****Broody and Babbling till 2014****

Hi everyone,

Ive been lurking on here for a few months and have finally decided to post.
Im 25 (26 in feb) my OH is 27, we've been married 5 months and together 8 years.

We own our own home (which is plenty big for bambinos! :thumbup:), both have great careers and have no financial concerns at the mo. It seems ever since getting married i feel like something has just clicked inside and now im super broody and desperate to start a family!!

Im about to move roles in my career in to my dream position, so ideally i want to take 12-18 months to settle in. I'd like us to have been married a year before we start trying and OH is more than happy with the timeline I'm setting in my head! haha.

So really our plan is continue BC until march 2014, then take 5-6 months to get my cycle sorted (as ive been on BC since i was 17) then start trying around august/september 2014. Soooooo in theory i guess our wait is about 11-12 months.
Seems so far away :(

Anyhow, sorry for the ramble and Hi! :))

Hello and welcome!! We're also waiting until August next year, so I'll be waiting with you! :) We bought our first home about 2 months ago, also. :)

I'm not. Just a regular multi when I remember.
So my body decided to ovulate a week earlier than expected and we ended up dtd three days before o. I'm kinda hoping I'm not pregnant because a 21 month old would be hard to handle with a newborn and we don't have enough finances for me to pay for another homebirth and hospitals scare me.
I also wanted to lose more weight (10 lbs at least). Although I have felt physically ready for a couple months now.
I'm only 4 dpo so no symptoms to spot. Hope that's a good sign.

Oops! Hopefully, you're not pg just yet. A young toddler and a baby would definitely be hard to handle... although personally, I may be crazy enough to try it someday... Lol.

Could I please be added? Ttc # 1 again :(

I was kinda thrown back into WTT because of a miscarriage, then a month later a molar pregnancy. So we have to WTT for 6 months (closing in on only 5 months now). So that's my rotten reason to have to wait :<

(Molar Pregnancy is super rare so don't worry if you don't know what it is. The short-explanation is that the wrong amount of cromesomes multiply and no baby forms. Have to have weekly blood tests until hcg at 0, then monthly ones after that. All up can't ttc for 6 months. If levels rise it means a tumour is growing as molar preg can cause tumours to grow and require chemo.

Six months! I'm so sorry cc, I hope everything is clear very soon and the six months fly by.

I was kinda thrown back into WTT because of a miscarriage, then a month later a molar pregnancy. So we have to WTT for 6 months (closing in on only 5 months now). So that's my rotten reason to have to wait :<

(Molar Pregnancy is super rare so don't worry if you don't know what it is. The short-explanation is that the wrong amount of cromesomes multiply and no baby forms. Have to have weekly blood tests until hcg at 0, then monthly ones after that. All up can't ttc for 6 months. If levels rise it means a tumour is growing as molar preg can cause tumours to grow and require chemo.

Thats a lot to go through. Feel free to vent to us. Hopefully it resolves easily and quickly. :hugs:

Question for you all: who is already taking conception vitamins and who plans to just take them when they start TTC?
I was taken pregnacare conception vitamins from February until august but now stopped because for 1 the cost and 2 I'm not going to be TTC again until probably January the earliest, so I'm thinking just to start up with them again then.

I have taken prenatals since before TTC DS 1. Here lately though, I've just been taking B complex, vit D, and folic acid.

That's is awful, really sorry for your loss :hugs:

My plan the first time taking conception vitamins was to take them 3 months before TTC but with me not knowing how quick I will lose the weight, I might start taking some this time next month with the hope January will be when we start trying but I think I might get cheaper alternatives this time.

I just stopped taking prenatals after having my daughter. I plan on taking them again next spring and I've switched to a reg multi now.

Crayoncrittle I am sorry for your loss and I hope that you get the all clear in 5 months.

I held a new baby last week. DH held him too. We both want one pretty badly. It's obvious to both of us. I just need to concentrate on enjoying my daughter while she is little. And I'm keeping myself busy with her and my weight loss. We really need to get out of this financial funk as well so we are trying to work that out. Next summer can't come quick enough at this point.:dohh:

I hope you're all well.

Thanks springer! Hope the time flies for us! Have u got anything to keep to keep you occupied on non baby thoughts? :)

Full-time work and full-time grad school... but I still get really bad baby fever! Lol... My heart says, where there's a will, there's a way, by my heart and my head are constantly at odds!! Oh well... 10 months isn't THAT long of a wait I guess...
What do you do to stay busy, ttb?

Changing roles in my job in October, break to Brugge at Christmas, and we have some home renovations planned for early next year. I hope this will be enough to keep me occupied but I doubt it! Haha. Baby rabies are like sand and have a way of getting into every small space : /

So, it looks like buying the wrong tests was a good mistake to make....

So, it looks like buying the wrong tests was a good mistake to make....

Ooooooooh?!?

I have started training for a half marathon to keep myself busy until January. To that end, I'm supposed to go for a five mile run this afternoon. But I'm on the couch, having just eaten half my body weight in crackers. :haha:

Melly, I did a half marathon 2 weeks ago and it was one of the best experiences of my whole life! Good luck with the training, all the carbs you ate today will set you up well for a good run tomorrow ;) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->