Buddies for Late January/Early February Babies!

If you're to the point that you cannot keep anything down, lay on your right (NOT your left) and try crackers, toast or chips/crisps and ginger ale and if still nothing contact your Dr. You must not get dehydrated

Managed to keep about 200mls of water down in the end and went to bed. Have kept water down again this morning so going to try food as well now... Haven't eaten for almost 48 hours so fingers crossed...

Thanks for your advice Navy x

Oh no, flourish! There are anti-nausea meds the dr can give you also when you're unable to keep anything down. My doc told me the main one people used to take during pregnancy is now under attack by lawyers and people who claim it caused birth defects from using during pregnancy (can't remember the name but think it starts with an f maybe?) but unisom is good for anti nausea and there is another one the doctor can prescribe. So that is always an option if you are unable to eat or drink for a prolonged period. Glad you're feeling a little better though!

Amanda, wow, how rude of her! That is so weird... I hate OH's best friend, who happens to be our landlord and live underneath us so I see him all the time. When OH told him I was pregnant, his response was first, "you're not keeping it right?" And then, "you're an idiot." I was so mad at OH for telling me he said that. And now I get so angry every time they hang out because I dislike him so so much. What a prick! Some people are just shitty people.

Navy, good luck on testing today!!

That's so rude of him, Michele! I'd have hit him..... Sadly, thats basically how my MIL is, she calls my son an abomination.

Took a FRER today, I could swear I see the faintest of faint lines starting on it but I'd pretty damned sure I just have MAJOR line eye cause DH can't see anything on it :haha:

Wow. Id have gone and hit him too!!
One of Dhs friends wasn't excited for us either. Dh told him off and they don't really hang out much caused it made him that mad.
And nnavy that's a terrible thing for her to say about your son :(

Post a picture!!!

No need for a pic, I deconstructed the test and I see where the dye is supposed to be (there are indents in the test for it) and there's absolutely no color at all so a :bfn:

I'm sure the bfp is coming any day now!!
And flourish I'm glad you're slowly feeling better!

Oh wow, navy! She sounds like a total bitch! That is just so cruel. I wish I could hit that guy. Every time I see him I feel so mad. And OH stands up for him. Like "he can't help that he thinks that way. That's just how he is." Or "he didn't mean it in a bad way." Like wtf? How can you mean something like that in a good way??! I don't know if it's just my hormones or what but I have been angry a lot lately. I feel like I'm getting depressed and it sucks. I'm really happy about baby but some days I am super over critical of my relationship and wonder if it's really as good as I thought it was before I got pregnant. Now I have too many emotional days to know how i feel about things sometimes.

You will get that BFP tomorrow or the next day or the next day!

Definitely the hormones Michele! I've been there but it gets better and easier to deal with!
But the friend thing is totally rational!

I hope so :-/ we've been getting in a lot of stupid little fights lately and I freak out and start crying and yelling like instantly when if I would stay calm it wouldn't even be an issue and we'd move on to something else. But it's like I get upset instantly and have the hardest time in the world calming myself down. And things seem like a huge deal in the moment but several hours later when I think back I usually see I overreacted. It's just like so hard to stay calm :-(

Yep. I hear yah.
I told Dh how I react and when it's most likely hormones. To take me seriously, but not heavily unless I still say it's a problem later on once I've finally calmed.
That's helped us

I hope everyone had a good weekend!

Flourish I really hope you feel better soon, it was the worst when I could hardly eat anything and the nausea took a toll on me. Crackers, ice cold water & sleep worked best for me!

Amanda & Michele - I can't believe that some people talk like that, especially during pregnancy. Are you staying in that home when baby comes Michele? Amanda I am sorry your MIL didn't thank you for the photo's she really should have said something.

Navy - I would probably hit my Mom/MIL if she called my child that! Sorry for the BFN's I hope your BFP is still to come this cycle!

We had a pretty low key weekend, went out for my cousin's 30th birthday on Saturday night and I had half a lobster and steak (unfortunately I attempted it cooked at Medium Well...It is just not the same) I have felt so good after indulging in that meal as I was craving Lobster and King Crab Legs for weeks! Sunday I made a jalapeno bacon popper baked dip for DH and I, but I ate the whole thing!!!! It was so good! This week I am going to incorporate way for salad into my meals now that I finally feel like eating again.

