Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Claire I hear you re the two little ones and Im not working full time! Its first day of the school holidays and already Mogster has asked to go to school :dohh: Its the lack of structure that will hit him I think so we are trying to set up the day like pre-school would have been in the morning....just have to find a job lot of Bob The Builder toys as apparently they are essential if he is going to get through the holiday :rofl: Think a lot few of ebay will be what he gets!

Tried Jackster out in the old little tikes coupe this morning, he loved it, pic on FB (and in my journal for Pip) was hilarious me pushing him and Mogster zooming ahead on his tractor then chasing up behind me and saying faster mummy....both boys were in hysterics :D

How is everyone doing with secret birthday gifts? I keep being tempted to buy Jackster stuff :dohh: which isnt the point at all! Cant belive he will be one in a few weeks :shock: Only just getting over Mogster turning 4!

Ah well you know what they say about birthdays! You get cake!!! :rofl:

Hope all comes together for hubby Claire, and Lia that OH enjoyed his holidays before uni starts. Yas how are you settling in? Pip where are you :hi: Brig and Lydia hope you and your little ladies are ok and last but not least Ann give H a kiss for me....he needs more pics on FB!

Good afternoon ladies,

Sorry, I have been quiet again, but just been busy. Trying to catch up now.

Brig, you might have not seen my earlier post, but can I see some tutu pics just out of interest? :blush:

F&C, we got the Axiss too after recommendations from the ladies on here and trying it out in the shop. We love it and keep thinking how easy it is to get S in and out. For us ERF wasn't really an option as S hated his Cabriofix in the end, partly due to the fact that he couldn't see enough (or us). I used to sit in the back with him most times when we had the Cabriofix whereas with the Axiss I can interact with him easily from the passenger seat. :thumbup:

F&C, did I miss something about you being an agent representing childrenswear brands? Is that your own business or working for a company?

P&F :hi:. Nice to have you back.

Moggy :hi:

Claire, thankfully only another week or crazy working and tiredness for you.

As for us: We are getting ready to go to see my family in Germany at the weekend. Last time we went in the car and S slept most of the 16 hour journey, but with him being older now, we decided to take the plane. Excited, but also a bit nervous about how the wee man is going to take it.

S is still being cheeky, trying to get into cupboards all the time. Cupboard locks are on their way...

I have a bit of a sore back at the moment. Try telling that to a little (or not so little anymore) baby who is trying to climb up on you. Oh yeah, he loves that too. When you are washing the dishes or generally stand somewhere, climbing up on the back of your legs. :dohh:

I was wondering: Can anyone recommend a cheap (but not nasty cheap) hotel or B&B in London? Or would we be better off staying outside London and travel into London every day? OH needs to go to South Molton St in London 5 days in a row. Any help would be much appreciated.

So, are we still doing the Secret Birthday on 17th August? I am assuming Yas' present was from one of us? :shrug:

I'm here, Moggy. Love the pic of Mogster. He is sooo cute. :cloud9:

Forgot to say :hi: to MrsMils: I wouldn't call it tantrums, but S has recently started crying (with real big tears :cry:) when something doesn't suit him, i.e. you tell him "no", take something he shouldn't have away from him, move him from somewhere he shouldn't be...It breaks my heart, but I keep telling myself he needs to understand and learn.

Hi Claire :hugs: no we always had the Zapp, that's our 'car buggy' :lol: it lives in the boot and we use it if we're just popping out for a short trip or something. New pushchair is the babystyle oyster- black frame/seat and claret (deep red/purple) hood and liner. I'm excited! My best friend has it and so does G's son, and both girls LOVE it. I absolutely cannot afford another buggy so I have to like it really, no choice, I should of kept the Bugaboo :dohhh: And I totally agree about the carseats too.

