Buddies for bubs due November 2009 - THIS GROUP IS NOW CLOSED

Ooh how exciting, very soon you will get to meet your LO! Hope you go into labour naturally today, but it sounds like an induction wouldn't be too bad as your body is definitely ready to have this baby! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Thanks for asking about Thomas, I had a very disturbed night last night, he just seemed to want to feed constantly till about 5.30 a.m., I am exhausted this morning. Also although he is normally very good at latching on, last night it was like he kind of forgot how at imes and was getting really frustrated. As was I! I think also everyone had said to me the first two weeks are the hardest, but last night was the hardest yet.

oh my!! you poor thing it sounds really exhausing.. I am sure very soon i will have nights like that too. its really frustrating when your so sleepy and tired and the baby is fully awake and sure sounds like he is going thru a growth spurt if he is nursing for that long. I hope it gets easier for you very soon. have you given him a pacifier?

I did try him with one but he wasn't interested, just kept spitting itout and crying, so i think he is hungry and not ust needing to suck.

It is exhausting but it's all part of it i suppose.

hi girl just wanted to update real quick.. I had my baby boy (Tim) thursday night at 10:06 pm weighing 7 lbs 14 oz 19.5 inches long. it was a successful vbac and a wonderful experience I am so happy:cloud9:
will post pictures in the morning

hi girl just wanted to update real quick.. I had my baby boy (Tim) thursday night at 10:06 pm weighing 7 lbs 14 oz 19.5 inches long. it was a successful vbac and a wonderful experience I am so happy:cloud9:
will post pictures in the morning

Congratulations hunni!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Can't weight to see pics. Well done on the VBAC too! How are you getting on so far?

thanks Polaris i am so inlove with this little guy its amazing but i tell you its so hard having two because when the baby sleeps i still can't sleep so i am exhausted and aching all over. but so happy i got my vbac it was an amazing experience and i had the best nurse ever.
here are a couple pictures and maybe i will put up a birth story soon with extra pics.
how is your little man doing? and how are you coping with it all. i am breastfeeding as well but i have cracked nipples and they are bleeding and its sooo painful but i want to try and get thru it, i read so many women say that it gets alot better after a few weeks so will not give up :winkwink:

[URL=https://img690.imageshack.us/i/dsc01032m.jpg/][IMG]https://img690.imageshack.us/img690/6605/dsc01032m.th.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

[URL=https://img256.imageshack.us/i/dsc01006q.jpg/][IMG]https://img256.imageshack.us/img256/3260/dsc01006q.th.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Wow he is absolutely gorgeous! You must be over the moon!

I can't imagine how hard it must be trying to look after a new baby with an older child to look after as well. I am finding that it takes up all my time just looking after the one! Well done with the breast-feeding, it is hard work but it is so satisfying when they put on weight and you know that it is all your effort that has paid off. Did you b/f with your last baby? What I am finding is that it takes up so much time because he wants to feed much more often than I would have expected, I thought it might be every three hours but actually it is more like every two hours and some evenings he just wants to eat all the time. But his weight gain is brilliant so at least I don't have to worry that he's not getting enough. He put on 13 oz last week, he's now 8 lb 2 oz! :happydance:

great job polaris!! wow 13 oz is wonderful in one week you must be so proud.. I am soooo tired and im so concerened about LO not getting enough milk from me because he just wants to nurse all day long and he doesnt seem content at all when he is done!! i get no break unless i give him some formula. if i don't give him the formula (after nursing for a couple hours) he will just keep crying everytime we put him down and when we pick him up he is looking for more food. when i give him the formula he drinks it real quick and only then we feel like he is happy and can sit with out crying for milk. I hope he is just going thru a growth spurt and is super hungry and the formula is thick and sticks for a while but i am thinking maybe my milk is too watery or something. I know i have plenty of milk.
are nights getting any better for you? i barely sleep at all at night and its catching up to me so im hoping there is light at the end of the tunnel real soon lol.

Thomas went through a couple of stages of just wanting to feed all the time, it was so stressful and you do feel like you can't satisfy them but apparently that is the way that they build up your milk supply so you start producing more milk. But it's awful when they want to feed and you know that there is barely anything left because they've only just fed.

