Buddies for bubs due November 2009 - THIS GROUP IS NOW CLOSED

Aussie Jen

Reaction score
Anyone want to chat about symptoms, ups and downs and general questions?

I'm due November 2009 and live in Australia, but happy to chat to anyone, anywhere due around the same time.

Cheers. Jen.

Hi Jen,
I'm due November 5th, it's my first pregnancy so I'm a bit nervous and hoping that all goes well. I'm in Ireland so on the other side of the world to you. How many weeks are you at the moment? I'm just over 5 weeks as you can see from my ticker. Not too many symptoms at the moment but find that I'm getting tired more easily and feel a little queasy if I don't eat for a few hours. Bbs were very tender but this has died down a bit in the last couple of days. What about you?
Polaris

hello

Im due on the 4th november.
This is my 1st pregnancy, and its so exciting. At the moment im feeling very tired all the time, and a bit sicky but havent been sick. Oh and quite emotional.
It will be nice to chat to others due around the same time.

Hi Polaris & Jennie!

Thanks for being my buddies!! :happydance:

I'm about 4.5 weeks or something - due Nov 14th. This will be my second bub, my first is 2. (I did try and sort out a ticker, but not sure why it's not coming up yet?? :hissy: LOL - EDIT: IT CAME UP!! WOOH!).

Anyway, yes I'm doing ok for now. I was REALLY tired for about 3 days in a row earlier on, before I knew (but had my suspisions). And my (.)(.) are much more tender this time, right up into my armpits. (It's hard to keep my toddler from jumping all over them!!). I've felt a bit queasy every now and then, but don't have as much notion this time round to really notice!! :rofl:

Well, will be so lovely to catch up with you both on a regular basis. Let's share anything we're comfortable with to make this time easier to cope with!!

Til next time. :hugs:

hello

Im due on the 4th november.
This is my 1st pregnancy, and its so exciting. At the moment im feeling very tired all the time, and a bit sicky but havent been sick. Oh and quite emotional.
It will be nice to chat to others due around the same time.

Hi Jennie,
Just wanted to say congratulations on your :bfp:! I see from your sig that it has been a long road, I'm so happy that it has worked out for you in the end. It's not surprising you are feeling emotional, it is such a big thing really isn't it, especially after trying for so long.

Aussie Jen, I'm sure I'll have loads of questions for you since you've been through this before with your first baby!

Looking forward to chatting to you both more.

P.

Oh, yeah! Polaris, you're right.

WELL DONE JENNIE!! :happydance:
How exciting you and your partner got your :bfp: all on your own!!

Pregnancy is a wonderful journey. Enjoy. :hugs:

Well, so far I've had sore boobs, cramps and a bit of fatigue. Either of you have symptoms?

Hey girls
I haven't had too many symptoms so far. Tender bbs, slight cramps that come and go, tiredness, and very slight queasiness if I don't eat for too long. I'm finding that I am wanting to have a mid-morning snack whereas I normally wouldn't. Yesterday I felt properly queasy when I was driving to work, I had to open the car window and turn off the heating. The smell of my own perfume was making me feel sick so at least I can change that!!
Jen, did you get morning sickness with your last pregnancy and if so when did it start? I'm hoping that I don't get it too badly as I really don't like getting sick!
Have either of you told anyone yet?
Polaris

Hello Ladies

Can I join the group?? Im due Nov 13th. this is my second, I have a 3 year old and so excited about this. so far not much going on. I have very tender bbs that just started a couple days ago and also the pain goes up into my armpits. with my first pregnancy I had severe morning sickness but it didnt start till 7 weeks so i am trying to enjoy my food these days before it gets bad.

Hi Liliana,
you are welcome to join. Ooh I hope I don't get bad ms over the next few weeks. At the moment I feel a bit queasy from time to time but very manageable. But I am only 6 weeks tomorrow so maybe I should just enjoy it while it lasts too!

I got a date for my booking appointment with the midwife for 16th April and she is going to post me out a scan date for the following week! Can't wait to have a scan date to look forward to - I think that will make it all seem a bit more real to me!

