done with our two" and DH says "no, we'll have one more". But lately.....getting pretty broody!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->