Buddies Wanted: irregular cycles after coming off BCP

Hi everyone,

Hope you don't mind if I join. I'm on the "TTC #1 and over 30" thread with some of you.

Just started my second cycle off BCP. I've spent most of the past decade on some sort of hormonal birth control (injections, mirena, pill) that I forgot what a normal cycle was like.

Despite a longis cycle (34 days) I'm pretty sure I O'd last cycle based on timing of EWCM and AF so hopefully I get lucky and develop a regular cycle early on.

One of the worst things about being irregular is not knowing when to test! It's hard enough trying not to POAS early.

I'm joining Joey!!!
Just got my first ever +OPK and I'm over the moon! Silly, I know - anyone watching me would think I just won the lottery but I'm so pleased to learn that I'm ovulating. I do wish my temps were representative of this all too so hopefully tomorrow I'll get my peak. Yay!!

So happy :happydance:
Excellent news!!!!!! What a great feeling to know you are ov!! We are now in the TTW together!!

Yay! Wanna be cycle buddies for this cycle??? :flower:

Stefanie - so I got another +OPK yesterday too but I thought hard about it and here is what I came up with. I got sharp O pains at around 1:30pm which is when I last peed. I then took the OPK at 4:45pm and it was +…if LH surges right before you O, then it would have been surging still all morning until 1:30 when I presumably Oed. Which means that LH was still in my system and was concentrated in my urine so when I POAS at 4:45, it still had all the LH in it. I had mild cramps still on my left side at 4:45…they ended around 8pm. So I'm going to assume I Oed yesterday regardless of the +OPK. Make sense? Did you get any other O symptoms? Or a rise in temp this AM?

Dancer - it sounds like O!!! All the signs are pointing to it…could your OPK be a bad one? I'd just keep BDing just in case!!!!!!

Hi Zeez! :hi: Glad to see you here :hugs: Yeah I think I Oed yesterday but I have no idea how long my LP is so not sure when to test either!!! I guess I'll just wait until DPO14 (if I can!!!)

Stefanie - so I got another +OPK yesterday too but I thought hard about it and here is what I came up with. I got sharp O pains at around 1:30pm which is when I last peed. I then took the OPK at 4:45pm and it was +…if LH surges right before you O, then it would have been surging still all morning until 1:30 when I presumably Oed. Which means that LH was still in my system and was concentrated in my urine so when I POAS at 4:45, it still had all the LH in it. I had mild cramps still on my left side at 4:45…they ended around 8pm. So I'm going to assume I Oed yesterday regardless of the +OPK. Make sense? Did you get any other O symptoms? Or a rise in temp this AM?

Dancer - it sounds like O!!! All the signs are pointing to it…could your OPK be a bad one? I'd just keep BDing just in case!!!!!!

Hi Zeez! :hi: Glad to see you here :hugs: Yeah I think I Oed yesterday but I have no idea how long my LP is so not sure when to test either!!! I guess I'll just wait until DPO14 (if I can!!!)

Yeah I got the clearblue opk but not had smiley face yet so not sure what's happening. Way back before I started BCP I don't recall feeling weak and hot but I suppose bodies change with age :shrug:

Hello everyone,

Sorry I haven't been on lately, things have been busy and for some reason this website stopped working, it wouldn't load but now its ok. so odd :wacko:

anyways, so happy for all of you with the +OPKs and ovulations!! yayyy!!!! hope you all caught it :) And hello to all the newcomers to this board! :hugs:

As for me I'm getting really down, im on CD 43 with no sign of AF (and I definitely didn't O therefore I'm definitely not KU) - Im just getting really worried. How long should I wait if AF doesn't show?

FX to all of you :) Hope there are some BFPs on here very soon ! :dust:

I got sharp pains yesterday too at about 10.30pm-ish over to the left a bit so i thought that maybe they were O pains but my temperature only went up the tiniest bit today, although i woke up about an hour earlier than my alarm so had to take my temp then which was annoying as i've had to do it a few times because i have been having trouble staying asleep recently so not much i could do about it :(. I really don't know whats going on with my body this cycle it makes me want to just give up charting completely.

Oh my!!!! I got a +opk!!!! I've got a pic but don't kno how to put it on here!

It's our 2nd wedding anniversary today too! :happydance:

I'm joining Joey!!!
Just got my first ever +OPK and I'm over the moon! Silly, I know - anyone watching me would think I just won the lottery but I'm so pleased to learn that I'm ovulating. I do wish my temps were representative of this all too so hopefully tomorrow I'll get my peak. Yay!!

So happy :happydance:

I got my first ever +OPK on Friday! My DH must have thought I was looney when he came home cause I was so excited about it! Happy to have a couple other gals to go through the dreaded 2ww with!

Thanks MrsChezek :)

lots of positive OPKs. This is a great sign everyone. Get to BDing so we can have just as many BFP soon.

Yay Dancer!!! Congrats! Doesn't it feel great??? I was SO excited when I got mine yesterday :headspin: Welcome to the TWW :winkwink: How long is your LP??

Hi Anna - glad you came by! I was thinking about you. Sorry to hear you are still on CD43 and no AF or O :growlmad: I'm not sure if there is a set day to wait for - if you're way past your longest cycle, I'd go see your doc and maybe they can help :hugs:

Stefanie - Some people don't spike after O, they rise gradually so an increase is a step forward. Let's see what tomorrow brings! Also, temping earlier could give you a lower temp too. So FX! I'm restless lately too. Keep waking up through the morning…it sucks :nope:

And yay for you Countrygirl! Congrats on yet another +OPK in our group :thumbup: Next step, BFPs all around!!! :happydance:

Hello ladies
Pls can you have a look at my chart as I am a bit confused!!! I got a +ve OPK on Sunday so assumed I had ov Sunday/Monday but ff is puttin ov at Saturday! On Saturday I got a slight +ve OPK with an Internet cheapie at about 11am and then a negative with a digital at 4pm. CM never really changes with me bit did seem to be a bit more watery (tmi sorry!!) on sunday. My temps earlier in the cycle were a bit off as didn't temp at the same time.

