Buddies for bubs due November 2009 - THIS GROUP IS NOW CLOSED

Hello everyone! Yes I am still alive and well!!

My pergnancy has been going not too bad, apart from a pretty bad UTI, followed by thrush, followed by a wisdom tooth extraction, and now an irritable uterus. :thumbup:

Bah - it could be worse I guess!

The upside is that I am totally finished my prac and now just have classes to attend for uni. Emily is doing well - I've started her in childcare one day a week and she loves it. It gives me a good break, too.

I have read all your posts but can't remember for the life of me questions I wanted to ask. Who was getting alot of BH but then they settled down when you rested?? That's likely irritable uterus, same as me. Not harmful unless you don't heed the warning signs and slow down!

As for being ready - I can't even open the door properly into the nursery. LOL. Whoops. I also haven't even started packing my hospital bag - gee all you girls that have are super organised!!

Just wanted to let you know all is well and see what you've all been up to.

Chat again soon. :hugs:

Hello ladies.. how is everyone doing? its getting really close now and we could have these babies at anytime. I don't know if you all are still coming here or not. I found this thread on the second page.. anyway I just wanted to say hi and see how you all were doing.

Jen- how are you girl? I hope you pregnancy is going well and your not too tired.

Polaris- how did the baby flipping go? I hope you were able to get the baby head down.

Mynx- hi hun, I haven't seen you around here lately I hope everything is ok and your still cooking your baby.

as for me, we moved to Houston and have 95% of the boxes emptied and in place I still need to get some stuff for baby like daipers and creams and little stuff like that so im not feeling 100% ready.
Im not too happy with the doctor i have now. compared to my previous doc.. she was so sweet and like a mother but this one is younger and straight to the point and dry but she is the only one I could find that would allow me to try for a vbac and accept me at this stage. she did say that i only have till my due date to go into labor naturally or else its c-section and I have a scan next monday to see how big baby has gotten if he's too big it also looks like c-section. oh well! at this point I feel i can't do much and i really would like the baby out either way.
well I hope to hear your news soon
take care ladies

Hey Liliana - good to hear from you.

Unfortunately the ECV was not successful so I have been booked in for a C-section next Tuesday. I can't believe that this time next week my baby will be here! Felt a bit wobbly and upset after the appointment today (when I got my date). I think it was just that everything felt like it was going out of my control and the thought of having C-section and also just feeling that I still have so much to do and worrying if everything will be ready in time. But I'm feeling a bit better again now. I can't wait to meet baby but it feels very unreal!

WOW polaris!!! how exciting! next tuesday you get to meet your bub and know if its a boy or girl.. I wish you the best of luck and look at it this way at least you won't go thru the long process of labor and maybe end up with a c-section anyway and be completely upset and run out of energy..this way you are mentally prepared and in just few minutes you meet you baby. im so excited for you. please come on here and drop us a few lines when you get a chance and tell us how it all went and maybe a pic if you can.
good luck

Thanks Liliana!

Apparently I will be in hospital for 5 days so I'm not sure when I'll get online. But I will definitely update with pics when I get the chance.

These are the gorgeous scan pics we got on Friday - you can see baby's face quite clearly - I love them!

Attachments

• SCAN038 small.jpg
    SCAN038 small.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 7
oh wow soo cute!! it looks like the baby is smiling in the first one. I bet you are getting really excited and nervous right now..I had a c-section with my first and most likely will have another one this time don't worry its not a big deal at all and you won't feel a thing. I wish you the best of luck and a great birth experience. can't wait to hear about it and about the baby :hugs:

Yes I am - the only thing is that we have been so busy trying to get the house in order that I haven't really had much time to get worried! I think that was probably a good thing. So happy now because all of the dust is gone and the house is actually starting to look civilized rather than like a building site. We have one final wall left to paint this morning, then just have to sort the baby's stuff into drawers and then we are finally ready! It's so exciting but I still can't believe that this time tomorrow morning I will be booking myself into the hospital to meet my baby! We are planning to go out for a meal tonight - our last date as a couple without children!!

Awww wow hun, hope all goes well!! Good luck and keep us posted as and when you can :) Big hugs to you and your OH! xXx

Hi Polaris.. just wanted to tell you i was thinking of you and i hope everything went perfectly as planned and you have your precious baby in your arms I bet you are over the clouds now :cloud9: ..congrats in advance hun :hugs:

Well we now have a beautiful baby boy, Thomas Joseph, born Tuesday 27th by C-section, weighing 6 lb 9 oz. He is absolutely adorable, so tiny, he is really like my OH as well, they have the exact same facial expressions at times, LOL, OH was imitating Thomas the other day and I was in stitches laughing because there is such a resemblance!

I only got home from the hospital on Friday, could have gone home on Thursday but Thomas was a little bit jaundiced and had been very drowsy, I was having to wake him and stimulate him for feeds, so I decided to stay in an extra day just for the reassurance and support of the nurses and midwives really. I am healing up well and much better able to function than I expected to me. And Thomas is doing brilliantly, although he is definitely a night-time baby at the moment so I'm not getting too much sleep. Luckily my OH has two weeks off work and my mum is here helping out too. He's getting weighed again tomorrow. It's amazing how every little thing is so exciting and how much he changes every day. Like his cord stump came off the other day and I was so thrilled! He's a week old today, I can't believe it. It's hard work but worth every second of it.

