Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Ok now that I'm composed...a real post!:haha:

Pip, I think I read that at least until 3 months they need that nighttime feed. After that let the baby guide you...if he keeps rejecting the dummy and crying then obviously he's hungry, but if you give it to him and he falls happily back asleep then he probably just needed soothing.

Peyton feeds around 11 and falls asleep shortly after and sleeps till 4-6am when she wakes I feed her and put her back in her bassinet and she sleeps a couple more hours in there. I usually bring her in my bed around 7:30 now and we nurse/cuddle/sleep.

So, I have purchased my first mini "batch" of cloth diapers. I saw an ad on kijiji so I e-mailed the lady, she was selling a Gdiapers starter kit. there are 2 cloth pants, 4 liners and flushable inserts. I got them for $15 and they are brand new. I plan on using them as diaper covers with prefolds, so I don't really care that there is not a lot of flushable inserts. The kit retails for $38 here in town so that's awesome! Picking them up today!!

Also we had the first of 4 infant massage classes this morning. Peyton slept for the first half of the class, but then woke up and was all smiles! She kept looking at the other babies and making adorable sounds.
Now she is fast asleep in her swing so I get a bit of me time!

xo

Thanks Brigitte! He really is an amazing husband and daddy.

Let me know how it goes with the cloth nappies. Peyton sounds so sweet! She obviously enjoyed herself!

Baby massage for us today too. It was the 3rd time we went. The lady who does it calls S "Mr Chilled" as he usually just lies there enjoying it while other babies look around or make noises and stuff. He had a good time today too, altough it was a bit much for me as there was 11 babies altogether there, so there were a lot of noises going on (the last two times there were only 4 and 2 babies in total).

Jabs for our little man tomorrow. Really not looking forward to it, but keep telling myself that as his mummy I need to look out for him and do what is best for him, which in this case are the jabs. Plus OH encouraged me by saying that I need to be strong for him as he will pick up on my feelings when he is crying after the jabs. And I know he is right.

Morning all,

Another good night here. Put S to bed at 8.30pm and he slept till 3.45am, when I fed him. :happydance: I read that "sleeping through" for babies means anything over 5 hours rather than a full adult's night sleep. So I was really pleased. He woke up again at 7.15am for another feed and like you, Brig, I usually keep him in my bed after that for cuddles and a few more hours sleep. :kiss:

Lots of cuddling here at the moment, really not looking forward to the jabs. Really hope he will be okay and I can be strong for him.

How funny, Harry slept until 3.40am! To be fair we put him down a bit later than S but we still got our 5 hours. Blimen cats woke me up at 2am though as dh left the door just a little bit too ajar and one of them crept in and started sneezing! Then I couldn't stop coughing as have caught another cold. Still, I am so happy that Harry slept so well! Boobs were rock solid in the morning lol!

Hi everyone - sounds like everyone is getting some better sleep - yay! J seems to have settled (of course, me saying this will mean that it soon changes!) into going down properly at about 11 (she snoozes downstairs until then as DH doesn't get home until at least 10.30pm), then sleeps until about 5ish, then back down until 8am.

I'm hoping to start baby massage next week (J is 6 weeks tomorrow and they won't let us until then). What will I need to take with me?

Ann, I haven't dared read your OH's blog yet if its emotional, I've been really bad recently, TV is making me sob, so that definitely will!!!

How is everyone else?

Pip, I hope the jabs go/went well and you managed to hold it together, I'm absolutely dreading them!

Back from the doctors. Daddy managed to go with us after all, which was great. Got daddy to hold him and S was smiling away with him. I had the bottle of EBM ready for afterwards. First leg he didn't bat an eyelid, didn't cry or anything. Second one was probably a bit much for him and we could see him trying to hold it together, but finally screwing his cute little face up. He cried for about 30 seconds and then went back to his happy wee self. Didn't even have to give him the bottle there. He was so brave and I am so incredibly proud of our little man. :cloud9:

And it was all over so quickly and because I was so proud of him and held him, I didn't even cry.

I'm hoping to start baby massage next week (J is 6 weeks tomorrow and they won't let us until then). What will I need to take with me?

We usually take a big towel to lie him on and also a travel changing mat (in case they don't have enough mats when it gets busy). Olive oil is provided. Maybe a bottle of EBM depending on whether you want to breastfeed there or rather take a bottle as babies are often hungry after the massage.

Hia... Hope ur all well... And babies too:flower:

Moggy- hope ur ok hun... Txt or message me if u want a chat hun:hugs:

Yas- hi grandma:haha: how cute is that... A young and cool grandma:thumbup:

Pip- did u get the parcel yet?