If I saw something like "I'm feeling crazy right now and I can't help it!" It does help. Then we both kind of laugh it off. But sometimes I'm just not in the mood to laugh anything off and don't feel like I'm being crazy or irrational and I want to be stubborn instead. Ugh. It's like ultra pms X100!

Hopeful, we want to move soonish but it most likely won't be for another year or so :-/ our place is sooo tiny too. It's like a mother-in-law suite attached to the top of Jim's (the crappy landlord/OH's best friend since childhood) house. Right now Jim is looking for another house and if he buys one and moves, we will most likely rent his whole house and the part he lives in is really decent sized, even for 3 or 4 people. I would actually love that because it would mean Jim wouldn't be around anymore and I wouldn't have to see him as much and OH wouldn't spend as much time with him.

Omg that bacon stuff sounds delish. We love everything bacon in our house haha. We have blt's like once a month lately. I keep wanting to go out for steak and then I remember I can't eat a delicious medium rare one and a well done steak doesn't exactly sound delicious to me... That will be the first meal I want after I pop baby out haha. This whole pregnancy I have craved orange juice and mango orange juice and pretty much anything flavored orange, mango, or both together. Haha. I drink 1/2-1 jug of simply orange every day.

I hope that he does end up finding another place and you can rent the living area he is in now! I also eat my steak medium rare so it is just not the same.

I wish I wanted Orange Juice, sometimes I feel like I want it but then I remember the acidity doesn't agree with my stomach. I try and only drink it at home, not at work lol.

If I could eat bacon everyday I would!! I always end up making too much bacon on the weekends and add it to my nachos, or make a dip, or make a shrimp alfredo with bacon. Lol. I wish it was healthier!

Thanks, I hope so too!

Steak is just not even the same thing when it's well done :-( and oj gives me killer heartburn but almost everything I eat or drink does so tums have become a regular part of my diet. I bought a giant bottle several weeks ago and am already over half done with it!

I always wished I could like seafood because it looks so pretty and like it should be delicious but the smell has always been too much for me and I can't handle that fishy taste :-/ OH really wants me to try lobster and thinks I might like it but I'm scared!

I wish bacon was more healthy too... It is just too frickin delish. I started cutting the 1 lb packages in half and cooking them for 2 separate meals because otherwise we would end up eating a pound between the two of us in one sitting. Haha. I love making loaded mashed potatoes with bacon too. Yummmm...

Can't remember if I said this yet or not (I don't think so as I only set the appt this past Friday) but I have an appt at my first peekaboo for a gender reveal on Sunday. The earliest they'll take you is 14 week. According to my lmp I will be 13+6 on Sunday, but at my dating scan I was one day ahead of that :p so I kind of lied when setting the appt about my due date because I figure baby is really a day ahead and it should be fine and I want to know as soon as possible. Lol! I am so excited and hope the week passes quickly.

Even if they do sa they do have an idea of the gender, I wouldn't be buying things until it was confirmed at 18+. I had a friend pregnant with fraternal twins and they told her at 15 weeks via 4D that she was having two boys and they never rechecked, she gave birth to twin girls, they weren't wrong just once, but twice.

When I was pregnant with DS I had an ultrasound done at 16+5 weeks and the Dr said he was a boy while the sonographer said girl and when they rechecked at 21+1, sure enough the sonogrpaher was wrong

Any earlier than 18w is very iffy as they can show signs of either gender as their body begins to settle into the gender that was determined at conception. Combine that with the chance that a sonographer may not be very experienced and you can quite the oopsie haha

Not to make you sad or anything, just to let you known that at this early, unless they do a special DNA/Blood test, it's very likely to be incorrect.

Darnit, that is a bit disheartening but good to know... I think I will still go anyways because they do a long ultrasound and I was so excited about seeing baby again. I feel like it's an addiction! I wish I could buy my own us machine and knew how to do them to myself lol!

Hope I'm not too late to join you all in here?

I'm due early February with my first, around the 7th but will know exact date when I have my 12 week scan next week.

Olivia

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->