****Broody and Babbling till 2014****

AF is here! Unexpectedly early! Only a 28 day cycle which is nice for me as I have pcos. Last one til TTC!!

Woohoo!!! I am so excited. So my husband and I live in different cities because I am finishing up veterinary school and he had to move for work. We currently live 13 hours apart and I graduate in May 2015 so, we have to live apart until then.

But during our last year we get to take one month and do an externship anywhere we want and I will be doing mine so that I can live with my husband. I just found out that it will start Oct 20 and so we will be able to ttc while I'm there!!!!!!!

It's our best shot at success so I'm really excited that it's after our ttc date. I've been paying attention since he moved in August and we haven't :sex: while I was ovulating at all since then (we're not ttc, I just wanted to know how often that happened). I think that ttc while living apart is going to be very difficult because we can't really time his visits very well. But this will give as at least one month where I know we will have a chance to try :)

Thats perfect :happydance:!!

AF is here! Unexpectedly early! Only a 28 day cycle which is nice for me as I have pcos. Last one til TTC!!

Did you do anything different Angi? My cycles are usually 35 days and the last few have been 38-44 :wacko:. Would LOVE to figure out if I can shorten my cycles some how.

Not that I'm aware of!! Lots of people recommend vitex. I'd consider seeing a naturopath or herbalist as they'll know all the weird TTC remedies.

Ladies, it's Friday!! At last. And payday for me which is always a bonus. Hope you all have a great weekend :) x

I used to use angus castus(vitex) which shortened my cycle luvmyfam. Going to start it again in ny as it takes 3 mths to get in your system.

I actually just started taking vitex this cycle. I took it for one day because I was on CD 43 and AF came the next day! So I stopped while AF was here and Just started back on it yesterday... so we'll see! Ive heard from some people that you're not supposed to take it during AF, is that how you took it 30mummy?

Happy Friday Lee! Its 6:30 am here. After I go home (at work right now) and sleep a bit we are taking the boys to go get a Christmas Tree. They are so excited!!

I actually took it the whole cycle firstly because I wanted to increase my lp but shorten my cycle so I thought would It still work for increasing lp if I stopped at ov' and secondly one of my friends on here did the same and she's now 40wks pregnant so I feel comfortable doing so, however many do stop as well.

Happy Christmas tree shopping x

We're putting our decs up this weekend too. I'm quite excited lol. May wrap some presents tonight :)

Hi there is it okay if I join in this conversation please??

Is there anyone who is thinking on ttc July or August 2014??

:hi: welcome to the thread.
I expect i'll be ttc in July, as wedding is 21st June. Late June at earliest. :) Will this be your 1st?

Yes this will be our first. Im nervous and it may take a little longer as I have PCOS and will have to make plenty of visits to my doctors. But im optimistic about the idea. July to August 2014 is just a rough idea at the moment it would be a starting point. But all depends on how things turn out, my OH as some debts to get down and we need to save a bit of money. But hopefully would be nice for a 2015 baby to arrive.. :thumbup:

Hi ladies :hi:

Thank you for all the warm welcome's :flower:

Its nice to know that im not alone with my PCOS. Everyone seems so supportive. Can I ask you ladies something??

Me and my OH have been together 14 months now and I wanted to start trying for a baby but he wasn't to sure about the idea and if he were ready or not. Also he has a few money worries. But I do keep talking about it and sometimes we disagree and have a rant at one another. So I thought if we aim to try for July 2014 and on wards to try and have a spring/summer baby In 2015. So last night I were trying to talk to him about me coming off my pill I have one month left and then going back to my doctor to get metformin again because they help regulate my af so I still get my af as I have heard its dangerous. Plus I wanted to lose weight and get my body ready for July 2014 so I can try count my cycle lengths a bit. Anyway he wasn't wanted to talk about it at all.. but he just rung me up and said.. you know what after your next pill we will just try naturally for 12 months. And if the baby comes the baby comes.... My question is is this a good thing or should I be a bit worried..... :shrug::huh:

No I wouldn't be worried, just blokes need to get things sorted in their heads first and sometimes need a bit of time to think. You can still try to do all the things you want to do first in the meantime and maybe just ntnp and then if it happens you know he's on board with the idea?

I wouldn't be worried. The fact that he wants to try naturally is a good thing! I know my OH didnt think that we would have trouble conceiving when we first started trying. But once we started and he saw how long it was taking and we ended up having 3 MC's he then understood that sometimes you do need medical intervention.

:hugs:

I don't think you need to worry. Most guys just don't like to talk in too much detail about things like contraception, cycles, preparing your body and so on. I you don't feel ready to start ttc right now, I'd just tell him that you don't want to rush things and how about you just start trying this summer. In the mean time you can prepare things as you like. But I don't think there's any harm in ntnp without any medication.
There are a lot of hormone irregularities that are diagnosed as PCOS and there can be a lot of difference between the women having PCOS. A friend of mine was also diagnosed with PCOS and she got pregnant on the first round. So why not give it a try ;)
(For the record: I was diagnosed with PCOS as well, after af not showing up for a year. I'm trying not to think too much about it until it's time to ttc. We'll see how things go then.)

Thank you for all the lovely replies ladies :flower:

We discussed it last night when we went out for a meal and we decided to start ttc in May 2014. In the meantime im on af at the moment, and due to start the pill again today. I don't know weather to take it and come off it in January after Christmas and the new year come in.. So after my next af forget the pill, or just forget it now.... :dohh:

I have book the next earliest appointment with my doctor and that's next Wednesday at 3pm. Im going to ask for metformin again as this brought my af naturally and more regular. And for him to check my blood pressure and BMI. I also will be wanting to start fertility vitamins as the boxes say to start them 12 weeks prior to conception. So I want to start these next week so they in my system for May and Hopefully the metformin will have kicked in by then like last time and I can count my cycle lengths roughly. Hopefully near to May time I will be able to get a blood test to see if im ovulating on metformin. Im going to try get an appointment with my Gynaecologist to start discussing options.

Hello! Popping in after a hiatus from here.
Done with a semester of grad school and still on track for TTC in August!
Hope all is well with everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->