Buddies wanted--Starting IVF April 2013-June 2013!

:hi: I'm wondering wether I should take vit b complex and vit d? I've only been asked if I have been taking a prenatal :shrug:

So where are you at with things at the moment???

I'm STILL waiting on af so I can get on the bcp's for a couple of weeks :dohh:

Well I heard back from the clinic that my orders for all the drugs have been written up so I just have to contact the pharmacy to get them filled. I'm just waiting for AF too and I'm supposed to let them know when day 1 is, and then they schedule a learn to inject session or something before day21 (beginning of down reg.).

The vitamin d I have tried to always take especially in the winter, but I did read somewhere on the internet that a lack of vitamin d could result in lower ivf success/infertility in general. Soo the gullible thing I am I decided if it can't hurt me might as well do it! That goes for avocado too (apparently there was a study on the amount of monounsaturated fats (?) etc that avocados are really full of "tripling" success rates of ivf in one study). I'm not saying I buy all of this, but, like acupuncture if it can't hurt I'm doing it!

Hello Ladies :wave:,

May I join? My third attempt at IVF/FET will be in May.

My story is slightly unusual in that I didn't do the entire IVF protocol. I was doing a (over)medicated IUI cycle that resulted in 9 eggs (8 mature). They wanted to cancel the cycle, but I was not going to let 9 eggs die! So, we converted to IVF. We transferred one top grade blastocyct, resulting in m/c at 7 weeks. We were able to freeze 3 :cold: 5-day blasts.

FET #1 resulting in a chemical. I'm waiting for it to resolve now. In the next few days, I'll start BCPs for FET #2, expected in early May. The RE says that the m/c's are a result of chromosomal abnormalities and we just have to keep trying to find the right embryo. We have unexplained infertility, the embies are implanting, they found nothing wrong with either of us, but age. Ugh, when will this happen? We need a :baby:!

Lucie: nice to see you here. I hope you're doing well :)

born2bamama we could be quite close in cycles then if we both get af around the same time :) but I'm not expecting my af to show up anytime soon :dohh: it so irregular it's annoying!
Do you think yours will come soon???

Avocado- hmmmm I think I might have to get one in soon :) and vit d I read that study before, if you have too much vit d does it flush itself out of your body like vit c????

first try :hi: welcome :)

I am so sorry to hear about your loss and chemical :hugs: I've had both too but not after an IVF cycle, losses are very hard :hugs:

I really hope that you get your forever baby, fx'd that this is your 3rd time lucky :hugs:

scerena, will let you know how this cycle goes. I am expecting AF to arrive this weekend! yes, so so excited for our consult so hoping the next few weeks fly by, then we are off on our trip to Spain for a week, then back for our consult! can't believe that it is April already! I hope your AF hurries herself up and comes soon!

captain, welcome!!

born2beamama-- that is really exciting that you're already to go!! when do you think AF will come?

firsttry, so sorry for your losses, but have my fingers crossed that third time will be the one for your sticky bean!

starlight I hope the next few weeks hurry for you too Hun :)
I love Spain! Have you been before? Bet you can't wait to go on a holiday, then get started with the IVF when you get back :)

:hi: First! Sorry about your chemical. When do you think you will start another FET?

I'm also waiting for AF to arrive. If all goes to plan, she should arrive sometime next week. I've got my fingers crossed that it comes as it should and my body isn't all messed up from my surgery.

I hope everyone else is doing well!

scerena - this will be our first time to Spain and we are so excited! We will be spending a week in Barcelona. Have you been before? Let me know if you have any tips :)

lucie - hope that your AF arrives when you expect it to, or stays away (if you are in tww)? :)

Thanks for the welcomes girls, I'm keeping everything crossed that we all get our BFPs very soon.

I'm on CD9 and going at DH like a dog on heat in our last chance of natural conception ahead of IVF...have to say i'm enjoying it as the pressure is somewhat off now that we have a plan B. So i'm trying to get round every room in the house. And I have quite a big house IYKWIM ;)

Assuming that the shagathon fails to provide the required results, I'll be starting my injections on CD2 of next cycle, so 10th April ish. Meds are all arriving next Wednesday in preparation and i have the injections teach-in on 8th April. i'm not sure what happens to the £1,400 payout for them if we do miraculously conceive this month, but I'm guessing that will be the least of my concerns if that happens...!

good luck everyone! x

Star, due to the methotrexate, we aren't allowed to TTC until April, so we are hoping AF shows on time! :)

Welcome captain!

:hi: First! Sorry about your chemical. When do you think you will start another FET?

I'm also waiting for AF to arrive. If all goes to plan, she should arrive sometime next week. I've got my fingers crossed that it comes as it should and my body isn't all messed up from my surgery.

I hope everyone else is doing well!

Day 1 is today! So, I will start BCPs on Weds. Approx FET date is May 2.

