Buddies wanted--Starting IVF April 2013-June 2013!

Thank you brandy and bma! :hugs:

Whats the next plan of attack? When do you see the doctor or them again!?
I have my next scan next Monday...to look for the heartbeats...I would be 6+ then.
Am so confused with all the calculations...I don't know what day of week 5 I am....babyA measured only 5 weeks 0 days... I don't understand..but they dint seem bothered at all... But both of them had yolk sacs... Baby a was 10mm and baby b 11.4.
I read on the internet that gestational sac increases 1 mm peer day from week 4... According to that babyA should be 5w3d and b should be 5w4d..but the ultrasound tech said 5w0d and 5w2d..I don't understand... Gosh, guess I will always find something to worry about!!!

Thank you brandy and bma! :hugs:

Whats the next plan of attack? When do you see the doctor or them again!?
I have my next scan next Monday...to look for the heartbeats...I would be 6+ then.
Am so confused with all the calculations...I don't know what day of week 5 I am....babyA measured only 5 weeks 0 days... I don't understand..but they dint seem bothered at all... But both of them had yolk sacs... Baby a was 10mm and baby b 11.4.
I read on the internet that gestational sac increases 1 mm peer day from week 4... According to that babyA should be 5w3d and b should be 5w4d..but the ultrasound tech said 5w0d and 5w2d..I don't understand... Gosh, guess I will always find something to worry about!!!

No worries mine were exact same as you and I was 5w6 days. They caught up now. I saw the doc at 11w and they measured 11w2 days. Their growth spurts are random.

Beta was today and as per my suspicion it is negative. Best wishes to all of you.

Mission mommy- mine were the same. I was told to go by the FET date as to how many weeks I am. So, I did. One time one baby was a couple days behind and it worried me and she said not to worry that it was normal and the only time she would be worried is if one was 7 days behind. What they told me was now until 12 weeks they do like to see the embryo at certain sized etc but after 12 weeks it is all genetics!! And only if its something drastic should we worry! So, you are fine :)

Mrs.T- I am so so sorry :hugs: will lift you and DH up in prayer and best wishes to you. :hugs:

I received a call from the doctor today with my blood test results. Both babies look great and no none chromosome abnormalities!! They also told us that both are ……….GIRLS!!!
Were officially team PINK.. and PURPLE haha.

Thank you bma.I hope they catch up!!
Mrs t- am so so sorry:hugs:
Brandy- congratulations!!!!! Twins girls sound awesome!!!

I'm good I have another scan today but it's late in the day.. Boo!

Hey girls...

Just a quick update as I still need to go back and read what you are all up to!.... I had my glucose test on Monday and my AFP test as well. My glucose came back normal :happydance: however, my AFP came back high which means "positive" for the risk of downs syndrome or spinal bifida (however you spell that)... :cry::cry::cry: I just don't get a break and I'm heart broken right now. Tomorrow is my next ultrasound and they are recommending an Amnio but I'm not doing it. I'm just so freaking tired of all the negative news and results! I just want it all to be over with already! Now I'm even more scared of this ultrasound tomorrow. I just want my babies to be ok and healthy!

Hey girls...

Just a quick update as I still need to go back and read what you are all up to!.... I had my glucose test on Monday and my AFP test as well. My glucose came back normal :happydance: however, my AFP came back high which means "positive" for the risk of downs syndrome or spinal bifida (however you spell that)... :cry::cry::cry: I just don't get a break and I'm heart broken right now. Tomorrow is my next ultrasound and they are recommending an Amnio but I'm not doing it. I'm just so freaking tired of all the negative news and results! I just want it all to be over with already! Now I'm even more scared of this ultrasound tomorrow. I just want my babies to be ok and healthy!

August you had a blood test to determine this? The results of those tests with multiples have a very low accuracy rate. Alot of them come back as HIGH and are determined normal once they do the amnio. I understand if you choose not to do it... but it might help you put your mind at ease.

Either way I wish you the best :)

Hey girls...

August you had a blood test to determine this? The results of those tests with multiples have a very low accuracy rate. Alot of them come back as HIGH and are determined normal once they do the amnio. I understand if you choose not to do it... but it might help you put your mind at ease.

Yes, the blood test is called the AFP Screening. If it comes up high then they do a level II ultrasound and an amnio. My ultrasound is tomorrow but I'm not doing the amnio (risk of miscarriage with triplets is too high). I'm just overly emotional. Tomorrow's ultrasound was already stressful as they are checking for twin to twin transfer which in itself is a roller coster now they are adding more screening to see what if any defects they can see in the ultrasound.

The nurse did explain that I have a ruptured membrane that can be causing a higher level of protein in my blood which could make the AFP screen high. :shrug:

Hey girls...

Yes, the blood test is called the AFP Screening. If it comes up high then they do a level II ultrasound and an amnio. My ultrasound is tomorrow but I'm not doing the amnio (risk of miscarriage with triplets is too high). I'm just overly emotional. Tomorrow's ultrasound was already stressful as they are checking for twin to twin transfer which in itself is a roller coster now they are adding more screening to see what if any defects they can see in the ultrasound.

The nurse did explain that I have a ruptured membrane that can be causing a higher level of protein in my blood which could make the AFP screen high. :shrug:

Well you have alot of factors going on but the odds really are in your favor that everything is ok. I know its rough :(

Let us know how the scan goes tomorrow.

August- Am so sorry you are so stressed out with the tests and results I dont know much about the tests but praying that all comes out good in tomorrows ultrasound...! :hugs:

brandy-waiting to hear about your scan!:hugs:

August- did they take your blood for the spina bifida? They did an actual blood test for the spina bifida for me. I would ask.... Because mine came back negative not just high, low etc. And I was 16 weeks 4 days as well.

Also I have a client who with her first baby at 28 had the nuchal screening to check for downs and really to know the gender early.. Well the results of her nuchal came back as downs as a possibility. She did the amnio and it was negative!!! So, it does happen that way. I know it's easier said than done but try to remember that they get false positives . And I'm with you, I would not do the amnio and risk a miscarriage.

I'm so sorry this is happening. Please keep us all updated. And I will lift you and your babies up in prayer. :)

And I just read where you did have the blood test and now going to the ultrasound.

Mission mommy- how are you? I'm doing well and so are my little ones. Just waiting to really feel them kick and to know for sure it is them. I feel things but I'm not sure if it's them or something else :shrug:

BMA you will be a punching bag so soon how exciting!! So jealous :)

AFM- Ultrasound went very well... Both babies are measuring 12w6d HB was 161 and 162. The tech was able to get good measurements but not good facial pics of Baby A so I am just posting a pic of baby B :)

Attachments

• BABY_2 edited.jpg
    BABY_2 edited.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 4
BMA you will be a punching bag so soon how exciting!! So jealous :)

AFM- Ultrasound went very well... Both babies are measuring 12w6d HB was 161 and 162. The tech was able to get good measurements but not food facial pics of Baby A so I am just posting a pic of baby B :)

Aww.....such a cute scan pic!!!:kiss:

Just realized I typed food facial pics lol.. gotta love auto correct on my phone.

Brandy- I didn't even notice before! Funny. Great picture by the way!! I love profile pics.

August- how was your ultrasound???

AFM- felt my little boy moving aRound last night & just now too. :) I wish they'd move more!!! I absolutely love the feeling. I could sit all day with my hands on my belly feeling them. Sometimes if I think I feel them and then don't.. I'll push on my stomach,... Rarely works lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->