Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Good choice Moggy! Ithink barefoot is what is recommended as long as there's nothing to hurt their feet (rocks etc) and then they say soft felxible soles.

Peyton is also a chatterbox! She wasn't big on moving until a few weeks ago but boy does that girl chatter. :haha: (also like mama)

And sorry, we aren't at the cupboard lock stage quite yet.

So it's a dark and gloomy day for us here...no beach today I'm afraid. Not sure what we'll do actually. I haven't slept very well the last little while. I kept having to get up for diaper leaks. No leaks last night but she's gotten into the habit of sleeping through from 9:30pm-6:00am then gets up has a feed and goes back to sleep till about 9am...but at 6am when the sun has started to shine etc...mama doesn't fall back asleep quite so easy. UGH! :coffee:

we had cupboard locks for Mogster but foudn he wasnt interested :nope: this time we are planning one on the undersink cupboard but apart from that its socket covers and stair gate at the top for us, their play area now has a wide room divider gate across but its always open :dohh: and they seem happy to stay with their toys :) Mogster has a nosey and Jack follows so if he stays so does Jack :) think it might be easier with two in this respect as they entertain each other so no temptation to see what mummy is doing or find something more exciting...

5 days til Moggys bday and 6 days til Mogsters :happydance: in between we have the airshow and angel moggys bday

I've got cupboard locks on all the kitchen ones, and one in the front room which houses the meters, and one in his room which houses the boiler. Also have a Clippasafe toilet lock because he is OBSESSED with it- makes me sick. And a baby gate to keep him out of the kitchen, and one at the top of the stairs. Oh and Clippasafe socket covers in all the sockets- they're fab cos you pull them out with a plug.

The kid constantly, constantly plays with the things he shouldnt- wires, gates, locks, cupboards etc. Drives me a bit potty. He doesn't listen to no at ALL; sometimes he does but generally he'll go back to it in a minute. He usually laughs at me :blush:. I worry about him a bit... it's embarressing but i'm the mum you see who can't control her kid at all, he's forever SCREAMING (still! thought he was meant to grow out of it?!) the high pitched scream that makes everyone near by wince- he does it for attention, when bored, tired, hungry, sleepy etc. And wont listen to no, so embarressing at baby groups. Hoping nursery will help- he's SO strong willed though :(

Woah Moggy, big times in the next week! How exciting!! (and I'm guessing slightly :headspin: at the same time?!).

Yas, I can imagine, J does it on occasion, but not too often (the screaming that is), she know what no is, but just grins and then carries on...

Do any of you have gates at the bottom of your stairs? We wondered whether we perhaps should, the treads are open (i.e. little person could try to stick their head through...)? We ordered some magnetic babydan drawer locks, I'm hoping they'll work. Any ideas on how to stop J chewing on a drawer on a sideboard? It looks like a chipmunk has attacked it.

think you can get drawer rails similar to the ones you get for cots....?

we had the gate discussion again today, decision is still not at the bottom as he isnt walking properly and tbh we would catch him before he got there....the top has to be gated as he could fall down but with Mogster he never really bothered trying to go up once he knew he could do it, saying that the door to our front room is right next to the door to the kitchen and dining room so he has so far always come that way if following me around....good work on the babydan bits, love their stuff, ikea also do some good bits :)

Off to watch Jo Frost - love her!

Top and bottom stairgates here as the stairs are in the living room and very easily and quickly accessible by little crawling babies. We will need some cupboard locks for the bathroom and a few cupboards in the kitchen as he is just so nosy and loves following you about. And we have another one here that stops for a second to look at you when you say "No", then smiles and continues on his quest...:dohh:

Moggy, sounds like you will be busy. What have you got planned for Mogster's birthday? What :cake: will you be having?

Top and bottom gates for us too as Harry is surprisingly fast! We've not fitted cupboard locks yet but are about to. X

Moggy - Exciting week for you hun :happydance::happydance: Can you PM me ur address hun :hugs:

Yas - good luck with the job :hugs:

Ann - Glad u had a fab day :thumbup:

:hugs: to the rest of you lovelies

There were onlt 3 safety things i invested in....

We have cupboard latches on all cupboards...jac was a nightmare. Ana has tried a fair few times but they now only open 1-2 inches so she tries to paly with the cooker instead :dohh:.
We also have stairgate at top and bottom of stairs....Jac woudl be up them given half a chance. Now Ana is strating to do the same.....mine are not like moggys...mine follow me most of the time.....eventually jac will follow and then Ana lol
We also have blind string thingys...dont know whta they're called...not pretty but they roll up the blind thread so safe for the kids :thumbup:

Never bothered with socket covers as neither has been interested in them :shrug:

OK but tired over here. Sens of relief that hubby has work even though its temporary....have a feeling it will go on longer than 4 weeks though as hes ended up in his own dept so is trained in all the work.

I have an interview next week....really want to do it as in between studies change of scenery...but dont know if it makes sense childcare wise. Its a school Science Technician/Librarion role. So would get all school hols too...but less money :wacko: Probably wont get it anyway but am thinking about stuff so im prepared.

loves to all......