Had a bit of a crappy week since the jabs mast week. Made Ana very unsettled both day and night. Also had a few bouts of projectile vomiting and loads of dirty nappies too.. Not sure if this a result of jabs though:shrug: we seem to be back on track today thank god.
Have a wedding party tomorrow night so looking forward to some drinks and a few hours out with just me and hubby:cloud9:

Xc

Awe Claire :-( How many days did it last? P is getting hers in 2 hours :-( I'm so worried I actually have a tummy ache. :-(

Claire, yes, I did receive it. And have already started filling it in. Sorry, I thought I had PM'ed you to let you know. :dohh:

Brig, try not to worry too much. S was pretty much alright after his jabs, just a little sleepy. Fingers crossed she will be fine.

Brig Jack reacted much the same as Ana, it lasted two maybe three days tops :shrug: He has his next lot on 8th :nope: planning to take OH in - should take his mind of his snip later that day :haha:

Thanks for the love ladies, means a lot and whatever happens in the move you guys are all there so :) Will post the fuller story when can do without bawling over boys :hugs:

Hi everyone!

Hi Moggy - hope you're ok, and you're definitely right - we're only ever a click away!! (even if it is slow one-handed typing!). Big hugs hun xx

Brig - saw on fb about Peyton's weight gain, thats brilliant!

Claire - glad Ana is on the mend, have a lovely night off tomorrow!

J is currently having a mega-sleep, hoping this doesn't mean I'm in for a disaster night! The only thing is she fell asleep in the car, so I've left her in the car-seat, but I know that they're not supposed to spend more than 2 hours in them, so I'm weighing up waking her vs her spending longer than this in the seat... What do you guys think?

Browsing activity gym's on the net - any recommendations, we particularly want one with lights and a mirror (her two favourite things on her baby-friend's one!!). I quite like the look of the baby einstein around the world one.

Hope all mummies and babies are well!!!

never wake a sleeping baby! Chances are if she is sparko you would get away with it but if she is having a dream feed when Daddy gets home i would be inclined to leave her in there, not like she wont spend the rest of the night flat on her back! Also depending on the seat you can let them spend up to 3/3.5 hours in them :shhh: just they dont advertise the fact cos folks tend to use them as chairs to cart bubs around in.

Glad to be back and feeling much more positive about the move as we have narrowed down the location so much :)

Fingers crossed for another good night from Jack, last night we had 7-6.40 with a 20 min wake up for clean bum and booby juice then he gurgled to himself and settled himself back to sleep :happydance: Given he is on the booby juice I know we arent going to get no wake ups unless we do the dream feed thing which we struggle with I am really proud of my little chunky fartypants :cloud9:

Missed you lot but have been reading. When will Miss P get her jabs now Brig? Jack has the next lot on 8th....:wacko: Daddy is coming too though :)

Ann how is H doing? Did he have the six week improvement in sleep etc? Looks like he is deffo sleepijg longer from what you have posted....

Lia you have been quiet? Pip thanks for the PM :hugs: Claire think we have in sync babies with the jabs - nothing from baby 1 in terms of reaction and yet baby 2 has the vomit/poo combo :dohh: Yas how go things with G and K? Still hoping you might go to Bath...?:flower: Anyone heard from Dede or Sarah recently?

:hugs: and AD to all my fave ladies and babies :hug:

Brig-hope u both survived the jabs. Try not to worry...all babies are different and all sets of jabs are too...i never had issues with Jac but did this time.... The rest might be fine though... So not going to worry.

Pip-glad u got it :thumbup:

Lydia- i have bright starts baby gym... i used it for ages with Jac so well worth it for me... doesnt have lights though...but you could always get something
cheap to hang
Www.brightstarts.com/p-113-babys-play-place.aspx

Moggy-huge hugs hun:hugs: when i mentioned the snip to my OH u would have thought id asked him to chop him manhood off... His face was priceless:haha: good on yer OH... Itll take me years to convince mine:dohh:

Not sure if Ana is having a growth spurt or if shes gradually getting hungrier and hungrier... She gets unsettled afew hrs after a feed on an off till she gets a bottle... But not blatant screaming either. She has has and can go over 4 hrs during the day between feeds but im struggling past 2days.shes had an extra bottle today...she has 4x 7oz bottles usually a day now. A bottle less than jac had at the same stage... If she has more bottles with less oz she fusses on all bottles and it takes ages for her to drink them and ends up drinking less in total...so will see what next few days brings and maybe try hungry baby milk:shrug:

Xx

Moggy- we deffo have in sync #2 babies...Lets hope the next round is uneventful:thumbup:

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->