Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Brig, you really shouldn't worry about it. With S there was no indication apart from the backwards crawling :dohh: and the frustration of not getting anywhere and then one day he just started crawling...and now there is no stopping him. He is so fast and trying to pull himself up on anything. It is exhausting. :blush: OH and I are currently seriously baby-proofing the house. Stairgates are on order (thanks Moggy :thumbup:).

And don't forget some babies never crawl at all and go straight onto walking. Or she might just be a little madam and prefers to be carried everywhere.

MrsMils, fingers crossed that it is a sign for you of better times to come.

We are seriously considering getting S a playpen. I first wasn't too sure if I wanted to get one, but for his own safety I think it might be the best option. I obviously wouldn't leave him in there all day on his tod, but it would just be safer if I could pop him in there with some toys if I needed to. And he'd still see me and we could talk to each other. So my next question is does anyone else have one?

. So my next question is does anyone else have one?

Darn right I have one! lol! If I need to leave the room for more than a couple of minutes I sit her in there with toys just like you said. Sometimes I'm even in the living room with her and I sit her in there to play. I love it! and as long as everything in it is safe she is completely safe :)

Attachments

• P5140522.jpg
    P5140522.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 5
  • P5140527.jpg
    P5140527.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 3
Brig - Mogster didnt crawl til after her walked :haha: He would roll around and commando crawl on his elbows to wherever he wanted or he would shuffle on his bum, he learned to crawl after perfecting walking as it was another way to get around. Apparently my older sister was the same :shrug:

Pip - we had a playpen for Mogster, we called it the play palace and had it decked out with bumpers and loads of toys and we would pop him in it if we were going out of the room so he was safe or if I was doing stuff in the room and wanted to know he was safe whilst I was not playing with him but there alongside him doing something else iykwim...this time we have one end of the room split off for the boys as a play area, its got foam tile flooring and lots of toys etc and it has some of the expedit bookcases from ikea on their sides to split the room leaving door width entrance to that end if that makes sense...? he is safe in there and plays happily, if I go upstairs he comes too and plays either in his of Mogsters room depending where Mogster is....longest he has played in the play area with me th other end of the room is just shy of an hour and that was with me sitting doing flatpack :haha: Will post pics soon :hugs: Must dash hubby calling me as floaters in the bath :rofl:

Brig - Mogster didnt crawl til after her walked :haha: He would roll around and commando crawl on his elbows to wherever he wanted or he would shuffle on his bum, he learned to crawl after perfecting walking as it was another way to get around. Apparently my older sister was the same :shrug:

Thank you!:hugs:

Must dash hubby calling me as floaters in the bath :rofl:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Pip I use a travel cot in my front room as a play pen- I didn't want to splash out on a playpen that he'd barely use. I bought a basic travel cot for £25 from Argos, hung loads of toys round the edge, and filled it up with play pen balls :D K really enjoys going in there and thinks it's a treat... because he doesn't go in there very often at all- just when i'm cooking or need to go downstairs to the postman or something.

Don't worry about the crawling... it'll come, and then it'll drive you bonkers :dohh: remember how much I was stressing about K being the last of the babies his age to roll over/sit up? Well he was one of the quickest (except for SUPER DYLAN :lol:) to crawl, within a week was standing, by 7 months was cruising.. and in EVERYTHING. Three months later still no sign of standing independantly/walking though.

Great idea about the play pen balls, Yas. :thumbup: I have been thinking about getting a travel cot too as we don't have a lot of space plus as you said I don't really want to spend a fortune either. I have been looking at this one as I have a £10 off voucher making it £25. What do you think, ladies? https://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-classic-travel-cot/427256701/type-i/

Peyton doesn't crawl yet wither :-( She rolls around everywhere and pushes herself backwards on her tummy but no crawling and no walking. Although she can stand quite a while by herself if we stand her beside something.
I know I shouldn'y worry...but I'm getting a little annoyed that all these younger babies are close to walkingg even and she's not moving except for rolling around and in reverse. :-(

None of dylans friends are crawling yet (except his 1 year old friends lol) and are not even interested, and they're all 10 months, so certainly nothing to worry about x x

OH has been singing this song to S since he was only little and earlier this week S has started to do this....:cloud9:

https://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/roddypiper_photos/S Crawling/?action=view&current=00042.mp4

Thank you ladies...you've all made me feel a tad better. xo

Pip, thats is adorable!!!

Brig, please don't worry about it at all, all of the babies in my antenatal group are doing things at completely different times, those that seemed to do things like sit/clap etc really early aren't crawling, and one little boy that was the last to sit is the first to crawl. My sister also went straight to walking. My nephews didn't crawl until after a year old (they didn't sit up until very late either).