Opinions please!!!!!!!!!

Thanks x

Hi I missed this post...not sure if you got any answers. I'm totally new to FF and charting but FF only looks at your temps when placing your cross hairs. The OPK test and other signs are secondary info. If you had a positive that morning than you totally could have Oed as if there was enough LH in your system to show up. But if the digi was neg on Sat but pos on Sun then perhaps the IC was wrong. Your temps def point to a Sat O...even maybe Friday...as your temps usually dip right before you O and spike right after. It's a hard one!!!! Let me know if you got any other responses - I'm curious as to what people's interpretations are. Yay for being TWW buddies!!! :hugs:

hi there ladies! i'd love to join you all in this thread since i'm currently in an anovulatory cycle myself, my doc confirmed that at my visit today. =/ would love some company getting through this TTC business....

i'm 29 and was on the pill for 3 years, which i ended last august, since then i have had off and on cycles since then... had a regular cycle right off the pill, and then had fairly regular cycles again come jan-march and now am currently on CD51. so the doc prescribed progesterone today to kick start my cycle again {which it i did last fall after a 70 day cycle}. thinking about getting a clearblue fertility monitor to start using once AF shows back up, anyone using one?

oh and here's my chart too...
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3ab0ae/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

i have really long cycles too normally 60 days not sure if im even ovulating https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3ca334/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart doctor said to keep trying as been on the pill for 6 years no breaks... gd everyone xx

MrsChezek You're right it felt great!!! :happydance: I'm not sure how long my LP is though :wacko: I'm sure last cycle it was really short 5days not long enough for implantation if it was going to occur :nope:

hi there ladies! i'd love to join you all in this thread since i'm currently in an anovulatory cycle myself, my doc confirmed that at my visit today. =/ would love some company getting through this TTC business....

i'm 29 and was on the pill for 3 years, which i ended last august, since then i have had off and on cycles since then... had a regular cycle right off the pill, and then had fairly regular cycles again come jan-march and now am currently on CD51. so the doc prescribed progesterone today to kick start my cycle again {which it i did last fall after a 70 day cycle}. thinking about getting a clearblue fertility monitor to start using once AF shows back up, anyone using one?

oh and here's my chart too...
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3ab0ae/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

i have really long cycles too normally 60 days not sure if im even ovulating https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3ca334/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart doctor said to keep trying as been on the pill for 6 years no breaks... gd everyone xx

Theta Trojan - it looks like you ovulated on CD51 - no? Or is that the effect of the progesterone pill?

one_dip - are you temping at the same time each day? Ideally first thing in the morning before you get out of bed? If so, I'd bring your temp charts to your doc and have them check them out cause you don't seem to be ovulating. But I'm no expert!!! GL :hugs:

MrsChezek You're right it felt great!!! :happydance: I'm not sure how long my LP is though :wacko: I'm sure last cycle it was really short 5days not long enough for implantation if it was going to occur :nope:

I'm adding you to my cycle buddies! I don't know how long my LP is either but we can ride out the TWW together :happydance: Let's hope it's long but flies by quickly! FX
:dust:

I am so glad that there are a few of us in the TTW together! Anyone any symptoms? I have nothing! Don't know if that is good or bad!!

I am so glad that there are a few of us in the TTW together! Anyone any symptoms? I have nothing! Don't know if that is good or bad!!

Hey. My AF is 8 days late now, so my 2WW has turned into a 3WW.
I´ve gotten 2BFN´s, but I´m testing again in the morning.
I started out on 2DPO with almost all the symptoms in the early pregnancy book, which changed on 10-12DPO, decreasing to only a couple. Lots of CM, slightly sore boobs, killer backache, some cramping and severe sleepiness.
For the last 3 days (I´m 21DPO now) all pains have diminished a lot, only have a slight backache, slight cramping and some sleepiness. Boobs are sore every once in a while.
Hoping it´s good that my symptoms are disappearing one by one.

I've had sore nipples for the last few days but I'm nearly certain it's because I've been sleeping naked and on my stomach lol

I wanna' join!!!!

My story is rather simple.

I stopped low-hormone bcp in December of 2011 prepping to start trying in the New Year. Had an immediate withdrawal bleed and like clockwork, had my period in January too! The AF in January was pretty light. Lasted around 4 days or so. And then BAM! NOTHING FOR 99 DAYS!!! Nothing.. nodda.. zilch. I decided in mid-April, I needed to see an ob/gyn. She put me on Prometrium and sent me on my way. They did bw and an u/s to rule out PCOS - which they did - but I found out on my u/s (which was conducted on day 6 of my 10 days of Prometrium), that I had one mature follie at 22mm... Sadly, the follie lost the battle against my Prometrium and I never ovulated - but I did get a very very light period from the Prometrium.

And that is where I am at now - CD 26. I have been charting temps, opk-ing, and started using the CBFM. Fertility Friend and my CBFM seem to think I ov'd this cycle.. but I went into my doc and had an u/s done the following day after my supposed "ovulating", and my largest follicle was 8mm. She said that there is no fluid or anything that would lead her to believe I did ovulate. I don't think I did either frankly.

So... now I wait.. I wait for a period.. or for a positive OPK...

I am really hoping I don't have another 99 day cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->