****Broody and Babbling till 2014****

I'm very, very broody lately. I'm just trying to keep my wits about me and stop thinking about it. It's very hard. I know by the time we start TTC in July it will be on my mind all of the time. I'm hoping it goes well this time.

It seems I've forgotten a lot about ttc last time. I've been taking vitex (agnus cactus) to try and regulate my period again. I have been taking 3 pills a day for about 6 weeks and AF arrived last monday making it cd11 today. I've not been able to get back into temping as I wake at all hours of the morning between 5 and 8. I have opks and I'm going to use a few in the next week or so in hopes to see a pos and determine whether or not I'm ovulating and on what cycle day. I'm hoping the vitex will regulate me as it did last time. But how do I stop taking vitex? I plan on bumping my dose down to 1 or 2 pills after 8 weeks IF my next period is a regular cycle. I'm just hoping to have regular cycles unassisted by anything come ttc time and be as healthy as I can be for my new 'tenant'. I can't wait and I'm beginning to be nervous and obsess already. sorry I'm rambling and this is so long.

how is everyone else doing preparing for ttc?

EEEEK! Im sooo broody lately too! My friend is literally having a baby right now as I type this and my BFF is now pg with #2. But I know that now is not the time to get pregnant and that July/August will be here in no time.

I having started temping but I am not obsessing over it. I am going to start drinking Red Raspberry Leaf tea again, as I feel this really helped cleanse and prepare my uterus. I did try Vitex when TTCing DD but I think it screwed up my cycle but I cant totally be sure.

Vitex gave me lovely regular cycles last time ttc but I had terribly irregular, long, crazy cycles after I stopped the pill. I stopped the pill again this time around and had another long cycle and I'm hoping that the vitex will work for me again. It doesn't work for everyone, i suppose. And I'm not sure it does anything for people with regular cycles? Who knows!?

I have forgotten a lot about ttc though. What is the best time to use an opk? Should I do mornings and when I get a close to pos take a second in the afternoon or evening?

I used Vitex when coming off of the evil Depo shot, so it very well could've been just lingering side effects from that. After having DD I refused to take any type of BC just because it took so long for my cycles to come back after the shot and then I had a progesterone deficiency.

I usually use OPK's in the late afternoon/early evening. I seem to get better results then.

I used Vitex when coming off of the evil Depo shot, so it very well could've been just lingering side effects from that. After having DD I refused to take any type of BC just because it took so long for my cycles to come back after the shot and then I had a progesterone deficiency.

I usually use OPK's in the late afternoon/early evening. I seem to get better results then.

Thanks. I'm just trying to remember how to do everything ttc related so I am well prepared for this summer. The depo could have been why your cycles were so off. That's why I take the vitex, because birth control pills mess with my cycles and make me progesterone deficient (self diagnosed really...from what I've read about why vitex works) so the vitex helps with that. Once I start cycling normal on my own it';s a good sign that my body is back on track so I'm hoping in about 17 or so days I get AF. I wish I hadn't taken BCP after I gave birth to my daughter but I was just so confused (post birth hormones were a big deal for me) and terrified to get pregnant again so soon that I thought it was a good idea. I was sooo wrong. But this time I've started trying to remedy the problem ahead of time so I have high hopes that once we start ttc it might be a little easier.

I'm using not planning to stop vitex when we start ttc as its the only way my cycles are regular. Says you can take for 18mths..
so so broody too, so many friends have had babies recently..

I'm using not planning to stop vitex when we start ttc as its the only way my cycles are regular. Says you can take for 18mths..
so so broody too, so many friends have had babies recently..

Last time i took it all throughout ttc and stopped cold turkey when i got my bfp. Everything turned out fine but I've since heard it's best to wean off to prevent a dip in progesterone. I'm not sure if it holds any truth as it's not really a heavily studied herb. I am definitely no expert. So I plan on trying to wean myself off before ttc to avoid weaning in early pregnancy as I am a worry wart when it comes to pregnancy. If stopping it causes my cycles to go irregular again I suppose I will have no choice but to continue it.

Yes you have to make your own mind up about what to take and when :)
I didn't take it last time ttc, only for about 3/4mths last year but it did work straight away. I will start testing early when we are ttc so will stop it instantly if i get a bfp.

Yes you have to make your own mind up about what to take and when :)
I didn't take it last time ttc, only for about 3/4mths last year but it did work straight away. I will start testing early when we are ttc so will stop it instantly if i get a bfp.

Just as last time ttc there is so much information and it gets a bit confusing for me. TTC took us about 9 mos last time so I'm just hoping to get lucky this time and get a bfp straight off.

