• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Buddies Wanted: irregular cycles after coming off BCP

I wanna' join!!!!

My story is rather simple.

I stopped low-hormone bcp in December of 2011 prepping to start trying in the New Year. Had an immediate withdrawal bleed and like clockwork, had my period in January too! The AF in January was pretty light. Lasted around 4 days or so. And then BAM! NOTHING FOR 99 DAYS!!! Nothing.. nodda.. zilch. I decided in mid-April, I needed to see an ob/gyn. She put me on Prometrium and sent me on my way. They did bw and an u/s to rule out PCOS - which they did - but I found out on my u/s, that I had one mature follie at 22mm... Sadly, the follie lost the battle against my Prometrium and I never ovulated - but I did get a very very light period from the Prometrium.

And that is where I am at now - CD 26. I have been charting temps, opk-ing, and started using the CBFM. Fertility Friend and my CBFM seem to think I ov'd this cycle.. but I went into my doc and had an u/s done that day, and my largest follie was 8mm and she said that there is no fluid or anything that would lead her to believe I did ovulate. I don't think I did either frankly.

So... now I wait.. I wait for a period.. or for a positive OPK...

I am really hoping I don't have another 99 day cycle.

Good luck, and lots of :dust: for you.
Fx for a normal cycle this time around.

MrsChezek You're right it felt great!!! :happydance: I'm not sure how long my LP is though :wacko: I'm sure last cycle it was really short 5days not long enough for implantation if it was going to occur :nope:

I'm adding you to my cycle buddies! I don't know how long my LP is either but we can ride out the TWW together :happydance: Let's hope it's long but flies by quickly! FX
:dust:

I am so glad that there are a few of us in the TTW together! Anyone any symptoms? I have nothing! Don't know if that is good or bad!!

I am so glad that there are a few of us in the TTW together! Anyone any symptoms? I have nothing! Don't know if that is good or bad!!

I've had sore nipples for the last few days but I'm nearly certain it's because I've been sleeping naked and on my stomach lol

MrsChezek Yay!! Cycle buddies :hugs: I hope this month is a good month for us all :happydance:

Joey1979 I wouldn't worry u have no symptoms as my friend had no symptoms with her 1st but is now pg again n had symptoms with this one. Everyone is different too FX:happydance:

countrygirl86 that did make me smile :haha: I've had sore nipples n I'm only 1dpo so don't kno if mine is due to o

FX to us all :hugs:

Welcome Stephanie! :hi:

I'm 3DPO and my temp dropped this am which freaks me out :cry: FF still drew a crosshairs and set my cover line just below my steady temps but I'm not feeling too positive this morning. :nope:
The only other symptom I've been experiencing is constipation the last 2 days. :blush: Not sure if that's an early pg sign!!! lol But I bet it's to do with all the not drinking and holding my pee to OPK test the last week!!!!!!

We're on our 4th cycle and I am so happy to find a thread like this before I drive my husband crazy! My cycles have ranged from 21-(now counting) 26 days. Used OPK last cycle and now...getting negative HPTs but no AF. I'm months away from turning 35 and am worried. My cycle is not "usually" over 25 days - no idea what is going on now!

I wanna' join!!!!

My story is rather simple.

I stopped low-hormone bcp in December of 2011 prepping to start trying in the New Year. Had an immediate withdrawal bleed and like clockwork, had my period in January too! The AF in January was pretty light. Lasted around 4 days or so. And then BAM! NOTHING FOR 99 DAYS!!! Nothing.. nodda.. zilch. I decided in mid-April, I needed to see an ob/gyn. She put me on Prometrium and sent me on my way. They did bw and an u/s to rule out PCOS - which they did - but I found out on my u/s (which was conducted on day 6 of my 10 days of Prometrium), that I had one mature follie at 22mm... Sadly, the follie lost the battle against my Prometrium and I never ovulated - but I did get a very very light period from the Prometrium.

And that is where I am at now - CD 26. I have been charting temps, opk-ing, and started using the CBFM. Fertility Friend and my CBFM seem to think I ov'd this cycle.. but I went into my doc and had an u/s done the following day after my supposed "ovulating", and my largest follicle was 8mm. She said that there is no fluid or anything that would lead her to believe I did ovulate. I don't think I did either frankly.

So... now I wait.. I wait for a period.. or for a positive OPK...

I am really hoping I don't have another 99 day cycle.

This sounds JUST like what happened to me when I went off (minus the going to the doctor part). My first cycle was 102 days after coming off BC and it's been between 22-48 days since. Glad you were able to rule out PCOS but frustrating that there's nothing conclusive. It may still need to work out of your system?

