****Broody and Babbling till 2014****

Gah. All these people having babies and posting on FB about feeling them kick and the cute baby pics. I'm going to die waiting! :wacko:

On the other hand, the other day, I was talking to OH about if we happened to get pregnant accidentally right now, how he would feel about it, and his response was "I think we'd be okay. I'd be alright with that." :happydance: Previously his responses were "Omg I would FREAK THE H*LL OUT," among other things :haha: So progress! WOOHOO!

So, it looks like buying the wrong tests was a good mistake to make....

What!? :) Please tell!

I once hoped to run a marathon as well but unfortunately a knee injury made an end to that. :cry: Enjoy your runs, ladies!

Melly, I did a half marathon 2 weeks ago and it was one of the best experiences of my whole life! Good luck with the training, all the carbs you ate today will set you up well for a good run tomorrow ;) xx

Ooooh congrats! How long did you train for? I ended up getting off the couch and doing the run - and then was flat on my back for two hours with icepacks on my legs and feet. Jumping from 'three miles easy pace' to 'five miles race pace', which is what my training plan advised, is apparently a bad idea!!

And yay for graduating!

I entered the ballot for the race in January and had my place confirmed in the first week of feb so in theory I had 8 months to train but I was quite ill for 2-3 months so I didn't run much, maybe one or two a week if I felt up to it. I really put the effort in from June through August, adding in longer runs etc.

I've always been a runner though so I had a fairly good basic level of fitness but I just needed something to give me the incentive to run further and faster. Well done for going out and running, my next big event is in another 8 months time :p Drop me a pm if you have any questions or anything :) xx

Rachie, awesome for you! Congrats!

I've never run a marathon. Maybe one day...?

I've been doing a lot of cleaning, exercising, and spending a lot of time with DH and DD. Hopefully these things will keep me busy enough until next summer when we will start TTC. I'm also thinking of going back to work part time...which DH is not happy about, and I'm going to start reading again when I have a free minute.

I hope you are all well!

Oh and our Anniversary is this week, we thinking of refinancing, and I'm thinking of painting a few rooms in the house. Keeping busy keeps my mind off of TTC!

Congratulations Rachie!!! :flower:

Melly, what kind of training plan do you follow? Jumping from 3 miles to 5 and changing your pace does seem a bit much for just one training.

Thank you girls, it means so much. I feel a bit gutted to be leaving you all though, I've had such a lovely time in the WTT community, especially in the broody and babbling thread, you've all been wonderful. I'm still going to stalk you all!

xx

I should hope you would stalk! Hahaha.

Eline, I chose one of the RunKeeper training plans, beginner to half-marathon finish in 16 weeks. But I agree that running the longer distances at the faster paces is a bit much. I was recommended Hal Higdon's training plan so I'll switch to that one instead.

I wouldn't worry about sticking rigidly to the training plans Melly, I know my body (mainly my knees) aren't up to running more than 3 times a week so don't be afraid to take rest days if you feel like it or cross train instead. High intensity intervals were a great way to get my fitness levels up too.

So excited for you xx

Would you plz add me ? We will be TTC # 1 in January 2014 hopefully if DH doesn't change his mind again. I am 30 and DH will be 35 this month. We got married in February 2010. Initial plan was to TTC after 2years of wedding. Somehow it is getting delayed. Its better late than never. That's the way I am giving assurance to myself. In the meantime I can go ahead with my dental issues (wisdom tooth extraction and cavity filling ). Just want to enjoy Christmas and Thanksgiving and then start TTC. I want to wait with you all. Hopefully time will fly soon and we all have our babies.

Welcome! Yes, I'm counting on Thanksgiving and Christmas to help the time fly too. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->