Buddies for Late January/Early February Babies!

Amanda, yay for heading in the direction of labor! Lol. I had my appt yesterday and my cervix was 75% effaced and she could almost for a fingertip in. I also found out from last week's test that I have that strep b thing so they'll need to put antibiotics on me when I go into the hospital to have baby. And then I've been having itchy hands and feet this week and told my doctor. I guess it can be a sign of a liver problem so I had to have my blood drawn after the appt but the results can take up to 7 days. I then looked it up when I got home and wish I hadn't because I found the issue that it could be. It's like colestasis of pregnancy or something like that. It's not harmful to the mother, but it can cause still birth so if you have it they usually induce as soon as it is safe to do so. So now I'm worrying about that even though I'm sure it'll be fine and my itching is most likely just from the swelling... But I'm glad my cervix changed because last week it was still hard and completely closed. The doctor said she could come at any time now but she could also still be late too. But obviously I'm hoping she's here sooner rather than later. We are narrowed down to the names of Emma and Charlotte with Charlie for a nickname. I really like both of them. OH has a long list he likes that I'm not really into lol. And he wants Jean for a middle name.

Hopeful, that sounds awful about your pain! I hope everything starts feeling much better next week :) my hips and upper thighs (on the outter side) get so sore when I'm in bed. But at least once I'm out of bed they start feeling better! I can't believe our due dates are almost here! These months have flown by. Holy cow...

Michele, I think Emma Jean is a GORGEOUS name!

Hopefully all the little bundles start popping out soon!!!

Thanks Michele!

I hope that your tests come back negative for the colestasis! Hopefully its just a temporary circulation issue from the pregnancy. I hope you don't have to be induced but whatever it takes to get your little bundle here safely!

Today is my last day of work! I am excited, but also super nervous about not having my normal income. On the plus side it should encourage DH and I to eat at home more instead of dining out.

I just can't wait to meet my son!

Our cervix ' are opposite Michelle. Yours effaced, mine not. But mine dilated, yours not.
The waiting game is so difficult!
I'm sure the itchy ness is just from sweeping and stretching. Try not to worry ♡
Sleeping is getting so uncomfortable now. I just can't manage to be comfy, it's quite upsetting.
I had the hospital tour, and it looked so so nice. Dh and j are looking more forward to the birthing experience now.

People are starting to ask whether we are getting him circumsized or not. His penis shouldn't really be of their concern. And I get interesting responses when I tell them that no, I'm against doing that. (I don't mean to offend anyone with my opinion. To each their own!).

Yay for your last day of work hopeful!!

Thanks, Navy! What is going on with you now? Any new news??

Hopeful, glad you can rest and take it easy now till baby is here :) I hear ya on the income thing though. That is my biggest stress lately. I have a few hundred dollars left and then we'll be living solely on oh's income. It's scary :-/ but everything will work out and we are going to be mama's and I'm sure once the babe's arrive that finances will take a backseat in our minds for awhile :)

Amanda, I'm having the same problem with sleeping. I can't wait to have my body back to myself and feel normal again! At least for a little bit until I'm pregnant again with number two haha. That would be annoying to have people asking about circumcision! Like how is that any of their business?? People are so weird and annoying!

Final test results came back normal, there literally nothing else they can test for that wouldn't have already been indicated. Now the only thing left is for DHs semen analysis to come in.

I'm 8dpo tomorrow and I can start testing even though it's early. Dare I say I'm feeling lucky?? Honestly though I'm having next to zero symptoms at all. No fatigue, no headaches, no pinching or nausea, literally nothing that I get during this part of my cycle.

I also cried the other morning.

I work on what I call my "Sticker Campaign" where I send bumper stickers to families in an organization called Unique that supports and raises awareness for children and families affected by chromosomal disorders. I never accept payment as this is a small way that I honor Sophie. when I was doing it and several members asked to pay me, I thanked them but declined as usual and not one, not two but SIX people decided to donate directly to Unique since I wouldn't accept payment. I often have very little hope for humanity, but today I have a little more.