Hi ladies I would love to join in this thread. I came off BC dec 2011 and since then my cycles have been 26,37,32 days and am currently on CD33. I am 30 and I thought it would be so easy to get pregnant, you spend your whole life trying not to! In the 2WW I am driving my OH crazy! I haven't used OPK s or temped but I am going to next cycle, BFN today so I am sure I'm out just have to wait for witch to show up x

Hi Amylou! :hi:
Welcome to our group of irregulars :winkwink:
When are you guessing AF is due for you? I never know how long my cycle will be either! Which is why I started temping so that I know when I ovulate (helps with timing of the :sex:) and have a better idea of when the :witch: will show as the LP (after ovulation) part of our cycle is pretty consistent and averages 14 days. It also gives me a better idea of when to start testing...I'm going to try to hold out until 5/28 :flower:

Hey - I haven't been temping or anything so I don't know when / if I ovulate, but I'm going to start next cycle! It looks like I must have ovulate late this month in which case we have been BDing lots at the wrong time! Do you do your temping charts through fertility friend? X

Hey - I haven't been temping or anything so I don't know when / if I ovulate, but I'm going to start next cycle! It looks like I must have ovulate late this month in which case we have been BDing lots at the wrong time! Do you do your temping charts through fertility friend? X

Yup! They had a special where if you "liked" them on facebook you can get an entire year of VIP membership for about $25. You can see if they still offer it! It's a great deal :thumbup:

This was my first month charting consistently so I don't have enough data to know too much but so far this cycle I'm on track so FX! And GL to you :hugs:

This sounds JUST like what happened to me when I went off (minus the going to the doctor part). My first cycle was 102 days after coming off BC and it's been between 22-48 days since. Glad you were able to rule out PCOS but frustrating that there's nothing conclusive. It may still need to work out of your system?

countrygirl86
I sure hope so. I am 27 and I feel like I have a 70 year old woman's body (well, internally!! Haha!)! I found out about 2 years ago that I am hypothyroid, but not in the sense of having low TSH (which is a crappy way of diagnosing thyroid issues anyhow), but I have low T3. T3, from what I understand, is essentially the gas pedal for your metabolism and balancing key hormones. I eat extremely healthy (egg whites, non-flavored oatmeal, chicken, veggies, fruit.. more chicken.. non-flavored rice cakes... did I say chicken?), in the gym about 5 days on average (lifting heavy and dabble in some cardio sessions) and my body won't shed a pound to save my life. :dohh: That said, regulating the medications to get my thyroid back on track is a lonnnnnng road and a very tricky one.

I guess maybe I should of expected this to be hard?? :shrug: Or maybe... my thyroid isn't interfering much and, like you suggested, my body is just slow to wake back up after the bcp. All I know is I would kill for a 30 - 35 day cycle right now. :hissy:

MrsChezek

Don't fret over that temp drop girly! Like you said, you are still above that coverline! Sending all the positive energy in the world to you!!

preg_pilot

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am glad to have other ladies to be able to rant to! My poor poor husband!!! Hahaha!

I'm 3DPO and my temp dropped this am which freaks me out :cry: FF still drew a crosshairs and set my cover line just below my steady temps but I'm not feeling too positive this morning. :nope:
The only other symptom I've been experiencing is constipation the last 2 days. :blush: Not sure if that's an early pg sign!!! lol But I bet it's to do with all the not drinking and holding my pee to OPK test the last week!!!!!!

How is your temp today? I hope you are feeling more positive! One of my cats keeps waking me up in the night so I hope it's not messing up my temps! I hate this waiting!!!!!!

How is everyone else getting on in the TWW??

I got a BFP this morning!!! So happy I thought I was out but I must be one of those girls who it doesn't show up on till late. I knew I was! So excited. Good luck to you all I hope mine sticks! X

Congrats Amylou12 !!!!! So pleased for you!!! How many dpo were you when you tested and did you have any symptoms?

Happy and healthy 9 months!!

I got a BFP this morning!!! So happy I thought I was out but I must be one of those girls who it doesn't show up on till late. I knew I was! So excited. Good luck to you all I hope mine sticks! X

Oh, wow! :D
Congratulations, and have a H&H 9 months :dance:

Congratulations!!!! That's fantastic news :happydance:

Send us some of your luck :winkwink:

jpiper - hello and welcome :hi:
I think your post got lost in all our chatter. Hope you get an answer soon! FX

Oh my gosh, Amylou! Congrats on your :bfp:!!!! HOW EXCITING!!!!! :happydance:
FX for a sticky bean and a H&H 9 months!

