Buddies for Late January/Early February Babies!

Well I haven't been sick since. Although last night I was feeling pretty nauseous!

Got my blood work done today. 8 viles and I had to fast. I was sooo hungry. She pulled the needle out, and I pulled out a granola bar from my purse. Ahah

I hate having to fast, especially when pregnant. Wait til you have to do the glucose test, blah!!

Navy I think it's sweet you and hubby named your lost baby. I think it'll help with the grieving and with remembering and honoring. I hope your body jumps back to normal quickly.

Wow you have been lucky to get to 10 weeks with no morning sickness. I think I'm sick 5 out of 7 days at the moment.. It's been like that since about 5&1/2 weeks and I'm 10 weeks tomorrow. Hoping my sickness starts to reduce ready to stop now :)

Oh man flourish I hope it does for you too!!
No more sickness for me. Must have just been from the migrane!

What's the glucose test navy?

The glucose test is given to most pregnant women to determine if they have or are at risk of gestational diabetes. You must fast but usually only about an hour or so before so not to bad, but you have to drink this really nasty glucose drink (pretty much sugar water) and then have your levels tested. If they believe you are at high risk or have it, then the real fun begins with the glucose tolerance test. You have to fast for 14 hours then drink the same drink and for 3 hours (no eating during that 3 hours so a total of 17 hours) and have your blood sugar checked ever 30-45 mins for its tolerance to the drink. Had to do that with DS because a nurse misread my levels..... was no bueno. Lol

This test is done, usually, between 24-28 weeks so you will be having the deep demon-like hunger by then and not being able to eat is going to SUCK if you have to take the tolerance test.

So they test you for diabetes by loading you up either sugar. That seems right.

Ahah. Well that just sounds like a terrible experience. I hope I don't have to do that second part!

Usually unless you have a history of diabetes or gestational diabetes you won't pop up positive, but since gestational diabetes can happen randomly, most women have to at least take the first test

To be honest the first test isn't that bad. The drink just tastes like flat sugary orange soda. I wouldn't want to have to do the second test though. I might throw up without eating for that long!

I am absolutely dreading the Glucose test as I have always had a hard time drinking really sugary drinks unless they are ice cold.

I thought my MS was gone... Then this morning I took my Synthroid which I have to take on an empty stomach and while I was going out to my truck this morning I just had to vomit, did it right on the street out in front of my house... lol thankfully when I leave most of my neighbors are still sleeping.

I've done that Hopeful, I actually that several times with DS. Once, we were eating out at a family gathering and the pizza place across the street from where we were was giving out this burnt grease sort of smell and I retched right there in front of like 15 people, was not pretty lol

haha OMG Navy!! That will be me this upcoming weekend, we have a parade and small town cabaret and ball tournament and I am certain the smell of stale booze and sweat will make me hurl a time or two.

I hope your ms starts to ease up, that's brutal!!

I've got my ultrasound booked for July 7th! A week away!
I have to try to get my shift at work covered now which is ridiculously hard to do but I couldn't switch the app. So hopefully I can!

yay amanda! That is super exciting! Can't wait to see pictures, I won't find out until tomorrow if they are keeping my July 6th appointment but I have a feeling they will push it until I am closer to 12-14 weeks...

I hope they don't push it either!!
Can't wait to see yours too :)

My sister in law is going crazy with how excited she is. I'm loving the support. She's even considering flying out to bc from Quebec to see us when our baby is here ♡

Aww that would be so special if she did that! Luckily most of our family is only an 8 hour drive away so easy for weekend trips.

My parents told my Aunties & Uncles last night so my phone has been blowing up with my cousins texting and calling :) So fun.

Ah yeah we live totally across country.

Awe that's so sweet. After we get the us I will be posting it on fb. Cannot wait!

I was able to work out my shift at work to go to the us! Yayyy.

I'm so happy I'm going back to school in september. My schedule isn't that busy and I'll only be working 2 -3 times a week at most.
I'll have more free time and more variance to my day. Then when baby arrives I'll have more time as well. It'll be so nice.

Is it too late for me to join? My due date is January 25th! I want a pregnancy buddy! Lol. I'm going crazy lately and need people to talk to :)

Welcome Michele!!

Amanda - So happy that you got your shift changed!

I have a doctors appointment this evening and really hoping they try the doppler (although Im sure they won't hear anything)

I am super nervous with more people knowing now if we do happen to miscarry I just wish we could get earlier scans in Canada - I would have to lie and say I was bleeding or something similar to that effect.

I feel like I am growing though so I am hoping everything is ok, I am ready to be finished with the First Trimester. My symptoms don't seem to be that bad lately though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->