Bump buddy (due 27th May)

OmiOmen - That's a really hectic few weeks for you!! Why did you have to have a section first time?

Tell me about it, I feel awful DS1 is having so many changes in such a short time. On top of that we had a extra hectic week last week.

It was a number of reasons really. The major reasons was that I had pre-eclampsia and he was in breach positioning which they couldn't attempt a ECV for due to worries about the placenta due to having hypertension for so long in the pregnancy and there were a few minor things like strep-b, borderline low waters. I had a 36 weeks scan and appointment and seem on track for a VBAC now though as long at it happens naturally by the 5th.

Has everyone got there hospital bag packed? I have done it twice now and after having to stay in hospital with DS1 last week (thankfully he is fine) I used it and now have to re-pack and I just can't be bothered to do it again.

Wow omi kudos to ya I moved 2 weeks ago ridiculously stressful
Lol let alone without a 2 year old lol

I am hoping DH does most the work. :haha: I am hoping I don't go into labour the 2 days we are planning to move over though!

Tell me about it, I feel awful DS1 is having so many changes in such a short time. On top of that we had a extra hectic week last week.

It was a number of reasons really. The major reasons was that I had pre-eclampsia and he was in breach positioning which they couldn't attempt a ECV for due to worries about the placenta due to having hypertension for so long in the pregnancy and there were a few minor things like strep-b, borderline low waters. I had a 36 weeks scan and appointment and seem on track for a VBAC now though as long at it happens naturally by the 5th.

Has everyone got there hospital bag packed? I have done it twice now and after having to stay in hospital with DS1 last week (thankfully he is fine) I used it and now have to re-pack and I just can't be bothered to do it again.

Wow that must of been a lot to deal with especially being your first pregnancy. Fingers crossed for a VBAC this time.

I have packed my hospital bag apart from I have no going home clothes for me (I will do that tomorrow)

What was wrong with your son? x

It was very full on last time. By the end of the second trimester I had to have a minimum of 2 appointments a week and at each one would get sent in to hospital for more tests and had a lot of overnight stays. I am glad this one is running much smoother.

He stayed in bed too long and was getting drowsier and drowsier when I tried to get him up and then I was fully unable to wake him so called 999. When the ambulance got here his blood sugar was low and once we got him awake they got me to give him lots of sugar so by the time we got to the hospital it was too high so we had to stay in for tests. The doctors believe it was a one off thing and maybe first the result was wrong. I think because he hardly ate the night before and then slept for 15 hours it had more to do with that. He was struggling to eat for a couple of days (the day before and the day he was in hospital and then slightly on the day he came out) and they said he may have a small stone in his saliva gland in his left cheek so we have to see a consultant about that but not until the 31st of July! The poor guy is having to deal with a lot right now for a 3 year old. :nope:

I just re-packed my hospital bag but at some point all the oversized underwear I bought has gone missing. :wacko:

What size are you packing for going home in? I have gone up a couple of maternity wear sizes while pregnant and have packed my original maternity wear size t-shirts hoping they will be big enough and also a really oversized top in case it is not.

I packed the majority of my bag when I had to go in for my ecv last week just in case I had to have an emcs. Baby's bag is packed, but might need to add a few more onsies to it as I am assuming I will be in hospital for at least 4 days with the section.

Am writing a list of what I still need put in my bag in case I have to pack in a rush (make up, toiletries, chargers etc..).

Gosh, I am having a hard time keeping the house clean at the mo, let alone moving!

I really recommend adding a bottle of squash for a longer stay in hospital, double strength so it is a small bottle and does take up much room. :thumbup: Sometimes you the only cold drink you have constant access to is water and it gets quite boring to drink. It sounds silly but even hoping for a VBAC and to be home quickly squash and at 2 days of clothes were high on my to-pack list 'just in case'.

Omi - I can't imagine how you must of felt. How scary, glad he's doing well now.

Pre-pregnancy I was a 16-18 for my coming home clothes in taking my maternity clothes size 18. May throw a dress in the car incase it's hot or I have a section.

If I have to stay in a few days I'll live in my PJs.

On a seperate note I've just cleaned my oven with Mr Muscle oven cleaner and is like new! !

It was the most awful moment of my life and I can not begin to say how relived I was when the doctors said they were sure it was a one off thing.

I have PJ's if I have to stay in too. If they are more comfortable I might even where the home since they look a bit like joggers anyway. I won't be going and doing the weekly shop right after the hospital like I did last time. :haha:

Well done you! I have no energy left for nesting now. Although we are throwing the oven out in just under 2 weeks since where we are moving has a built in one.

Hello ladies well ive had a mad hectic day of pure sleep lol

Im bored of nesting now think its my body gearing up for the big day

I think ill just leave a couple of outfits out for oh to bring depends on our fab weather lol !!!

So how much have u all gained in wright then I managed to get to 30 weeks and only gained
12lb then I gained 8lb in 4 weeks after so now I refuse to get on scales lol

It was the most awful moment of my life and I can not begin to say how relived I was when the doctors said they were sure it was a one off thing.

I have PJ's if I have to stay in too. If they are more comfortable I might even where the home since they look a bit like joggers anyway. I won't be going and doing the weekly shop right after the hospital like I did last time. :haha:

Well done you! I have no energy left for nesting now. Although we are throwing the oven out in just under 2 weeks since where we are moving has a built in one.

That's a good idea my PJ bottoms look like joggers too. I will be coming straight home after discharged from hospital. Tesco home delivery all the way if needed.

My nesting has kicked in now...think it's because I don't have to save my energy for work no more.
My pet hate is cleaning the oven and windows, but we've just had all our windows changed so will keep on top of it now.

Hello ladies well ive had a mad hectic day of pure sleep lol

Im bored of nesting now think its my body gearing up for the big day

I think ill just leave a couple of outfits out for oh to bring depends on our fab weather lol !!!

So how much have u all gained in wright then I managed to get to 30 weeks and only gained
12lb then I gained 8lb in 4 weeks after so now I refuse to get on scales lol

Ahh sleep, very jelous!! What time did you get up!!

My mum and dad are moving house soon so me, OH & DS went to visit them and DH helped them fill a skip. Me, My Mum and DS took their dogs for a lesuirly walk. then came home and did abit of cleaning.

You've done really well to keep your weight gain down. I've gained 45lb!!! But I have bot been watching what I eat at all.

I never weigh myself so I have no idea how much I have gained but I know I have put on weight all over. I lost it really easy last time and hope I will again.

I am jealous of everyone who gets a nesting instinct. I just feel worn out at the moment and need to find energy to pack.

Lol I got up at 10 went to bed about 1 got up at about 3 !!! Then went nandos ") lol

I might get on the scales just one last time lol

I might take my moms dog for a long walk tomo get things moving lol
Midwife tues so she may give me a sweep I hope

I never weigh myself so I have no idea how much I have gained but I know I have put on weight all over. I lost it really easy last time and hope I will again.

I am jealous of everyone who gets a nesting instinct. I just feel worn out at the moment and need to find energy to pack.

I lost 2 stone easily last time so hopefully again but the rest may be a battle.

My nesting has happened really late this time and I have so much to do as we've had builders working here for 3 months so hope labour holds off for atleast a week!!

Lol I got up at 10 went to bed about 1 got up at about 3 !!! Then went nandos ") lol

I might get on the scales just one last time lol

I might take my moms dog for a long walk tomo get things moving lol
Midwife tues so she may give me a sweep I hope

Did you have something hot at Nandos?

My long walk did nothing - baby still in place! !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->