How is your temp today? I hope you are feeling more positive! One of my cats keeps waking me up in the night so I hope it's not messing up my temps! I hate this waiting!!!!!!

Hi Joey! It went back up!! I don't think I was ever this excited for a temp increase :winkwink: lol So I'm back in my happy place - thanks for asking! :flower: Darn cat! My old cat used to do that. This morning for me, at about 4:45am, the fire alarm in our bedroom decided to beep twice to let us know it's alive (or something). I must have jumped a good 4 feet in the air!!! My heart was racing. I decided to temp just in case my 6:30am temp would be way off cause of the wake up, but turns out the 6:30am was in range. Crazy huh? Why can't the world just let us sleep until it's time to temp :wacko:

As for my TWW, I'm not really having any symptoms which I hear is still good. I don't know if you already know about the following site but I've skimmed the posts and feel much better knowing many of these women were asymptomatic DPO1-7. Check it out:

https://www.twoweekwait.com/bfpsymptoms/dpo/

:hug:

Hi girls!

I have a random question.. so I'm on CD 46 and just for the fun of it I started to use OPKs (the cheapie internet ones) and now for the past 2 days Im getting very faint lines (which I know is still negative) which I didn't get when I used them before in my cycle (it was just completely BLANK, not even a hint of a line). Could it just be leftover LH in my system from not ovulating? Or could my body be gearing up to try to ovulate later.

My cycle is sooo messed up so I don't even know what to do anymore! My temps have settled down the past few weeks but I don't know what that means.

I'm going to remain hopeful... I'll probably see the doctor soon if AF doesn't show up by next week.

Ps. Congrats to Amylou on your BFP, that's great news! Wishing you a H&H 9 months!!!! :baby:

Hi Joey! It went back up!! I don't think I was ever this excited for a temp increase :winkwink: lol So I'm back in my happy place - thanks for asking! :flower: Darn cat! My old cat used to do that. This morning for me, at about 4:45am, the fire alarm in our bedroom decided to beep twice to let us know it's alive (or something). I must have jumped a good 4 feet in the air!!! My heart was racing. I decided to temp just in case my 6:30am temp would be way off cause of the wake up, but turns out the 6:30am was in range. Crazy huh? Why can't the world just let us sleep until it's time to temp :wacko:

As for my TWW, I'm not really having any symptoms which I hear is still good. I don't know if you already know about the following site but I've skimmed the posts and feel much better knowing many of these women were asymptomatic DPO1-7. Check it out:

https://www.twoweekwait.com/bfpsymptoms/dpo/

:hug:

Fx that you´re pregnant :)
:dust:

Hi girls!

I have a random question.. so I'm on CD 46 and just for the fun of it I started to use OPKs (the cheapie internet ones) and now for the past 2 days Im getting very faint lines (which I know is still negative) which I didn't get when I used them before in my cycle (it was just completely BLANK, not even a hint of a line). Could it just be leftover LH in my system from not ovulating? Or could my body be gearing up to try to ovulate later.

My cycle is sooo messed up so I don't even know what to do anymore! My temps have settled down the past few weeks but I don't know what that means.

I'm going to remain hopeful... I'll probably see the doctor soon if AF doesn't show up by next week.

Ps. Congrats to Amylou on your BFP, that's great news! Wishing you a H&H 9 months!!!! :baby:

The body is usually giving off some LH, every day of the cycle.
Some days the OPK´s catch those as faint lines...
Only when you have a +OPK you´re getting a surge, meaning that O is around the corner.
But any other time, you could be getting faint lines... Doesn´t really mean that much.

Amylou Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very happy for you and I wish you an amazing 9 month journey!!! xoxo

MrsChezek Damn that is a nice temp rise! :) Very excited to see it (it did make me smile in a day where I really could use one!).

AnnaSaRa Hey! We can be the "in limbo" ladies. Sure I might be on CD 28... but what does that mean after coming off a 99 day cycle?!?! I know, I should be more optimistic, but I tear up even physically saying the words "99 day cycle".. I am also with you on the taking the OPK's daily. I take mine at 10am and again at 7pm. I get faint lines in the morning, but have yet to see any line on my pm ones.

Joey1979 Those damn cats! I know what you mean by being woken up in the night with them! I have a Scottish Fold and she insists on dragging her toy (that has a loud bell on it) into our bedroom at night.. dropping it... and meowing at it. I don't get it! Hahaha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Morris98
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->