Forgive me for the typos....too tired to change them :haha:

nighty night
xx

forgiven :hugs: School holidays would be fab, you would manage hon and the holidays would make up for it as no stressing over childcare in the holidays :thumbup: Hope you get it, could hubby stay in his old dept? Would he want to if they gave him a role best suited to his abilities and yet challenging still to allow him to feel a change has happened since he left if that makes sense?

you are fab hon and it will come together, it jsut takes time :flower:

Oh Claire - I wish you all the luck in the world for the interview, even if you decide you don't want it in the end or it doesn't work for your situation, it'd be nice to have the choice. Glad hubby's job might be more than the 4 weeks, that will take the strain off for a little while.

Thanks for all the safety tops everyone, its baby proofing a go-go in our house, I did the foam edging around our fireplace today, but J is already trying to pull it off! Stairgates have arrived, I just need someone to fit them now... We also bought a playpen, I don't think J will be in it much, but it'll be very handy to have somewhere safe to put her when I nip to the loo etc.

Love to you all and your babies! xx

Claire, best of luck with the interview, I think it sounds great!! Like Lydia said it'll be nice to have the option, you can do it :hug:

Lydia, do I remember correctly that you're a landlady?? If so can you give me some advice? New house has a tv ariel but it doesn't pick up anything. I now have BT Vision, so can get lots of channels but still no 1-5. Is it the landlords responsibility to provide an ariel/fix the one that's here? Not sure if I should ring the estate agent and ask them or not, they aren't the most helpful/friendly people...

Moggy, after our conversation about shoes, K now has his first pair! (Other than Doodles). My ex landlord who is lovely bought him some for his first birthday (4.5G :lol:) and they flash so K LOVES them. I put them on him today and all day he's been upright, laughing at them. And walking on flat feet instead of tiptoes like he does when barefoot/in Doodles. Might put them on him whenever we go in garden. He looks like a clown they're so big :rofl: :rofl:

Pip, I have a theory that you're so secretive online because you're a celebrity. Am I right? :D :lol: :headspin:

My update, i'm soooooo happy here, this was the best move EVER! New house is lush and just feels so spacious. I hope I don't jinx myself, but it also has magical sleeping skills- since we arrived K has slept through a minimum of 12 hours a night, plus 2 hours nap in the morning, plus at least an hour in the afternoon. AND he goes down awake for both naps and bedtime without crying at ALL! Just plays with his toys then drifts off.I can't believe it. He's never slept so much!! Maybe it's the country air??

Pip, you're not on fb so you wouldn't have seen, I had a group interview for Asda today! It's just a little 12 hour job on checkouts but I REALLY want it, the extra money would take the pressure off and it'll be nice and flexible for uni, plus it's only 10 min walk away. I got through the group interview and have a 1 on 1 interview tomorrow morning! eeeeeeeeek!

Lia hope you're ok out there, can you believe we're all planning (well most of us lol) first birthdays?!!? CRAZY!!!!!!!!!! We're having a meal next Sat with about 15 family members for K, then a meal on Sun with about 15 friends for him!!! BUSY weekend! Then on his actual birthday me and G are taking him out but can't decide where- hoping for nice weather so can go to a farm.

xxx

Yas, can't help too much with your aerial problem. I am lucky enough that OH is very technically minded and does all these things. In our last house we had an aerial in the bedroom, which didn't pick any signal up. When OH went up the attic to look at it, it turned out that it wasn't even connected up there. :dohh:

Sounds like you are really happy with your move and your new home. And great news on the wee man sleeping well too. Where are our promised pics please, Yas? And while you're at it one of K's clown feet too please.

Pip, I have a theory that you're so secretive online because you're a celebrity. Am I right? :D :lol: :headspin:

That made me laugh.:rofl: No seriously, I wish I was. Then money probably wouldn't be as tight as it is. :blush: I don't really think I am being that secretive.:shrug: I just don't feel comfortable with putting some things on an open forum, but that's got nothing to do with you, guys. That's just me.

Pip, you're not on fb so you wouldn't have seen, I had a group interview for Asda today! It's just a little 12 hour job on checkouts but I REALLY want it, the extra money would take the pressure off and it'll be nice and flexible for uni, plus it's only 10 min walk away. I got through the group interview and have a 1 on 1 interview tomorrow morning! eeeeeeeeek!
xxx

That sounds great. I'm keeping all my fingers crossed for you.

Did any of you Waterbabies do the Splashathon this week? I guess you just missed it, Yas?

Yas so happy to hear you've settled in nicely! and YAY for K sleeping so well and for the 1 on 1 interview!! You go mama!! :hugs: and the plans you have for K's birthday sound lovely!!! Please take lots of pics!

The celebrity comment made me chuckle a bit too! :haha: that was cute!

So speakin of first birthdays...here is the invitation we are having made for Peyton's birthday :)

Attachments

• Birthday.jpg
    Birthday.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back