Pip - did you get the photos that I e-mailed over the other day?

Has anyone got a babydan hexagonal playpen? We need to know the width of it when assembled, none of the websites seem to give this info, just the length of the panels (and my maths isn't that good to concert that to a hexagon dimensions!), we might try to put two together to make a long playpen which can go in the opening between our kitchen and sitting room, we were going to babygate it off, but there are big gaps between the tiling and the brick walls, doors to pin back etc, floor mats to put down, so we think playpens would be easier. Thank you!

ETA - I found the dimensions for across point to point (which is slightly too wide), but can't find them for the flat side to the flat side iykwim? I'm hoping it'll fit in.

Evening ladies,

Hope you all had a nice Bank Holiday weekend.

P&F, hope things will work out for your regarding OH's work etc. Sometimes you just have to do these things, believe me I speak from experience.

MrsMils, got the pics the other day. Thanks so much. Sorry not much help on the playpen issue as I pretty much ruled that one out from the beginning as it is too big for our house. :dohh: If you are still looking for some answers, maybe you could email someone on Ebay selling one to ask?

Yas, I really love the playpen ball idea. Just out of interest, how many balls have you got? :blush:

Everyone else :hi:

Three bags from Asda I think it was! Originally we started with one but not remotely enough to entertain him... xx

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I was wondering if and how your LO's sleep patterns have changed over the last few months, i.e. how much do they sleep and how many hours do they go between sleeps? :sleep:

Pip Jackster sleeps 40 mins in the morning and wakes around 10-10.15 then he will have another 90-120 minutes at luncthtime then he goes to bed about 7.15-7.30 and sleeps til anything from 6-7am its been about 6.15 the last week apart from one later and once earlier (5.50 :dohh: ) Hope that helps?

Until 2 weeks ago, I was at breaking point with Kia! He was taking 2-3 hours of hysterics to get to sleep :cry: and then waking throughout the night all night long. I was SHATTERED. And he was having lots of 1 hour naps a day.

Just over 2 weeks ago we had a breakthrough; god knows why, he just felt like giving me a break I think!!! :lol: Actually it's because I got stricter with the night time routine and limited his afternoon naps. Now, he wakes at 6 (pretty much on the dot :dohh:)- falls back asleep around 9- sleeps till around 1130 usually (a good 2.5 hour nap). Then in the afternoon he has a nap around 3/4- this is where I limit it- I never let him sleep for more than an hour, or past 430. I have to be REALLY strict or bedtimes are a nightmare. Then he goes down for his night sleep at 730.

So it's...

Wake at 6
Nap 9-1130
Nap 3-4
Bed at 730

The only problem with this, and having a routine in general really, is that if we go out or anything it totally ruins it as he only catnaps in the pram for 20 mins or so, and can't stay awake in the car! :dohh: So we don't go out in the mornings at all now. But i've had to get stricter and enforce this new routine because he starts nursery in Sep, and he NEEDS to learn how to nap and sleep before then.

Yas once he gets used to the routine it becomes more of an order of his day and you can go out and do stuff without it affecting the nighttimes....the strictness at night does pay dividends in the end just the first month of so of daytime routine is tough cos as you say you are limited to activities in order to establish the routine....

:hugs: to you n K, back to my 4th birthday pressie shopping :happydance: who knew there were so many go-karts :shock: am down to my shortlist at least :)

Pip here is Peyton's sleep routine. *This is like 75% of the time, other days are crap*

Wakes up around 8:15ish then goes goes down around 10:30 and sleeps till about 12.

Goes back down around 3 and wake up between 4:30-5

then we dod bedtime routine at 8 and she goes down around 9pm.

She sleeps about 14 hours a day.

Thanks Moggy! Which kart did you go for???

The thing is... while the long morning nap/quick afternoon one is working well at the mo, it'll probably change when he goes to nursery cos they said at his age (he'll be 14 months) most of the children just have one long post-lunch snooze.

I can't believe i'm saying this... but last night I ordered K's first birthday invitations! :shock:

Seriously. How the hell am I organising his first birthday?! I can't quite believe it. I still feel so damn lucky, every single day. He is the happiest, funniest little lad and I am just so in love with him. :cloud9: I'm moving on July 1st, and don't really know any babies anyway, so am just having a birthday lunch for him at Frankie and Bennies followed by cake and cuddles at my new house. What are you all thinking of doing for first birthdays?? I've attached his invitation that i've ordered (they sent me the proof earlier) for a sneak preview.

:happydance:

Attachments

• kbc.jpg
    kbc.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member