Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

p.s today I found this a-maz-ing card shop... I spent £44 :shock: :shock: :shock: but I got some fabulous first birthday cards for all of our monkeys! Then I realised i've got ages to wait to send them since most of you popped long after me :rofl:

Aww, thats gorgeous Yas! Where did you order them from? I'm hoping to do a little something (mainly for family I think) for J, but obviously have a little longer to plan!

Pip, J gets up anywhere from 6am to 7.30am, then has a nap (usually about an hour) around 10.30, sometimes earlier, sometimes later, then a 1.5 hour nap in the afternoon, usually around 3. Bedtime is from 7pm to 7.30pm, sometimes stretched out until 8pm. She went through a few weeks of getting up at 11pm and then 3am, and then deciding to wake up and get up any time between 4am and 5am. Me=walking dead. Fortunately (*touches wood manically*) we seem to be getting past that and she's gone 7.30pm to 6am for the last few nights.... The last few days she's been so lovely to hang out with, she plays, doesn't whinge anywhere near as much, heaven!

Have got measurements for the playpen now thank you, seems we should be able to make it work if we take a panel or two out. The reason we want such a big one is so that it goes from one room to another, so she can see me in the kitchen or sitting room. Its also helpful to keep the dog in one room when we're playing in the other.

Ooh, Moggy, I bet Mogster is going to be excited!!! 4, blimey, that must feel odd!

Not sure what we're going to get J for her birthday, maybe some sort of rocking toy or something? Or a special teddy, I had one growing up and I still love it now.

p.s today I found this a-maz-ing card shop... I spent £44 :shock: :shock: :shock: but I got some fabulous first birthday cards for all of our monkeys! Then I realised i've got ages to wait to send them since most of you popped long after me :rofl:

Ha ha ha! Thats the kind of thing I do! We somehow need to get our addresses to each other, those of you that are good at this kind of thing, can I, for example, PM all of you at the same time with my address?

^ I have no idea how to do it :dohh: but I know you can because Moggy did it when she told us all about birth announcements!!! I have just filled my diary up with all of our LO's birth dates from the front page- excellent record keeping Claire!! (Hope you're ok :hugs:)

Edited to add: I want to get K something special for his first birthday too; he's rather attached to a jellycat monkey though so am sure it will get ignored in favour of the money. In terms of presents, me and G decided ages ago not to get him christmas/birthday presents because he'll get soooooo many toys and clothes from family- instead, we're putting £50 into his bank account, and buying him a term of classes- Waterbabies this year (found one close enough to get to near my new house, yipppeeeee!). xx

Great news on the waterbabies! Luckily DH has agreed that its awesome too, so we get to keep going. J's favourite toy is a tacky pink doll thing, but she has a crinkly skirt and J adores her (diddle donkey comes a close second though Moggy!). Violet is creeping in there, although J is a bit bemused with her at the moment, I don't think she 'gets' her talking to her (and saying her name in a really odd way, which DH and I now can't help but pronounce it that way and then go into fits of giggles!!).

Thanks for your replies, ladies. Looks like our LO's sleep patterns are all quite similar apart from the time they go to bed.

Yas, love the card. Can't believe it's K 1st birthday so soon already. And Mogster's 4th! :shock:

As for the present: I have been thinking of getting him this. Someone recommended it last year when our babies were born (was it Moggy?), but I never got around to getting it, so decided to get it for his 1st birthday. https://www.memoriesandmilestones.net/items/personalized-blocks/personalizedbabyblock-detail.htm

Oh that's lovely, I really like personalised things like that- *bookmarks page*

I've ordered this for his new room... https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/modocreative/product/personalised-birth-details-art-print

And considering getting this too, and filling it with all of his fave things. Grandad throwing me in the air/mummy chasing me round the house/giggling to the Friends theme tune/clapping my hands when I get excited/snuggles/sleeping on Daddys chest/ etc etc: https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/paperheart/product/bespoke-heart

Jetters, you might have already noticed and taken care of it (sorry if you have), but 17th June is not a Sunday. Did you mean 17th July, in which case the proof needs amending. :winkwink:

Oh god Pip, I hadn't noticed, can you believe it?! Can I still use baby brain? Thank you so much, I've just emailed the designer back and hope they haven't been printed yet! :dohh:

https://www.wickentoys.co.uk/index.php/kettler-hurricane-air.html

This is the one, figure the expense is worth it as both boys will be able to use it for the next 8 years or so....we bought Mogster his trike from the same place and theyre so helpful and friendly.