Polaris I know what you mean.. it really made everything seem so real after i saw my first scan when i was pregnant with my son. I cant wait to get the scan this time around. my appointment is april 6th seems like its a long time away.
I remember around 7 weeks I started hating tomatoes and tomato sauce and a few days later i hated everything that had to do with food. even Pepsi !! im crazy about Pepsi normally and at the time i couldnt drink anything but water.
in a weird way i cant wait till it starts so i can feel that this is all real. :baby:

Yes that does make sense to me. At the moment I do have some symptoms but I still almost feel like I'm symptom-spotting (a la 2 week wait!!). It would be nice to have a little window into my body so I could see for definite what's going on in there. I just really hope that everything goes smoothly, it's easy to scare yourself if you read too much about risks of m/c etc. So far I've only told one friend because I don't want to jinx things (or have to untell people if things don't go well). Having said that I'm trying to just enjoy not having too many symptoms though rather than wishing them on myself!! LOL.
Polaris

Heya, gals. Welcome, LilianA!

I'm just getting a bit crampy still, every now and then. And sometimes I have to hold my lower abdomen when I cough/sneeze. I remember having this with Emily, too and was really worried - but my midwife told me that some women are just more sensitive when they're growing a juicy placenta and baby! :)

Regarding morning sickness, I didn't get a lot with Em. I remember feeling a little queasy sometimes, but I only actually vomited once when I drank a BIG cup of chocolate milk really fast one morning!! :rofl: So, don't necessarily expect to be spewing - it doesn't happen to everyone. Queasy is fairly usual, though.

Wanted to let you gals know that I am also a doula and trainee midwife, so if you have any particular questions I'll do my best to help or point you in the right direction of resources that might help. :)

Well, love to all. I must take my afternoon nap while the toddler sleeps! :sleep:

Take care. :hugs:

Hi Aussie Jen,
thanks for the info about ms. I hope I'm one of those who doesn't actually get sick too much! That is so cool that you are a trainee midwife and doula, now we will definitely have you pestered with questions!!!

My parents are visiting at the weekend and I don't want to tell them yet. Firstly in case anything goes wrong and secondly because they will just worry about our financial situation and will probably not be too positive about the whole thing. Will have to think of some reason to explain why I'm not drinking as normally we would mill though a couple of bottles of wine over dinner!

hi all

Hope ur all ok.
Im fine, quite bloated and windy at the mo lol
Has anyone else got their 1st scan soon ? ive got mine on tue, im diabetic so they want me to have an early one.

Hi Jennie,
no I won't get first scan until 12 weeks. Good luck on Tuesday, it will be nice to have confirmation that everything is progressing smoothly. Hope your diabetes remains under control for the pregnancy, at least they are keeping a close eye on things.

Hi, gals.

Polaris - good luck with dinner. Try the headache excuse. Works for me! :rofl:
Jennie - all the best with the scan; can't wait to hear and update. :dance:

Chat soon. :hugs:

Hi ladies

how are you all?? my first scan will be on april 6th.. seems like a long time. Jennie I was sooo bloated for a week or so and it just ended a few days ago but now im getting cramps kinda like period cramps!! and i feel like i cant really suck in my belly that much when i get the pain! anyone else getting the pains?
IM a little worried.. I read today that pregnant woman should not eat Brie cheese because it has something that is harmfull to the unborn baby and the last couple of days i loaded up on Brie.. you think it will be ok??

Hi, Lilian.

How exciting about your first scan! :)

I've had bloating too, but still got it. Maybe it's all the bad food I've been eating for my daughter's birthday party!!

About the Brie, here's a quote I found on the Child Center website:
"Until recently, pregnant women were told to avoid soft cheese altogether during pregnancy. These days, the recommendation from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is to make sure any soft cheese you eat has a label clearly stating that it's made from pasteurized milk."
So check the label, I guess.

If you're concerned about your cramps, check with your doctor or midwife. But usually cramps are normal during this part of pregnancy. Some women get period-like cramps, some get ovulation-type cramps. In early pregnancy, you get a big dose of the hormone called Relaxin which relaxes the ligaments surrounding your uterus and pelvis. It's usually just the stretching of your ligaments due to the Relaxin that causes the cramps. I'm sure you will be fine. :)

Take care. :hugs:

Hi Liliana,
Yes I'm getting those cramps on and off. I think they must be just growing pains!!

I wouldn't worry about the Brie cheese, so far as I know the reason for not eating it is that it can be made with unpasteurized milk which means there is an increased risk of getting an infection/food poisoning which can be really harmful for baby. So unless you have got sick I don't think it has done any damage. I think it's just a precaution and 99% of the time it would be fine.

Polaris

Hi girls, can i join in?

Im so sick of this ms already, cant wait till its gone, other than that and sore boobs ive got no other symptoms yet. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->