Not long after that I received this email from non other than the CEO of Unique telling me that the letter I wrote to them about Sophie in regards to their inquiries about families affected by chromosomal disorders would be featured and published in their next magazine issue. That was a huge moment. I can't even describe it really except just absolute awe. Ever since the diagnosis I've wanted nothing more than for some recognition and acknowledgement that her condition exists since there's literally no information on it except for a list of horrible defects the condition causes and it's finally happening.

https://i.imgur.com/6H33mvP.jpg

Ah navy what a lovely thing you are doing- hopefully out there helping some families xx I'll have my fingers crossed that this is the month for you.

Wow Michelle and Amanda it sounds like you are both getting close now!

I had my little girl on 9th January, named her Lennox Lorraine Calla (then our surname). She was induced due to having stopped growing, when she was born I asked if they could see a reason for her stopping growing and it was because the placenta had started to calcify, apparently this is common in women who smoke- I don't smoke so not sure why it happened, but either was it was the right decision to get her out early. She weighs a tiny 5lbs 7oz so we have to stay in hospital for around 5 days for her to be monitored. I am so in love with her already! I'll see if I can attach a picture after this message.

She's so precious!!! Where are you from?? My son was born at 35 weeks and weighing 5lbs 3oz and we went home after 48 hours. Are they keeping her cause she's small or because they want to make sure she will grow without issues?

I'm from the UK- they said because she's under 5lbs 8oz she would have to stay in but she is also struggling with maintaining her temperature and feeding so sng chance we had of coming home early are gone. I wasn't prepared to be staying in, I thought I would be in and out on the same day- I really can't wait to get home now.

Oh goodness, well hopefully things work themselves out shortly and you all can be home by Wed at the latest

Just popping in to check on you ladies! It's been a while. Congrats on baby Lennox! She's so beautiful! And navy very happy to hear not only of people's donations, but the letter from the ceo as well. In light of everything that's happened, that must feel amazing.

Starting to get to that uncomfortable stage in pregnancy as I'm sure we all are. DD was 6 days late, but I'm really hoping that doesn't happen this time around! Good luck girls. I'll be checking back in :)

Eeek! so much has happened over the weekend!

Congrats flourish! she is absolutely perfect!

Navy congrats on having your letter featured that is great!

Amanda I am the same with the sleeping, I wake up constantly throughout the night.

I agree with the not circumcising and its mostly because dh is not, and it is unnecessary in this day and age, but that's just me. To each their own.

Nothing new here, just some backaches and a bit of discharge.
First day off from work and I was super bored at home, although today is the coldest day of the year so far at -35 so I won't be going anywhere unless I have to and hopefully I can get some cleaning done around the house.

Yay for being done work!
I started up school yesterday.
Pretty sure we're going to move back to ontario next year.
ma y options on how to go about that.
finish my school here, or do second year back there.
Dh can get school through military to switch to policing, or he can just take it back in Ontario.
And then it's a question of if I finish school here, he can do it rig ht away, or if I don't, he starts a year after, when I finish.
Ah so many options!

But atleast military will move us for completely free.
Probably back in with my parents until we get back up and going. But having a baby really makes me want to be close to family so he has a good relationship with them.

Should be interesting how this all plays out!

Dr app yesterday, no progress since last week. Urg :(
I want my babyyyyy. He's gonna be over due, I just know it :p

Lightbrite- I hope your little one doesn't go late, I am hoping mine comes in the next week or so, but I also want him to be ready. Bittersweet lol.

Amanda- those are some big changes but I totally understand you wanting to be close to family. Good luck with school, everything will fall into place.

Congrats, flourish!! Lennox is perfect! :)

Navy, that is so awesome what you are doing!

So baby Lily Jane decided to make a surprise appearance almost 2 weeks early! My water broke at 3 am yesterday. We got to the hospital at 4:30 am but I didn't end up having her till 7:35 last night. Omg she is gorgeous and we love her so much! My love for her grows by the minute <3 the labor was a nightmare and I am soooo sore, but all of that is nothing and totally worth it to bring this beautiful babe into the world! She weighed exactly 8 lbs and was 21" long. Such a little sweetheart! The breastfeeding has been going really well so far and I am so happy!! We get to bring her home tomorrow morning :-D

Hope everyone is doing well!

Those "impatient" icon thingies are supposed to be a heart with a < and a 3 lol. How weird!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe