Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Thanks Moggy, I just feel a bit 'abandoned' at the moment, usually he's really good but lately seems to have a bit of an "well I'm the one that earns the money, so I don't HAVE to do anything at home" attitude!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Mine has been the same but not so bad with the kids but more so with cleaning. If im doing sonething ill ask him to do stuff for the kids..it may irritate him but hes never said so. With the cleaning...it bugs me that he doesnt tidy up after him... So i grumble about it all the time and hes better now...but not perfect lol

So ask him to do stuff for and keep on nagging... If he complains...tell him to buck up and share the workload ...its also his house and child:thumbup: if u really want to make a point...tell him ur no live-in cleaner.

Xx

Why do they all get like this at one point??? I have been wondering the same thing lately and Nathan and I have had to have a little talk.:trouble: While I was pregnant he was sooooo helpful cause he knew my back/hips/feet were killing me and then he was a better parent than me when Peyton was first born. But after Christmas...like January-ish when she started being easier that was it. It like when I stopped crying about how hard everything was that was his cue to zone out. Feb, March and some of April I had been doing everything, laundry, making baby food, fedding the baby, playing with the baby, cleaning the house...all he did was the dishes sometimes and put P to bed. Anyway, we had a talk and the "I work all day" line came up:gun: I told him I work all day too...and although I get a few hours when she sleeps I still have shit to do and on top of it I work all night too...getting up as often as 4 times a night still :dohh: Things are better now...but for a while there! UGH!!

Claire :hugs:

So we're still working on the me staying at home with Peyton after mat leave...it looks like we'll have to make cuts here and there to make it worth which I'm fine with. We're just not sure what to cute...obviously not so much splurging on baby clothes :blush: and take out food...which is fine because I'm doing weight watchers anyway.

Not much on our agenda today...laundry and I have to make baby food.:coffee: So sick of making baby food...I loved it before...but it's been 5 months now and I can't wait till she eats food like us. We're done with puree now she eats minced or finely chopped...we're on our way!!

Claire, hang in there girl. Like the others have said just supporting your family as you are will be a massive help to him. He knows he can rely on you so can concentrate on other matters. How are you finding work?

Lydia, my dh and I have also had the talk. He's so much better now that the marathon is over though. There was a stage when all he did was the bins. I'm gutted that he's still not made any food for Harry as he loves cooking and I'm crap at it! I'm not doing much whilst working though on principle! Like Brigitte I also have to do all the nights too so really it's a 24/7 job.

Pip that's great news about S. It's amazing watching them learn isn't it? Harry's new trick is waving goodbye or hello. Bless him.

Yas sorry to hear via fb about your inconsiderate neighbours. Roll on the big move!

Moggy thanks for asking after me and Harry. He's still not taking milk at nursery unfortunately but is doing so well with eating. He seems to be having a great time at nursery which is a massive relief. Sorry to hear you are soon to be back on your own. :hugs:

Hi Lia, hope you and the gorgeous Dylan are doing well.

My boss pissed me off today as gave me this massive job to do with little information and told me I wasn't allowed to leave today until it was done. He seems to have forgotten that I'm there to help him out. We will get a little bit of cash from it but not enough to put up with his crap. Grr. I ignored his comment and left at 5pm on the dot without doing the work. So fire me.. oh you can't. He he

Love to you all x

By the way I never properly thanked the ladies who kindly sponsored my dh for the marathon. At the time I wasn't sure whether to mention it on here as didn't want everyone thinking I was applying pressure for sponsorship so I believe Don thanked you directly. Thank you so much.. we were both totally gobsmacked and I felt choked by the kindness you showed. X

Aww hun, you should have mentioned it here, I missed it completely! Well done him, thats absolutely amazing.

Amd well done for standing your ground and leaving! Only three more days to go.

Yup - I've done every night shift, early feed etc, DH likes his sleep and is NOT good in the mornings, so when he offered to do a morning a while ago to let me have a lie-in, he did it with the disclaimer that if she woke before 6.30am, I'd do it??? WTF - thats every morning!

My main gripe is (rather than crumbs), leaving dirty spoons on the worktop (dark granite), then I end up putting something in the sauce etc and making a mess because I can't see), and filling a sink with water and then leaving pots and pans in it overnight - lovely job first thing in the morning, sticking your hand in greasy, cold water to let the plug out. OR not putting things in the dishwasher.... I could go on.

Brig - you'll just have to ebay lots to fund the cute baby clothes spending sprees!!

Oh - got our Violet today, and can't make the software work! Grr. So she's going to have to play with generic Violet until leapfrog get back to me!

Evening ladies,

Just a quick one from me as I am on my way to bed. I can't believe our little sunshine is already 9 months old today. He has now been outside my belly for longer than he was inside it.

Just wanted to say thanks for the Scout recommendation. S loves him and smiles and laughs at him when he sings his songs. And those songs can really stick in your head, can't they?

Can anyone recommend some stairgates?

Anyone heard from P&F recently?

Night everyone.

Pip she is busy but doing ok, Dylan is keeping her on her toes but she sounds happy on FB.

Can recommend the mamas and papas stairgates although they seem to be different now as ours as 3 years old :shock: The current equivalents to ours are...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flexi-Fit-Wooden-Gate-Safety/dp/B000KGAHIE

Dont know why they found it so hard to fit though as it took ME only 25mins :shrug:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lindam-443...f=sr_1_1?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1306307493&sr=1-1

The links show the same gate just different manufacturer now - not sure why. Check online though as you can get some bargains!!! The pressure fit ones are ok so long as they dont have the bottom bar as you trip over them :dohh: or stub your toes :cry: Seems M&P no longer do the gates we got.

Hope today goes better for you all - Lydia the sink story made me laugh cos its awful to be greeted with that once you come downstairs in the morning. Also bugs me when the greasy water is drained but the sink not rinsed so there is a greasy scum on the bottom of the sink, congealed in place :sick:

Today is gonna be a good day, off to join the boys in Peppa Pig appreciation - it is a new series :haha:

Ahh.. dish clothes left in dirty sink water that's my pet hate! And I agree with the stagnant water in the sink too!

Pip we have two different stair gates but only one is up. It's a special narrow one as we have a weird bannister which makes them quite narrow at the bottom. It's a suction version and seems pretty good but we haven't used it much yet to know for sure.

Lydia. Tut tut. What a cheeky dh. We now take it in turns to do the mornings. X

Watching the new series and laughing A LOT!!! :haha:

Two more days to go and you are home to your boy :hugs:

Thanks for the infos on stair gates, ladies. Moggy, do you have the Flexi-Fit fitted at an angle as I think we'd need one to be fitted at an angle. :dohh: Also, if you are in bargain hunting mood any time soon, could you see what you can come up with for the Flexi-Fit (preferably white to go with our banister)? I don't mind second hand either.

theyre heavy Pip so wirth a look on ebay within 25 miles of you for stair gates in general as most places make similar styles...kiddicare is usually very reasonable for stairgates as they have the courier charge unless you spend £30 but two gates should come in under £40 there...https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wc...tdisplayA_62_10751_-1_14756_16339_10001_14054

Iseos TT

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Bebe-Con...64?pt=UK_Baby_CarSeats_EH&hash=item43a4c96d44

You might have missed this part, Moggy? If you have it fitted at an angle, does it work well as I can only see pics online of it being fitted the normal way?

Moggy, do you have the Flexi-Fit fitted at an angle as I think we'd need one to be fitted at an angle. :dohh:

we have it fitted the traditional way....not sure how it would work at an angle but if you fitted it to a baton and then the baton to the wall it should work :thumbup:

Hello lovelies - catching up (in the bath lol) but not read back properly yet.

Claire ((((hugs)))) hun
Pip - have you tried rompers instead of sleepsuits? Free the feet! Agree tesco is smaller sizing tho!

Big hugs to all - will go back and read properly now!!!!!

For us - a bit crazy still. Dylan managing about 5 or 6 steps at a time so he's really trying bless him! And.......not really fb / res of the world public yet but DH has given up his job!!!! He was so depressed.....anyway with All the bursaries they throw At trainee science teachers (this sept at least) he's going to do his pgce in September so if we can muddle along til then we will be ok. I am going to have to work a bit if he's not Thomas have my redundancy money so should be ok for his year, and my parents are coming viewing some houses here so they can have Dylan while I work (still planning on part time) and we can save money sharing a car with them too. Phew. There you have it lol.

Bit nervous but it'll work out! Hope you're all good? Back off to re read properly.

Ps - any of you thought about 1st birthday gifts yet? We have been to 3 or 4 parties of dylans friends so far so it has got me thinking. Can't believe he is 10 months!

Pps - still no teeth here but food going well and sleep improving! Apologies for rubbish organisation of message am using phone and it's hard!!

Hi Lia! Glad you're well, but very busy by the sound of it??!! Wow, life-changing stuff, very brave, but big step to get life hunky-dory for your family. Wowee to Dylan too, thats awesome! J still can't quite crawl, she gets SO frustrated! (On the plus side, we still haven't had to baby-proof the house yet!).

Claire, I really hope Thurs went as well as it could hun, we were thinking of you.

Ann - whoop, the work fortnight is over! I hope you're celebrating tonight!

We had a lovely day out today, left late morning (after a spot of early lunch) and J was an absolute delight all day, its been a while.... I'm hoping this may be the sign of high-maintenance times waning? The constant whinging has been getting me down. We've got to be out most of tomorrow too, so I'm probably tempting fate!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend! xx

Peyton doesn't crawl yet wither :-( She rolls around everywhere and pushes herself backwards on her tummy but no crawling and no walking. Although she can stand quite a while by herself if we stand her beside something.
I know I shouldn'y worry...but I'm getting a little annoyed that all these younger babies are close to walkingg even and she's not moving except for rolling around and in reverse. :-(

Aww hun, don't worry! She'll do it in her own time, J can't stand at all yet. They'll do it in their own time, I think J is a thinker rather than a doer! For now, I'm enjoying the fact that she's within a few feet of where I left her!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->