Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Claire, huge :hugs:. Altough you might feel helpless and as if you cannot do much for your hubby, he will appreciate you just being there for him. I speak from my own painful experience, I couldn't have done it without my OH.

Claire I'm so sorry to hear about your FIL. So sad. Love to you and your family. X

Sorry I've been awol. As you know I have worked all week, plus it's in London so a reasonably long commute. I can't wait for next week to be over as I'll then be done. Harry is doing well at nursery however he's suddenly hard to get to sleep and I don't know if it's due to me only seeing him for 30 mins a day or because he's crawling so not just lying still. It's hard as I have missed him so much and I worry all the time about whether he's happy. He's still not taking milk without me so goes mental when I get home.

What a gorgeous video Pip! He's such a cutie.

Glad the swimming went well Brigitte.

Love to you all.. gotta sleep as am knackered. X

Moggy, do you still use sleepsuits? If so, do you have any recommendations for slim fitted ones? The only ones I have found so far are Tesco ones, oother brands that I have used so far are too baggy for our wee man and now get in the way when he's crawling. :dohh:

Pip, although expensive, I find Gap ones much slimmer fitting (plus I LOVE the zip up ones, SO much easier!), I saw on the front of Grazia there is a 25% off code this week - could be worth a try?

Claire - I hope you're doing ok, its so hard to know what to do/say etc, big hugs lovely.

Ann - well done for surviving the first week! Only one more! Does Harry not have milk while you're gone then? What a determined little boy he is!!

Brig - glad P loved swimming, J still thinks its brilliant, we've signed up for another term of swimming, starting tomorrow.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I've caught J's cold so feeling pretty rubbishy, so watched a film last night - first time I've sat and watched one on my own sine I was pregnant! Bliss!

Thanks for the recommendation, MrsMils. Off to have a look now. I didn't realise there was sleepsuits with zips. :blush: We have some Gap items like bodysuits, jeans, but no sleepsuits.

I should have probably addressed it to all of you, but I just remember Moggy mentioning that her boys are on the slim side. So please if anyone else has any suggestions, they are more than welcome. :winkwink:

Pip we use the next ones but only at night...in the day he wears normal clothes...jeans, dungarees or trousers with t shirts....they dont seem to hamper his mobility :shrug:

Wow Lydia a film :shock: not done that in years without interuption or baby monitor in the background!

How are you all doing this weekend Claire? :hugs:

:hi: everyone else

GAP! They are so slim fitting. I love them, Kia looks well cute in them.

Pip (and anyone else interested), the code is UKGRAZIA, for 25% off until the 24th, happy shopping!

As you know ladies S has started crawling forward earlier this week and he is getting faster by the day. OH and I were talking the other day that he will pull himself up soon as he has been trying for the last few days.

Well, tonight he has pulled himself up on the sofa on his own twice (with my arms ready to catch him if he falls over :winkwink:). We are very, very proud parents tonight. :cloud9:

Just had to share.

Aww Pip, thats lovely! Proud Mummy indeed! I can't wait for the next milestone, it feels like its been a while since we had one, she's still only dragging herself along the floor or turning in circles!

Moggy, unfortunately I did get interrupted once by J (who obviously felt that I was having too much fun without her!), but still, actually watching a film was lovely! DH is being irritating at the moment, seems to feel that his life doesn't need to change at all with a baby... I know I'm the one thats not working (well, I do some work in the evenings when J is in bed, but I'm struggling to do even that at the moment), but a little help here and there surely can be expected? How much help do you guys get?

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-3-Series...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item483ffdfdf7

Pip try these?

Lydia if OH is around then he is quite hands on but he goes to work at 7.30 and doesnt get home til 6 so he isnt around much in the week - at themoment he is away all week for the next 8 weeks leaving on sunday early evening and getting back late friday so diddly squat help for a bit!

Claire hope youre doing ok hon :hugs:

Ann - how goes working in the big smoke? Hope H is starting to tolerate a little milk from nursery?

Yas/Brig/Lia :hi:

Thanks Moggy, I just feel a bit 'abandoned' at the moment, usually he's really good but lately seems to have a bit of an "well I'm the one that earns the money, so I don't HAVE to do anything at home" attitude!

Hia...a quick one from me.

Thanks for your support :hugs:

Not doing too badly here...hubby is doing pretty well considering. I suppose the 2 munchkins keeps everything real iykwim...im hoping thats a good thing.
I feeling a bit out of touch as i generally end up staying home with the kids while kev is sorting stuff out or expecting visitors. So im feeling crap like im not helping him, so i have a cry alone as im worried im bot doing enough for him even though i dont know what else i can do :shrug: Although his parents divorced about 10 years ago...its still painful for his mum as it was a pretty amicable split but its still pretty weird somehow.

Private funeral will be thurs afternoon..

Love u all :hugs:

Xx

Thanks Moggy, I just feel a bit 'abandoned' at the moment, usually he's really good but lately seems to have a bit of an "well I'm the one that earns the money, so I don't HAVE to do anything at home" attitude!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Mine has been the same but not so bad with the kids but more so with cleaning. If im doing sonething ill ask him to do stuff for the kids..it may irritate him but hes never said so. With the cleaning...it bugs me that he doesnt tidy up after him... So i grumble about it all the time and hes better now...but not perfect lol

So ask him to do stuff for and keep on nagging... If he complains...tell him to buck up and share the workload ...its also his house and child:thumbup: if u really want to make a point...tell him ur no live-in cleaner.

Xx

Thanks so much guys, sorry for the moan, I know its absolutely nothing compared with what some of you lot have on your plate. I'll continue nagging him then!!

Claire - you're doing an amazing job I'm sure, well done for supporting him so well, I can absolutely guarantee that you're helping him massively, just by keeping everything going and 'as normal' at home, as well as loving him and supporting him emotionally. You're a superstar hun, I know how wonderfully caring and supportive you are on this thread, never mind to your husband, you'll be doing a fabulous job of helping him and looking after him, even if you don't feel like it.

Hope all goes well thursday Claire, Im sure your OH appreciates you sorting the children so that he can focus on other things and know they are happy and carefor/entertained whilst he sees to visitors etc

Lydia we have lived in our new place for 6 weeks now and OH has not once cleaned any of the bathrooms or swept/hoovered/dusted or done washing etc. He washes up each eveing but tbh there is never much to do as I clear it as I go in the day. What is most annoying is he NEVER even wipes the sides or draining board down EVER!!!! Coukld be worse though as he does thake the bins out most of the time.....being away for 8 weeks now I will again get used to doing it all :dohh:

Thanks both:hugs:

My pet hate is similar to yours moggy....he never wipes/ clears the bread board...crumbs do my nut in :wacko:

Pip- forgot to mention....Go S- well done him.....we have a fast crawler here too...funny to see her go panting full pelt lol

Xx

Im with you on that one Claire, I hate crumbs! And my biggest bugbear is the tea drips by the kettle - and the soggy teabag on the strainer - I even bought him a teabag bin to avoid it :dohh: Ah well Im sure there things I do that drive him mad too :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->