Bump buddy (due 27th May)

Going to take the dog for a long walk, have a tidy and catch up with a few friends for coffee. Will kind of miss being a lady of leisure!

Lol!! That's an energetic day!! Think this morning me and my little boy will play with puzzles and in the garden he had a hospital appointment at 11am (they detected a heart murmur about a month ago and just want to check it) then home so he can have a nap and I'll do abit if cooking and cleaning. I've then got to wait in for the carpet fitter so may get the play doh out and get Mickey Mouse on the tv so I can have a rest! !

Hope the appointment goes well. I keep getting told off for doing too much but as it is my first I keep thinking this is the last time I will get this time to myself and although I cannot wait to meet my son I should make the most of it while I can!

Thanks in sure it will, think it'sjust for precaution. Make sure you put your feet up aswell.
Where abouts do you live?

BABY76, I hope the appointment goes well. :flower:

I have a lot of washing I need to get through and in an ideal world would like to sort out some clothes for packing away for the move but I am lacking the energy to do much. DS1 had a good nights sleep last night after a couple of nights of waking up earlier than he should have so hopefully he will be in a good mood today.

Thanks x x
I've just put the washing machine on other than a white wash in up to date. Yippee, but I'm really behind on ironing :-(

What time generally does your LO go to bed and wake up?

I hate ironing. I tend to just iron what we are wearing in a morning. I spent ages yesterday doing it for my hospital bag, DS1's bag for if my MIL is looking after him while I am in labour and the baby bag.

We are getting a new washing machine and dryer when we move since our washer/dryer is rubbish so I feel begrudged washing some things in case they shrink. We are hoping to get on better with cloth nappies this time than we did last and I keep putting off pre-washing the newborn size. I am really hoping we get enough time to sort everything out after moving before the birth.

Well now the clocks have changed he goes to be around 8-9pm and then up around 7-7:30am which is great because in winter he goes to bed just after 6pm and then up near 5am! It took a long time for him to STTN though.

My LO goes to bed about 7.30pm and wakes at 7am. He tends to wake at the same time no matter what time he goes to bed.
It works for me as when I'm working I have to get him up for about 7.00-7.15am.
Does your little one play well by himself?

Yes lots of shops that is probably why I have far too many clothes ha! I hate ironing to tend to do it on a need basis x

Hi I am due 27th aswell, im 27 and an from staffordshire, have a little boy who's just turned 3 and expecting another little boy :) was induced with pre eclampsia last time and had lo at 37+2 so not experienced this part of preg before lol I feel ok, wondering what it's like to go in labour naturally. I'd say nesting has kicked in as I Kepler comin up with new things to sort an organise an occasionally have a bit of a panic an start sorting things with the worry it won't be ready for wen baby comes. Although I did decide to redecorate our bedroom this weekend just gone lol so in the process of that at the moment! going shopping today for last bits for me like vest tops etc and a few baby clothes/babygrows. I find the longer im pregnant the more stuff I'm buying lol will ready through some of the posts now :)

Yes lots of shops that is probably why I have far too many clothes ha! I hate ironing to tend to do it on a need basis x

We have most big shops by us but their are loads of shops closing down by us.

BABY76, I like 7am as a wake up time. It feels like morning rather than the middle of the night. He was a really bad sleeper as a baby and for the first year I got 45 minutes to 3 hours broken up sleep a night ad it was only slightly better until he started STTN at 20-21 months old. I am really hoping that DS2 will sleep better. He plays well by himself although also likes lot of attention and cuddles too so I am hoping he adjusts well to having to play by himself at the right times when I have to be BF'ing DS2. Does your LO play well alone?

twinklestar25, I can relate. I had a planned c-section due to a number of reasons so have never gone into labour or experiences it at all before.

Twinklestar - I take it you've had no signs of pre eclampsia time.
Did you work or a FT Mum?

I keep creating myself jobs aswell and having a panic. My pro active days will be Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays as this is when my LO is at nursery.

My LO was a dreadful sleeper aswell he didn't sleep through till 18 months old. Up until 10 months was dreadful I remember one night just crying I was soooo tried.

My LO will play for about 30 min spells on his own then come looking for someone to play with.

I am a staff nurse, went on maternity at 34 weeks and all been well will take 12 months off but can go back sooner if needed for money or anything but I've been saving to cover it hopefully! I went back 30 hrs (4 days) after ds1 an increased to full time last sept to increase my pay to prepare for this one, hoping to go back on 30 again this time. How about you?
no no signs of pre e this time so far, fingers crossed it stays that way! I sorta expected to get it again they say your more likely a second time if you've had it before but I'm 38 weeks now an so far so good. I'm hoping to make it to as close to due date as poss.

Wondering what sort of weight this baby will be as ds1 was 5 lb 4 due to the pre e so will have a bigger baby this time hope not too big! Last growth scan showed he was on 50th percentile so average, well nothing I can so about it just have to wait an see!

My lo is in nursery too but I'm still paying at the mo, he gets his funded hrs in sept, he was goin 1 day a week but I've changed it to 2 afternoons instead this been the first week so will see how that works out.
My lo dosnt play alone for very long, he will for a short time but mostly wants us to play puzzles and duplo etc with him. I can perhaps set him up with painting or something for 10-15 mins, hopefully be able to play outside more now the weather is occasionally dryer and he loves soft play so I'm hoping when I'm more confident to take them places where j can play an have fun an I can sit with baby an keep an eye on him

DS1 seems to have days when he want to play alone almost all day and then other days when he wants constant attention.

I thought I would get pre-eclampsia again and am happy to have got this far without so much as hypertension. We bought a blood pressure monitor and urine analysis sticks to keep help with reassurance. Did you have to have more regular appointments because of the higher risk? My midwife seemed happy to let me have double the appointments than normal rather than the really full on constant ones. After having a minimum of 2 a week last time I don't mind having just a little extra this time though.

I am wondering about weight a bit too. DS1 was 6lbs 14oz after a few weeks got much bigger like he was catching up. DH and his family tended to be around the 10lbs 1oz mark and DS1 is tall like him. So now I am a little worried that DS2 is going to be massive now I am already all stretched out and don't have pre-eclampsia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->