Buddies for bubs due November 2009 - THIS GROUP IS NOW CLOSED

That's funny that Tuesday was a bad day for us both! I'm not so bad today either, feeling a little bit queasy at the moment but I'm going to have something to eat now and hopefully that will settle it.

Is anyone else getting spots - I thought your skin was supposed to 'glow' during pregnancy - I look more like a spotty teenager at the moment, grrrr.

Yes polaris im getting spots lol, i started getting them before my bfp, this morning i woke up and had a big one on my chin.

I can definatly relate to the tiredness, i just never seem to have any energy.

Hope everyones well

thanks everyone for all the info..aussie you put me at ease thanks. I went to the clinic today it turns out i have an ear and throat and sinus infection lol ..I've been feeling so sick the last few days and thought it was a cold but this morning i coughed up green mucus (TMI) so sorry .. so i got dressed and went and now im on antibiotics, anyway while there i asked about the disappearing symptoms and they had me do a quanitative blood test just to make sure the level is ok. the results will be in tomorrow.
Polaris thats funny about the spots it seems like im one big spot i just keep getting darker each day. WHERE IS THE GLOW!!! lol

Liliana - that's good that you got a blood test to put your mind at rest. Let us know when you get the results - i'm sure it will be good news for you.
Polaris

Hi, gals.

Yes, PIMPLES! Argh! I look like a pizza... :dohh:

Probably my worst symptom though is mood swings :muaha:!! My poor hubby... I seem to be :cry: one minute and :rofl: the next and most days there's no in between!!! :dohh:

Starting to get really sleepy too! :sleep:

Just wanted to let you know FYI that if you know your ovulation date it is more exact to get your EDD from that rather than the 1st day of your LMP. This is because everyone's cycle's are different lengths and going by the LMP method, it is presumed you have a "normal" 28 day cycle during which you ovulate on day 14 (which is actually farely rare!!). Make sure your EDD is accurate by going by your ovulation date (and tell your care provider this, too) to avoid being talked into an induction too early at the other end!

Hope I've made this clear. Anyway, ask away if I haven't.

Have a great day everyone!! :hugs:

Hi Aussie Jen,
Yes I have been going by my ovulation date for my ticker and this date 5th November is what I have in my own head. However when I tried to tell doctor that my cycles are longer so I would be about a week behind she didn't really seem to care and gave me an EDD of 29th October. I'm ignoring this and hoping that the dating scan will give a more accurate picture. However, I will certainly kick up a fuss if it comes to it to avoid being induced too early.

Mood swings... I have been meaning to ask my OH if he has noticed these yet - he generally picks up on these things before me, e.g. he always knows I am premenstrual before it has clicked with me!! To be honest I think I had more mood swings when TTC but I'm sure that it all lies ahead of me!!

Hope everyone else is in good form this morning - I'm off to the hairdressers now, we are going to a wedding today which to be honest I am hoping I will be able to stay awake for as I am normally ready for bed by about 9.30 these days!!

Good work, Polaris.

You could always work out what your LMP would have been given a 'normal cycle' going by your due date and tell your dr it's changed. :rofl:

In all seriousness though, FYI, you can do that by checking out this link:

https://www.tryingtoconceive.com/eddc.htm

Pretty spot on. :)

:hugs:

HI gals

I got the test results today and they're looking goood :happydance: my hcg was 6150 and progesterone was 24. im so happy. it feels good to know a little of whats going on in my body.
Polaris wow so your actually ahead of ur ticker that is so exciting.. I cant wait to get to the 20th week and have the big old scan and see every little part of the baby and know what I'll be having.

Great news, Lilian!! :happydance:

I knew it would be ok. So many women worry in early pregnancy; I'm sure you'll go on to grow a beautiful, healthy baby!! :hugs:

Congratulations on your test results Liliana!! That's great news, I had a feeling that everything would be OK for you.

I don't really think about it as being ahead of my ticker as I know when I O'd so there's no way that going by LMP would be accurate.

I was at a wedding last night, had a really good evening, one bad moment after the meal, ate too much and got hit by a huge wave of nausea, had to make a quick exit and actually got sick for first time. I just drank soft drinks for the evening and I think most people assumed I was on the vodka!!

Hope everyone else is well.

Hi, Polaris.

Eck. I find soft drinks actually make me sick. Well, bloated and then sick. You poor thing. Hope you feel better today. :hugs:

THanks Polaris and Aussie ... did any of you do a blood test yet ??
Polaris.. you poor thing getting sick at a wedding I guess ms is officially here..I also am getting it and soft drink make me queasy..and I've been sleeping so much I took a 3 hour nap today a few hours after i woke up.
I'm not sure how true this is but i heard that eating bananas helps alot with morning sickness. I aslo tend to feel better after drinking hot tea.
well I hope you all feel better and have a great day.

Hi Lil.

No, I didn't take a blood test. 2nd time around, those 2 little lines are enough for me!

Yes, you are tired! It's so nice that you have the chance to sleep - soak it up while you can. Unfortunately I don't get much of a chance with a busy toddler around. :hissy:

Take care gals. :hugs:

lol aussie I know what you mean, I have a 3 year old.. and if it weren't for my huband being home today i wouldnt have been able to take a nap at all.... I can only imagine how it will be with 2 little ones around..

Hi, gals.

Thought I'd post you a link to an article I wrote for women I support. It's a lovely read all about Planning Your Birth and how your choices now can determine your outcome later.

https://www.empoweredforbirth.com/planning_your_birth.htm

Hope you enjoy it. As you'll see, there are other article links on that page as well.

Take care. :hugs:

Hi everyone,

I'm feeling a lot better today after feeling really sick all day Sunday. Was dreading going to work today but it was actually fine!

Jen - excellent website, thanks for posting the link. I can see I will definitely be asking you loads of questions as the pregnancy progresses!!

Liliana - no I haven't had a blood test, I don't think they really do them here unless maybe if they think there is a problem. My doctor just did a pee test.

Lulu - congratulations on your :bfp:!

Talk to you all soon.

i am also due Nov 24

Hi lulu I am due 25th November!

How are things going for you? Would be great to share where we are at with pregnancies.

I do have soem symptoms, nausea, tiredness, sore boobs and crazy sence of smell but all are manageable. How about you?

Ladies it is great what you have been putting on here. Nice to read ahead for what is to come.:happydance:

congratulations Lulu and Spazzie on ur pregnancy..

Aussie thanks for the great website.

Polaris.. im glad your feeling better, I guess ms has its ups and downs.. whe did ms hit?? surprisingly I havent really officially got ms yet I do feel queasy every once in a while but not nearly the way I felt when i was pregnant with my son. but i do remember it kicked in at around 7 weeks so i guess I still could get it.

I cant wait to start buying some clothes..but I cant seem to find anything thats cute that would be good for both boys and girls so i guess i gotta wait till i know what im having...can't waiiiit.

Hi Liliana,
MS only really kicked in last week, before that I felt a bit queasy if I got too hungry but pretty manageable. Having said that I've only had a couple of days so far when I've felt really rotten. It goes up and down. Last Tuesday was my first bad day, and Saturday and Sunday were bad too, especially Sunday because I was just sick of it at that stage. Today I was just completely exhausted but not really feeling sick.
Hopefully you will get off lightly this time round!
Polaris

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->