BUGGER!! BC Mess up!!

Summerbee

NTNP
Reaction score
Okay...

I've been happily taking my b/c since the start of this month, not noticed much different and not had any of my usual mid-month symptoms - usually I get sore boobs for about a week, but that's not happened - I figured that it was just because I hadn't taken them in a while.

Anyway, I was just looking at the pill this morning - it's TWO YEARS expired!!! BUGGER! I phoned my doctors and told them, they havent had any other reports of pill being expired... what the hell! I have been on the pill for years, but I am sure that I wouldn't have kept such an old packet. I can't be certain though. So now, I am basically back to square one, have managed to go lord knows how long without taking active b/c. Docs have reassured me that being so old the pills would be totally inactive, I was just basically taking a placebo everyday. Some reassurance when we have just decided to wait 6 months!

No idea when I ovulated, don't remember when I started my period, I didn't note it down as I was starting my pill, I can't backtrack through my pill either as I chucked them all out in a rage (don't fancy digging around in the communal bins outside!). Also no ideas about when we slept together, I am in a state I have no control over this at all. DH is acting annoyed but I know he's secretly pleased as he didn't want me back on them. I'm going to look through my posts on here to try and second guess when I ov'd... but my AF's are irregular so it's not a massive help.

The only notable thing was I had twingy pains on the lower part of my stomach at the front for about 2-5mins a few days ago, and we BD'd within an hour of that. Praying I haven't suddenly started feeling ovulation, never noticed anything like that before. Imagine making a 'V' with your hands over your vagina/groin area, and it was within the right hand corner, about an inch 1/2 from the corner...

To sum it all up = BUGGER.

On the month we decided to wait too. I can't decide whether to laugh or cry! :nope:

Hey

1st - I hope it works out how you want it to (whichever way that is ;))

2nd - Things happen for a reason - if you do get PG maybe its fate lol! Will it be a big problem if it happens now?

Good luck with everything and if you are still WTT after all this I hope everything goes smoothly with the next pack of pills!

- Dinah

Ok, take a deep breath, chill :)

First, as the post above has said, I hope this works itself out (however which way you want/need it too)

Second, you wont know for certain yet, so no point panicking about it, if it happens it happens. Like Dinah said, could be fate!
Just keep track of how you are feeling and take a blood test with your doctor :)

Hope it all works out!

Thanks guys. It wouldn't be a total disaster if I did get pregnant, my DH would be over the moon, but there are a few more things we want to do before, like saving a bit of money and paying off some debts. I guess I just feel totally unprepared. Also a total shocker with the pills, we had been trying since march/april time to get preg and it didn't happen, but at least through that I kept track of dates etc. This was meant to be a time to just chill and not worry about any of that, have a bit of fun and get prepared.. now it's like we might have been thrown off at the first month! But, if it's not happened so far then I doubt it will this month, just a bit of a rant really!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->