Brown discharge

PaulaR

Reaction score
This morning when I wiped I had a small amount of brown discharge. I didn’t have any cramping or back pain. I called the dr and she said it’s fine carry on as normal - no need to see me. Later that afternoon I also had a even smaller amount of brown discharge.
Was my dr too nonchalant or is a small amount of brown discharge really nothing to worry about

If it’s just a little and brown, it’s likely old blood and can be caused by a million things. It’s impossible to pin down but odds are it’s no threat to your pregnancy. If you continue to spot, do be seen for a reassurance scan, but for now try to breathe easy. I had bright red blood multiple times when pregnant with my son and everything was fine with baby.

Brown is old blood. Could be so many things!!! So many pregnant ladies I know had spotting a lot during first tri. Have you had sex recently? Been super active like working out? A lot of things can irritate you down there. Trust your doctor. :)

Mine doesn't wanna hear it unless it's red.

Yeah unless it's cramping and red I wouldn't worry. Lots of women spot brown or even pink through their pregnancy, part of the extra blood flow to the area. I never had any brown blood at all with my miscarriage, it was red right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->