Things have improved a lot in that regard here, he is now only feeding approximately every two and a half to three hours, instead of one and a half to two hours, and it feels a lot more manageable. The new thing though is that he has been getting very unsettled in the evening, crying for ages and nothing seems to help. I think he is just getting overtired and then he can't get to sleep and doesn't know what he wants. At least though I can hand him to OH to settle him some of the time, whereas with the feeding there's nobody else can take over.

I would say try to stick with the breast-feeding if you can, it does get easier, this week is starting to get a bit easier for us, I think if you get into a habit of giving formula then it could interfere with your milk supply - have you checked out the breast-feeding forum on here, I find it has been really useful for me as I really never realized at all what b/f would involve.

yes i was just browsing the breastfeeding forum. I truly hate to give him formula and only did it a few times to settle him down. I really want to get to the point were i am breastfeeding comfortably and feel that he is getting full and gaining weight. wednesday i will see how much he gained and that will tell me how breastfeeding is really going. im glad to hear that it gets easier very soon and i did notice my supply is increasing so maybe soon he will get on a schedule. I hope Thomas gets thru this fussy stage soon and you can get some rest and sleep, the good thing is that it just keeps getting easier and at some point will sleep the whole night thru.

I'm trying to enjoy it because as everyone keeps telling me, they don't stay babies for long. It's hard to enjoy it in the middle of the night though if he won't settle! It sounds like you are doing great with the breast-feeding, I'm sure he will have put on weight, and good news that your supply seems to be increasing.

We seem to be the only one's left on this thread, but it's still nice to keep in touch, especially since our LO's are so close in age.

yes its really nice to keep in touch, would be nice to have a breastfeeding or baby age buddy section..
I wonder what happened with Jen and mynx I hope everything went very well.

I was thinking the same, it's a shame there isn't a buddy section for those forums. Yes i wonder how everything is ging for the other two

Aww sorry girls!!! Havent checked in here for aaaaaaaaages! Well I had my gorgeous little girl, Evie Carol on Friday 20th November, weighing in at 7lb 2 oz after a 3 hour labour and no pain relief! Shoulder dystocia made it a difficult and painful delivery too so I'm very proud of myself I gotta say ;) She's an absolute joy to behold and we're both besotted with her. I cant stop looking at her or stroking her lol! We're having some breastfeeding issues right now tho (thread on that is in the BFing section) and I'm close to giving in to the formula feeds but still trying to persevere so far.

Hope everyone else is well.. Polaris, grats on Baby Thomas and LilianA, grats on Baby Timmy :D I agree about keeping in touch too, my apologies for not keeping up on here!

Take care girls and speak soon xXx

Huge congratulations on the birth of little Evie! And well done on the labour, sounds like you did a brilliant job! Have read and replied to the b/f thread.

Just thought I'd share a couple of more recent photos of my beautiful little man.

Attachments

• 2 weeks old - playing on playmat.jpg
    2 weeks old - playing on playmat.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 4 weeks old.jpg
    4 weeks old.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 2
congrats mynx on your little bundle of joy. I love her name and i saw some pictures in the birth announcment you put she is beautiful. I am also having problems breastfeeding but its gradually getting alittle easier and im starting to see light at the end of the tunnel lol.
Polaris- THomas is soo cute!! he looks like he's grown quite a bit.
Tim has been acting up lately, he wants to be held the whole time and once we put him in bed even if he is in a deep sleep he wakes right up and starts crying!! i feel like i can't do much other than feed-change-and rock him

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey! It's been a while... sorry! Don't know if any of you still hop on here, but thought I would let you all know after a 3 weeks stint in hospital with a preterm premature rupture of membranes (hindwater leak) around 35 weeks and then a full premature rupture, on 6 hourly antibiotics and then didn't go into labour until 55 hours after my waters broke. Aaaaaah. Anyway, once everything got started it was a breeze!

11:30pm had my first niggles, moved down to the birthing suite at 4am, had a beautiful normal drug-free labour and birth in water - Rachel Kate, 8lb 13oz. No stitches and breastfeeding straight away. It was niiiiice!! :D

Anyway, congrats to all of you on the arrival of your beautiful babies. They truly are precious!!

Jen. ox

Oh sorry, forgot to tell you she was born on 5th November!! LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->