****Broody and Babbling till 2014****

I'm really excited for everyone about all of the pre-conception visits that are being booked, it makes it seem so much more real :) xx

Yes, it's very exciting! I have an appointment booked with my new GP in just over a week, since we just moved I wanted to meet her and give her my medical records etc. I might start asking her some pre-TTC questions!

I go on Thursday to discuss whether or not I want to do any type of birth control. I think I'm going to pass on it and take other precautions until we are ready to ttc. Birth control really screwed me last time I tried to ttc and if we have a year or less until we try I think I'd rather stay off it.

Yeah, if you have a bad reaction to hormonal birth control and you know you're TTC soon, I would stay off it too. Condoms!

I go on Thursday to discuss whether or not I want to do any type of birth control. I think I'm going to pass on it and take other precautions until we are ready to ttc. Birth control really screwed me last time I tried to ttc and if we have a year or less until we try I think I'd rather stay off it.

Have you thought about charting? I think everyone should have to read Taking Charge of Your Fertility - it's a wonderful book and charting is a great way to get to know your cycles before you do TTC. I know I'll never take hormonal contraceptives ever again, horrible things! xx

do you think its a good idea to come off your pill slightly earlier to regulate period? I would like to ttc from November 2014 and don't mind getting a bfp straight away but thinking should come off pill in aug/sep but be careful???

MissN8. I am also thinking about the same thing. I have been on different pills for about 4 years and am WTT until june 2014. From my research online I have understood that it is possible to get a fertility boost right after you stop. Since my skin is so clear and I feel ok on the pill I think I will stop it right before I start TTC.

Would be interesting to hear other opinions on this subject.

From my research online I have understood that it is possible to get a fertility boost right after you stop.

This was the case I think with me as I started TTC straight away after stopping the pill and was only TTC for 2 weeks before I got pregnant with my daughter.

that is interesting perhaps I should just wait but I have endo so have a funny feeling it will take me a bit longer to conceive.

I've decided to get fertility testing done before TTC (as I have PCOS). So this week I'm going to get my ovarian reserves checked, get an ultrasound on my ovaries and get another 2 hr GTT to see how my insulin is going, plus DF is getting a SA. Wish us luck. I'm very nervous but excited to get answers.

I've decided to get fertility testing done before TTC (as I have PCOS). So this week I'm going to get my ovarian reserves checked, get an ultrasound on my ovaries and get another 2 hr GTT to see how my insulin is going, plus DF is getting a SA. Wish us luck. I'm very nervous but excited to get answers.

Good luck!! I hope you get good news

Good luck hope everything goes good for you and your OH!

Good luck angiepie, I hope you get some good news!

It's not very kind, but seeing the 'waiting for 2015' thread makes me a little happy, knowing that we're no longer the ones with the longest wait ahead of us.

Have you thought about charting? I think everyone should have to read Taking Charge of Your Fertility - it's a wonderful book and charting is a great way to get to know your cycles before you do TTC. I know I'll never take hormonal contraceptives ever again, horrible things! xx

I have used opks and basal body temp before getting pregnant with LO. It worked wonderfully especially when I got my cycles back down to a reasonable time frame. I would do it again if I could but BBT isn't accurate unless you wake at the same time after at least 4 hours of undisturbed sleep. That doesn't really work for me yet as DD cries at night in her sleep and it wakes me and even on nights she doesn't wake me up I find myself instinctively waking once or twice to check on her. I will gladly go back to charting once I can sleep on a normal schedule. I agree, I HATE BCP but I really didn't want to get pregnant so soon after having DD so I went on the mini pill. I think we'll just be careful until TTC and then after that I'll look into other methods. Less then a year until TTC! fx'd!

Good luck! I wish you and your OH good results!

MissN8 and Tove- For some women they can come right off the pill or any other BC and immediately get pregnant (I mean, some women even get PG while on BC, so clearly we are all different.) This was not the case in my situation. When I stopped using the pill I had my initial bleed and then I had cycles ranging from normal to as long as 70 days afterward. My body was in a state of confusion and I had trouble ovulating. It took 9 months for me to get my cycles back to normal and I fell pregnant on my second regular cycle. I was not diagnosed with PCOS but that is a diagnosis my doctor waits a long time to make before he has exhausted everything else. My ovaries did have some small cysts. I had many of the symptoms but my doctor told me to just keep trying and he'll do more testing after we had been trying over a year because he thought I would be able to get pregnant without intervention and he was right. So your body may go right back to normal or it might take a little while. I can't say which it will be for you but I will always give myself time to regulate before TTC because I just don't trust my body to know what to do.

Good luck with the fertility testing angiepie :)

Imsotired, I hope you find a solution that works for you. I had considered the implications of a little person waking during the night - I had just presumed that I would go back to charting. OH will just have to tie a knot in it because there is no way I'm going back on the pill :p

Results came back from d&e and everything was normal! Phew!

TMI! I did pass a lot of big clots over the weekend, so I had to go back in to make sure they got everything out. From what they saw, they did, but I have to go back on Methergine (medicine that makes you have contractions) and another medicine to thin my uterine lining. It'll also help get my periods back on track.

But, it was nothing that they thought it could've been! My levels are lowering so we may be able to TTC sooner than later! Just trying to keep calm and be positive :)

Rachie I really hope I can get back to charting eventually because, I agree, BC sucks and it messed me up big time. I think I'm going to pass on BC until after we are finished having kids (MAYBE go on the mini pill for a short time again after the next one, but no full hormone). What I'm really hoping is that either DH or I will get tied/snipped after we complete our family. Until then, condoms it is.

LeahLou glad to hear that everything went well. Great job staying positive. I hope you are able to resume TTC as soon as you are ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->