Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Hi Lydia, we had a good night actually although he seems to be having lots of poos at night now which is waking us all up! He's also getting sleepy earlier so in turn getting up earlier. He went down at 8pm tonight and this is the first time we haven't kept having to go up and check on him. Swaddling rocks! x

Brigitte that is absolutely awful news. I'm so so sorry :hugs: It makes me shudder to think how fragile life is. Love to your family at this very sad time.

xx

this, exactly. i'm so sorry, Brig. xxxxxx

Thanks so much ladies!!

What Ann said is exactly right...life is fragile...and no matter how careful we are as moms...bad things happen...and so quickly!! I'm just shattered for them...I cannot imagine being in their shoes. It should be against some universal law to bury your child.

Hi Lydia, we had a good night actually although he seems to be having lots of poos at night now which is waking us all up! He's also getting sleepy earlier so in turn getting up earlier. He went down at 8pm tonight and this is the first time we haven't kept having to go up and check on him. Swaddling rocks! x

Great! Hope it continues! J had a really good night last night, slept from 12.30 until 8.15am (which would have been 9.15 had the clocks not changed), longest yet, but she has slept loads today, so I bet tonight isn't going to be the same!

Thanks for all of the gym advice, DH is making me wait as we've had a lot of outgoings this month... I also now want to get a jumperoo as you guys all seem to love yours! Maybe J will be able to use one by christmas? Surely he can't not let me get her one for crimbo??!!!

We are trying a sleeping bag tonight just to see if it makes any difference. He has once again gone down well so we'll see. He is waking really early though at the moment which is not much fun. Maybe he was fighting the swaddling before so fingers crossed tonight is a better night. x

We are trying a sleeping bag tonight just to see if it makes any difference. He has once again gone down well so we'll see. He is waking really early though at the moment which is not much fun. Maybe he was fighting the swaddling before so fingers crossed tonight is a better night. x

Will keep my fingers crossed for you! I don't dare not swaddle, it might be disastrous for us! Don't they recommend you don't swaddle after 3 months? I'm dreading that!!!

ooh not sure! FX for good sleep all round for all of us ladies! x

Look forward to hearing how he gets on :hugs:

Brig - Im so sorry for your families loss, it is unimaginable to think of it happening to a child so young. I too support that law! :friends: Giving my boys extra cuddles and willing it not to happen to any other family :hugs: Hope you and P doing well xxx

uggghh. He is going longer between feeds but not settling when I put him down. I nearly broke down last night as was soo tired. Lovely hubby went in late to work to let me have an extra hour in bed.. I'm one lucky lady.

Do any of you have babies that just wont settle at night. He keeps grunting and farting and then eventually waking himself up. I have tried leaving him and that doesn't work. Generally I have to keep putting him on the boob only for him to fall asleep immediately but then wakes up again after I've put him down. I'm at my wits end!

comforter? dummy? gripe mix? Jack was up most of last night with wind and the squits!.. Tired Mummy on the school run this morning and Jack decided it was now time to sleep :grr:

Love him though :cloud9:

Naughty Jack.. lucky he's so cute! Yep we tried a dummy but it would only sooth until it fell out :( Tried giving him Gripe water today but he keeps letting it dribble out of his mouth! lol x

Mogster never liked gripe water, both my boys like the boots apple gripe mix though and more often than not it stays in - mostly :oops:

Will post bag this afternoon or tomorrow morning :hugs:

uggghh. He is going longer between feeds but not settling when I put him down. I nearly broke down last night as was soo tired. Lovely hubby went in late to work to let me have an extra hour in bed.. I'm one lucky lady.

Do any of you have babies that just wont settle at night. He keeps grunting and farting and then eventually waking himself up. I have tried leaving him and that doesn't work. Generally I have to keep putting him on the boob only for him to fall asleep immediately but then wakes up again after I've put him down. I'm at my wits end!

Mine still feeds a lot through the night. He's not up for long when he does but am still not getting much sleep :dohh: Tried making him take more but he just then brings it back up :dohh:

Afternoon ladies,

S and I have just returned from the hospital. I can't remember if I mentioned it, but the day after the birth the doctor thought he heard a bit of a click in one of S's hips. Apparently this is not a problem in most cases as the baby's ligaments are really soft (due to mum's hormones in pregnancy preparing for birth), which is what causes it. However, they wanted us to have an ultrasound scan to confirm all is okay. And it is. :happydance: S was such a good boy and kept smiling with me and the doctor although the doctor wasn't really smiling back at him. The nurse at the end said thanks to him for being such a good boy. :cloud9:

Also, we managed to get a Rainforest Jumperoo from Ebay. It will be one of S's Christmas presents. It is in a really good condition and only £45. MrsMils, it might be worth checking on there as there are loads for sale and a lot of them appear to be in really good conditon as they are only being used for a few months. I read on here that some babies aren't too keen on it, so I thought it would be really annoying to pay full price for it if he doesn't like it.

Finally, I have managed to book S onto a Waterbabies course at a nice pool (with proper changing facilities). Yay! Can't wait.

Costgang has been back in touch. She says "Hello" to you all, but she is very busy at the moment as one of her babies always needs her attention, so no time for her to come on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->