I have loads of beautiful photos but they are on the other computer but I promise that I will post some in the next couple of days! And I'll do a birth story too at some stage!

ohhh wow congrats polaris im so happy for you.. I bet he is gorgeous..can't wait to see pictures.
im glad you are feeling well and have help. I have a doctors appointment today, last week i was 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced she didn't expect me to make it to this appointment but here i am still wabbling around. I am so exhausted and can't wait to have this baby. im hoping to be further dilated and have to go to the hospital today!! that would be great.
congrats again polaris its hard work but its the best work in the world.

mynx- how are you doing hun??? where are you? I hope all is well.

Jen- we haven't heard from you in a very long time. I hope your pregnancy is going well and please drop us a line when you get time.

Ooh not long to go now! Any day now I will be logging on to hear about your new arrival! Will try and post photos later on.

A couple of photos of my beautiful boy:
The first one is me and him in the hospital when he was just one day old, the others were taken at home when he was about 4 days old. I love the one of him sucking his thumb, he was so chuffed when it ended up in his mouth, he doesn't have the co-ordination to put it in his mouth on purpose but he always has his hands up towards his mouth (as you can see in the third photo) and he was so delighted with himself when the thumb ended up in there!!

Attachments

• 020 one day old.jpg
    020 one day old.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 040 with daddy.jpg
    040 with daddy.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 043 4 days old.jpg
    043 4 days old.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 047 sucking his thumb.jpg
    047 sucking his thumb.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 7
oh my godness he is soo adorable and as perfect as can be. I bet you can't take your eyes off of him.. congrats dear and thanks for sharing the photos. and you look great by the way, you don't look like you had a baby last week!!
how are you doing with the lack of sleep??
I am now 4 cm dilated and ready to go just waiting for contractions to come on. the doc said if i make it to my due date she will try and break the water and help me out instead of doing c-section right away since my body seems so ready so i was glad to hear that.

oh my godness he is soo adorable and as perfect as can be. I bet you can't take your eyes off of him.. congrats dear and thanks for sharing the photos. and you look great by the way, you don't look like you had a baby last week!!
how are you doing with the lack of sleep??
I am now 4 cm dilated and ready to go just waiting for contractions to come on. the doc said if i make it to my due date she will try and break the water and help me out instead of doing c-section right away since my body seems so ready so i was glad to hear that.

Ooh that is exciting, it's all getting close now. Can't wait to see photos of your little one too!

Thanks for asking, I am tired but it's all worth it. He was weighed yesterday and has regained his birth-weight and put on another 5 pounds, so he's now 6 lb 14 oz! I'm so proud!

oh that is wonderful!! are you breastfeeding? i remember with my son it was so exciting to get him weighed every visit and see how much he gained and how much taller he gets. isn't it amazing how every little things makes you so happy with LO's.

Yes I am breast-feeding, it is going really well, he has latched on easily from the start really and I haven't had any problems with sore nipples or anything.

The only problem that I have is that he seems to get a lot of wind at night and won't settle back into his Moses basket after a feed. Last night I had to sleep with him curled up on my chest, which I said that I would never take my baby into bed with me because of the risk of cot death but it was the only way to get him to settle. During the day he doesn't really suffer with wind and will go down to sleep no problem, so I really don't know what that's about? It's pretty stressful so I'm hoping it's just a stage that will pass!

oh my!! you reminded me of the early days with my son .. same thing would happen and i remember how frustrating and tiring it is :nope: . did you try the infant gas drops? they help alot. I remember having to put him on my chest and try to sleep but he would sleep and i could never fall asleep like that. but its just a phase and will pass .. just keep reminding yourself of that. a few more weeks and he will start feeding and going to sleep right after and it will be alot easier.
its wonderful that you had no trouble with nipple cracks or pain that is really hard when it happens and sounds like your doing a great job :thumbup:

Thanks for your reply, it's really nice to hear that it is just a phase as it is exhausting! Having said that, last night was a bit better, no problems up until 5 a.m, he wouldn't settle after that for a few hours but at least i had got some rest. We might take a trip to the pharmacy today and find out about the gas drops as a few people have recommended them

Hi Polaris..how are you? can't believe your little one is 2 weeks already!! hope the wind problem is getting better and your getting some sleep.
I don't know if anyone is reading this thread anymore but thought i would update and say what is going on.. I have been having lots of pains and bloody shows but still standing at 4 cm dilated so if i don't go into labor in tomorrow then the doc will break my water on thursday and go right into the hospital. so one more day of being pregnant.
I will probably be in the hospital for 3 days if its vaginal and 5 days if it turns into a c-section. then will come and update with some pictures.
Jen and mynx I hope your both doing great and will update us soon on how things are going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->