Buddies Due Sept 09 - UK/US

Frankers - you poor thing! Talk about icing your cake by getting a cold! I realised today that I'm going to have my hayfever through this pregnancy laugh a minute!

Me and my OH actually had a row about the housework the other day! He's been excellent but our house looks like a bomb has gone off in it!! Of course with hormones etc I cried!! Ha Ha!! However right now I am beyond shattered I can't motivate myself to do a thing!

Update on my night at friends though - it was weird!! I should probably explain that I am never not without a drink in my hand on a night out! And even though these friends know and they've been beyond supportive, they obviously found it very strange that I wasn't in a party mood!! I was sociable and relaxed I just wasn't dancing in their living room. Because i'm the first of our group to have a bubba I knew it would be different I just hope they won't all get weird with me!

Frankners, I am right there with you. I caught this cold and I hate I can't take what I would normally take for it. So I will just tough it out. My laziness level is at a 6. Going to take a nap now and see if I can make that le
level drop.

Hey girls, jus a quick check in today to say hi...

Scally Im sorry to hear you had a bad experience in your last pg, and will be thinkin of you when you go for your scan, Im sure everything will be fine :)

Frankers sorry to hear you now hav a cold to contend with, and hope you feel better soon.

And as for all of you with low motivation levels.... Dear god, I hope the end is in sight, cuz Im doin my own head in with bein lazy, nevermind my family :rofl:

Take care all
:hug:

Oh, and MW 2moro eeeek.... sooo excited :D :happydance:

Hey girls...
sorry im only just posting, but hav had a busy day...
The midwife appointment went really well, i was a bit anxious as my doc had warned me she looked like shrek.... she really doesnt, which is a good job, as knowing my temperment atm I may hav laughed in her face, oops...
Ok so, she is really nice, which is a relief as when I was pg with Abbie I loathed my MW, she was horrible!
The appointment took around 40 minutes, and she jus took a load of details, family history, previous pregnancies and personal history/circumstances. She then did my height, weight, BMI, blood pressure, urine sample and took some bloods for testing.
She also gave me loads of information, most of which I generally knew, but was nice to have a refresher.
She also gave me a pack with some goodies (toothbrush, toothpaste, vitamins, nursery thermometer) and lots of leaflets. Also a folder to keep my pg notes in to keep them clean and safe.
Then she booked me in for another appointment at 16 weeks, and discussed scans etc....
Then I went on my way...
All in all, a good morning :)

Also girls, if you can keep us updated with new appointment that would be fab, as then I can keep the calender updated. I do remove appointments that have lapsed, hope you all approve of this system...

That sounds like a fantastic appointment! Congrats Marg!

Hope my MW is like that! I'm beyond frustrated that I haven't even heard from mine yet and i've got another 2 weeks till my next docs appointment.

Morning ladies!!

I have my first docs appointment this morning - yippee at last!! So hopefully everything will start moving now, I have moved doctors so this is my first visit I hope I like him!

Marge your MW appointment sounds so good - can't wait for mine :hugs:

well my cold is starting to feel like it's on it's way out but quite typically yesterday - as I was feeling really fluey- I believe my morning sickness kicked in. Threw up the lovely chicken soup my darling husband made for me for my tea and this morning has seen a couple of non-productive dashes to the loo!

I am getting quite excited about my midwife appointment tomorrow - hope it goes as well as Marg's did.

Hey girls...
sorry im only just posting, but hav had a busy day...
The midwife appointment went really well, i was a bit anxious as my doc had warned me she looked like shrek.... she really doesnt, which is a good job, as knowing my temperment atm I may hav laughed in her face, oops...
Ok so, she is really nice, which is a relief as when I was pg with Abbie I loathed my MW, she was horrible!
The appointment took around 40 minutes, and she jus took a load of details, family history, previous pregnancies and personal history/circumstances. She then did my height, weight, BMI, blood pressure, urine sample and took some bloods for testing.
She also gave me loads of information, most of which I generally knew, but was nice to have a refresher.
She also gave me a pack with some goodies (toothbrush, toothpaste, vitamins, nursery thermometer) and lots of leaflets. Also a folder to keep my pg notes in to keep them clean and safe.
Then she booked me in for another appointment at 16 weeks, and discussed scans etc....
Then I went on my way...
All in all, a good morning :)

Ooooooo exciting!!! Mine first MW appointment was for this morning but it got cancelled, so it is re-booked for Monday,cant wait, will nearly be 9 weeks then:happydance:

Hey Ladies,

Well I've had an awful time. I had some bleeding yesterday afternoon, it was minimal (about a 50p) and I had some cramps but again that was minimal and certainly not that painful, they were exactly the same as they've been for the past 8 weeks.

Anyway I went to the docs who were very good and re-assuring. He booked in an emergency scan but that could be any time over the next couple of days. I've had a tiny bit of brown blood since but that's it.

I can't tell you how scared I am, I am resting but my head is ready to explode. I really hope I get a scan sooner rather than later, I can't stand the not knowing.

Sarahhoney, I know you must be worried - i would be terrified in your position too but I'm sure it will be absolutely fine. The books say that some women bleed all through their pregnancy and that some women bleed at 4 and 8 weeks - roughly when their period is due. I'm sure the scan will help you put your mind at rest. Take care and rest easy!

Sounds like a great appt Marg. I'm glad everything went well.

Sarahoney, Take it easy and I'm sure there is nothing to worry about.

Pink-glitter, can't wait to hear about your great appointment on Monday.

Sarahhoney, keep positive and i hope all goes well for you, let us know how u get on, we all thinking of u x

Hey Ladies,

I've got a scan booked for 9am tomorrow morning x so I'll let you all know how it goes xxx

Thank you so much for your support
Love Sa x

Oh Sarah honey, ive only just read your posts, im sorry your havin a tough time atm. fingers and toes and everythings crossed for you this mornin, i'll be thinkin about you xx
But remember the powers of positive thoughts....
And, if this helps, my mum bleed ALL the way through having me, and i turned out ok, well, as well as can be expected LOL
Wishing you all the best, and please let us kno asap xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->