Lucie: I'm glad to see that you're so close to your next try. Hoping that everything goes smoothly this time :thumbup:

starlight I have been twice :) we went to the costa del sol :) food has been nice everytime :) I dot have any tips for Barcelona as I haven't been there before but I bet you will have a lovely time :)

first try so glad af came :happydance: I wish mine wold hurry up!!! Bet you can't wait to get started now :)

captain gl with your last shot naturally everything crossed for you :) having a plan B for sure helps you to relax doesn't it :)

lucie I hope that your af arrives on time :hugs:

scerena - yes we are pros! LOL

lucie - welcome hun, I just notice we have been ttc the exact same amt of time! Crazy it has been this long huh? I think about it sometimes and just cant believe it. Where has the time gone!

Firsttry - I am on my first IVF but my approx. transfer is the last week of April so we are cycle buddies some what!

Welcome to all the newbies!!!!

AFM - I am having my endometrial scratch done tomorrow, my dr said it might help with implantation if done during the prep cycle prior to IVF....so I do hope it doesn't hurt to much and that I get through it alright! Wish me luck!

ttc gl with your endo scratch tomorrow, I've heard that it helps :)

lucie - hope your AF arrives on time! Are you usually pretty regular?

firsttry - so exciting that af has arrived. FET around May 2 sounds so soon!!

scerena - will let you know how Barcelona is. we've heard great things! are renting an apartment there for a week and just going to soak up the city!

captain - gl on your natural cycle :)

ttcbaby - hope your endo scratch goes well tomorrow!

starlight I cannot wait to hear all about it :) I'm sure you will have a fab time :)

I'm so eager to get started :grr: I'm feeling very very impatient!!!

hey Starlight - i LOVE barcelona, have been there 4 times. I would say if you get chance and the weather is good, definitely:
- go to Parc Guell, this is a lovely park full of Gaudi sculptures and mosaics etc. nice to just sit and chill. The Blue CitySightseeing bus goes there;
- visit the beach, it is not far from the city centre you can walk there, it has nice beach bars along it playing all sorts of music and you can people watch and just pass the time (and of course catch some rays if the weather allows!)
- las ramblas the main street through the city is definitely worth walking the length of, they have everything from birds for sale, buskers, street performers, and of course lots of touristy things too. Don't buy anything it is all tat!
- in the evenings the Playa Reail (i think it is called - just of las ramblas) has nice restaurants around it and is quite lively - just watch out for pickpockets as it is popular with tourists and where tourists go, so do pickpockets
- go up to the Olympic village, they have an olympic museum up there, it is on the hill overlooking the city so you get good views (again, the Blue bus goes up there) you can also catch the cable car from there to get some fantastic views of the city across the harbour and beach and beyond
- down on the harbour (Port Vell) there is a new shopping centre development with lots of outside space and a big theatre, definitely worth a look if you fancy something a bit more commercial

Oh and of course the Sagrada Familia, although I wouldn't bother going inside as it is far more impressive from the outside.

one thing i would say is that in my experience people don't eat very late in Barca, so make sure you don't leave it too late to get a table somewhere.

I'm going back there end of May on a business trip and just trying to work out if DS and DH can join me so i can make a long weekend of it!

Have fun! x

I would like to join in. I am hoping to start my second IVF cycle this week. You can see by my signature that we were blessed last time around. Given my age I didn't want to waste too much time before diving in again. This time it will be an FET.

Thanks!

scerena - totally hear you on being impatient, I feel the same!!

captain - thank you soooo much for all those wonderful suggestions about Barcelona and so happy to hear that you love it :) I have taken note of all the spots that you noted. So so excited!! you are so lucky that you can go there for business! What is it that you do? Do you think that 9pm be a good time to have dinner or is that too early/late?

hopefulmom - welcome!! fantastic that you had success the first time around and good luck on your upcoming cycle! do you mind me asking how long you TTC'd for your #1?

Hello Ladies :wave:,

May I join? My third attempt at IVF/FET will be in May.

My story is slightly unusual in that I didn't do the entire IVF protocol. I was doing a (over)medicated IUI cycle that resulted in 9 eggs (8 mature). They wanted to cancel the cycle, but I was not going to let 9 eggs die! So, we converted to IVF. We transferred one top grade blastocyct, resulting in m/c at 7 weeks. We were able to freeze 3 :cold: 5-day blasts.

FET #1 resulting in a chemical. I'm waiting for it to resolve now. In the next few days, I'll start BCPs for FET #2, expected in early May. The RE says that the m/c's are a result of chromosomal abnormalities and we just have to keep trying to find the right embryo. We have unexplained infertility, the embies are implanting, they found nothing wrong with either of us, but age. Ugh, when will this happen? We need a :baby:!

Lucie: nice to see you here. I hope you're doing well :)

First try - I have a question regarding FETa. How many weeks of injections do you have to do beforehand. ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->