There is just 4 weeks between the boys birthday so we plan to take them to Yeovilton airshow the weekend before Mogsters - Red Arrows, Black Cats and Vulcan all flying plus loads of others :D - then we have my family the weekend after his, then we have a few weekends before Jacksters birthday...not sure what we will do yet.....maybe a trip to Longleat or to the seaside. As for pressie for him not sure as we have so many things that we Mogsters that it will be hard to find something just for him IYKWIM....maybe a little tikes police rocker...?

Yup thanks Yas, might be up your way end of August as my Grannys 90th :shock:

How are you n K? How goes the packing/insurance fionding/moving etc? Big loves to you both :hugs:

Woweeeeeee the kart looks wicked, lucky boys!!! :headspin:

I got the insurance from More Than in the end, thanks for the advice, it did everything you mentioned, covers keys etc and low excess (£50). It wasn't the cheapest but they're reliable and it does everything I need :shrug: Not packing till college is over- JUNE 17TH!!!!!!!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeek deadlines galore :shock:

Love back at ya xxxxxx

Hia lovelies....

Moggy - Love the cart :thumbup:

Yas - Hia hunny :hugs:

Havent had a chance to read up properly on previous pages ...sorry :blush:

Sorry i havent been on....been a long week. Hubby has been doing good considering. Funeral went ok except for the torrential down pour only for the 30 mins in the cemetary :dohh: Timing...or his dad looking down and laughing at us all soaked :haha:

Hubby back in work tuesday and really down about it again now....combined with everythign else its now 10 times worse. Really considering putting his notice in and working for his brother for 2/3 days and looking for something else to make the money up....both of us are scared of him doing so even though neither has admitted to each other...so will decide today/tomorrow what hes going to do. He's been refused holidays for the second time and weve booked already and they knew about it...and because other people are off woudl mean he would never get any time off :growlmad: Not sure if theyre trying to push him though as they know hes not happy and also realised they advertised the job incorrectly so hubby isnt suitably trainned for a lot of the job :shrug:

On a good not i have an interview with the NHS in 2 weeks...its bank cover so unsure if its worth it at the mo...as a Dietetic Support Worker. I ahve no experience so probably wont get it but will get interview experience if nothign else.

xx

Hope it gets sorted soon hon, these things come thru when you least expect, remember the girl who had failed IVF just as we announced we were expecting Jackster...? She had a little girl Chloe and her hubby was coming to the end of the job he loved and hoping they would renew his contract as he worked for one of Cambridge colleges....they didnt renew his contract and the final day before he started his holiday pay before the end he found something else with a guy starting up on his own....he is a few months in now and although long hours he is loving it plus they know the hours will only get better and the money too. Hoping this is gonna be what happens to you - minus the friends with a failed ivf cycle - your story can have a successful cycle, new job and happy ending :friends:

Love the idea that his Dad was looking down on you all soaked and having a giggle up there, what a lovely thing to help remember him and his send off. Meant anyone who wanted could have a good cry and something about crying in the rain - it always makes you feel more relief and well another word for relief than crying in the wind/sun.

Big loves to you all, hope you get something for you soon too....one thing about health jobs is if they like you and the role you are going for isnt quite the thing then they often have something that will be right for you so even if diabetic support worker isnt the one then another will be right behind it....

Thank you so much hun :hugs: I want to believe that something good is around the corner...and its about bloody time too...but it is hard as its what i try and convince hubby but not quite believing it myself iykwim.

I hope a job turns up in the next few days for him....ive tried for so many (even rubbish pay!) 4 yesterday...

Loves to you and all the moggys :hugs::hugs::hugs:

xxx

how about starting something yourself? Or do you want something to get out to?

Claire, huge hugs hun, I'm sorry everything is a bit rubbish at the moment. Like, Moggy, I love the idea that he was looking down and having a giggle. Well done for getting through it, supporting him must be really hard.

In terms of his job, it all sounds a bit suspect and leading to constructive dismissal (where you are put in a situation where you feel you have no option but to leave because of choices/actions/non-actions of the company), it could well be worth giving ACAS a call to see what he can do about the situation to try and make it better/easier to leave if thats what he wants to do.

Moggy - LOVE the cart, thats awesome, its a lovely looking one, I'm sure he'll think its brilliant (as will Moglet when he's big enough!).

I'm off out for a meal with girls this evening, MIL is looking after J, she offered a while ago and nagged me about it, but now I don't think she's as keen about being stuck at our house until 10pm!

Hi everyone else, what are you all up to in the sunshine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->