I'd be overjoyed to get one straight away but im not thinking its very likely. I think that's because i will be 34 by the time we ttc and when we tried for 1 mth last year we bd everyday over fertile period and it didn't happen :shrug: i did get v stressed about ttc though so i have to learn to relax!

I have a question about infant formula.Is it used when moms can't breast feed or choose not to? Also, can it be used when breast feeding?

As Reid has mentioned, the answer is all the above. :)

As a mom who has combi-fed (used both at the same time, for the same baby) before, you have to be careful using too much formula while breastfeeding as it can cause your supply to drop. Also beware of nipple preference. It's best to try to exclusively breastfeed for at least the first 6 weeks to prevent this. Believe me when I say you do not want to have to spend weeks or even months trying to wean your baby off of a nipple shield, it's not fun. :dohh:

This of course is just if you plan to do both at the same time, obviously it's none of my business if you plan to breastfeed or formula feed and you are welcome to do whatever you feel is best for you and your baby. I'm just offering some friendly advice for if you decide that you would like to combi-feed. Not enough women get the support that they need when it comes to their feeding options for their baby, I was certainly one of them and if you ever have any questions about how combi-feeding works you can feel free to ask me. :flower:

@30mommy I don't think it will happen right off the bat for us either but it doesn't hurt to wish it! Who knows, maybe you and I will both get lucky and get our bfp on the first try! Fx'd! It's way too early in the game for me to get down about it. And 34 is not that old.

Formula can be used for any of the cases you mentioned tverb.To give my story on the breastfeeding/ formula, my opinion is, if you would like to breastfeed it's best to start out as exclusively bf. You will likely get samples of formula in the mail and that's what I saved for my just in case breastfeeding goes awry. I only bought a three pack of cheap baby bottles for my just in case as well.
The reason I say to try exclusive first is just because it can be really difficult for some moms and babies to get the hang of it. The sooner you get the hang of it the more likely it is that you will be successful and stick with it. But I do warn- DO NOT feel guilty if it doesn't go well. Breastfeeding is difficult for some.We gave our daughter her first bottle of formula at 1 week old because she was still a bit jaundice and she was a very lazy eater at the breast so she continuously fell asleep instead of fed. She was gaining weight albeit very slowly and I was a first time mom with a BAD case of the baby blues, running on almost no sleep, crazy postpartum hormones, and very full, sore breasts. My husband decided one day after hours of her falling asleep instead of eating, and my crying over it and getting no sleep, that he would give her a bottle. She took to it surprisingly better than breastfeeding and began gaining at a more appropriate rate. I had a borrowed pump and I pumped. I also started to get some sleep and that really helped with some of the baby blues. I kept on combination feeding for about 5 months until I came to the conclusion that she really wasn't getting much from me and I stopped breastfeeding. My supply had been steadily tanking since the day we gave her the bottle. I beat myself up over it a lot. I wish I could have successfully breastfed for her whole first year but it just didn't seem in the cards for us. I hope next time around I have a little more success with it but if I don't I'll try not to be so down on myself. It just wasn't easy for us. That's my opinion on the matter.
Obviously, as it is said here all of the time, everyone is different and makes their own choices. None of them are the wrong choice if it has the baby's best interest in mind:flower:

Yes i will be staying positive imsotired, hope everyone in here gets their bfp's quickly when they start :happydance:

I EBF my DD until she was about 10 months. My supply then took a nose dive and I started supplementing with formula while she was at daycare. So, it is a nice thing to have just in case.

My friend finally had her baby at 8:20 am, she pushed for 6.5 hours!! YIKES!! I cant even imagine having to push for that long!

I wasn't very successful with bf'ing my first two, but when i get my bfp i will be getting as much information as i can and support when the baby is here to hopefully make it happen, 3rd time lucky maybe! fx
Wow, surprised she was allowed to push that long! I've heard its usually 1hour max but i got away with about 3 hours with ds1, ds2 was super quick 8mins! bless her, she must have been knackered! :hugs:

I was very surprised that they let her push for that long too! I had like the easiest labor with DD, I only had to push 2x and she was out! So maybe a total of 5-10 minutes max.

I wish I could've BF longer but we got thrush and my supply pretty much dried up when she turn 1 so, I was able to transition her to whole milk.

6.5 hrs! My goodness that poor woman must be exhausted! What a trooper though! Congrats to your friend and her family, Jax!

I believe I pushed for 20 minutes to a half hour and and they told me It was pretty fast. It was my first and only so I have nothing much to compare it to. I was, however, in labor for 25 hours before giving birth. :wacko: Is it crazy that I can't wait to do it again!? lol

Then we're all crazy! :haha: In my experience the 2nd labour is much quicker. For me it was about 14hrs for ds1 and 4 hrs for ds2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->