I'm not surprised you're shattered. I dunno how you do it!! You WILL pass the open uni course, just got to be motivated, we all know you can do it :hugs:

Pip, here's a pic of my boy :cloud9: he is in his pjs cos we had to nip out to the shops for milk :lol:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v462/yasbayat/262901_10150723024375648_610700647_19958057_6667303_n.jpg

Yas, he's beautiful. I love the cheeky smile...and the PJ's. :cloud9:

Ooops I missed a page of replies!!

Moggy I so want to get K a coupe, but no point as small garden (front is much bigger but it's grass) boohoo! Thinking of getting him a trike so can at least push him up to the shop in something other than a pram- anyone got one??

Pip I definitely think plane was a smart choice, I couldn't handle more than 2 hours in a car with K without having a meltdown I think :rofl: hope you have a nice trip, we have family in Germany too and are hoping to go there over christmas.

K has trantrums too- mostly he just gets angry and hits things or throws himself on the floor. More recently he too has been bursting into tears if he hears no- he laughs the first time but if you say it again, he'll cry. He hits a LOT and we're trying to make him learn it's not acceptable before he goes to nursery...

I have to assume our birthday pressie was from one of you, cos it's either that or we have a stalker!!! :shock: :lol: so what do you think gang- shall we still send pressies on August 17th, or on our recipients actual birthday?x

I have to assume our birthday pressie was from one of you, cos it's either that or we have a stalker!!! :shock: :lol: so what do you think gang- shall we still send pressies on August 17th, or on our recipients actual birthday?x

I suppose it makes sense to send them for the actual birthdays now...I am happy with that. :thumbup:

Pip- Sorry i missed you on my post...just looked through the last page of replies :blush: forgive me...my brain and body is runnign on empty lol
Love the avatar pic....easier than carseat i suppose :haha: Hopefuly you'll have an uneventful trip to germany....im sure you and S will be fine. Its only an hour or so isnt it :thumbup:

Yas - I'm determined to complete the opn uni course...i finally feel i have a plan so am really happy...and determined. :thumbup: What course are you doing in seft then? It's teching related, degree? or am i totally wrong lol Love Ks pic in the pram....adorable :cloud9:

Moggy - I love it that Bob is part of nursery curriculum these days....in mogsters eyes anyway :haha: Moglet did look cool in his coupe i must say.
Oh...and ive also got an extra pressie for Ana's bday while looking for secret bday pressie too :dohh:

xxx

Hi Ladies!!

So I have had a nice busy weekend! But also with some relax time at the lake with my family (at an aunt and uncle's cottage) It was so nice!!

Catch up time now! :)

Ann: Do you really think there's a market for my tutus in the UK? How would that work? Would I just sell a bunch to a shop and then they sell them from there? If not, I'm not sure how safe I feel shipping a bunch of product off without having been paid in the first place. Anyway, maybe you could inbox me so we could discuss this more? Like you fees, how we could manage this etc.. :hugs:

Lia: that's so exciting about the job!! I have everything crossed for you!!! And I can't wait to see pics of his birthday!!!! Also, I should be receiving all my supplies soon and then I will be all set to start making custom tutus! :thumbup:

Oh!! re: carseats, we bought a new one for P a couple months ago. It's an Alpha Omega Elite and it's a convertible one. 5-100lbs. For now and probably until 1.5-2 years we will keep her rear facing. She is still only about 19lbs and I think here they have to be 22lbs to be forward facing.

Moggy: It would probably be best to get the exact wasit measurement because kids are so different at those ages. But if it's a surprise and you don't want to ask for measurements I'd probably say a 24" elastic waist band for the 7 year old and 25" elastic waist band for the 9 year old! :flower:

Claire: It seems like things are starting to look up! I know they aren't near ideal yet, but it sounds definitely better! :) And I'm sure you'll do great with your courses!! Oh! and I look forward to your order! :) Oh and although, you didn't make it in time to put your name for the draw, when you order I'll take 15% off as well. :flower:

Yas: Seriously could K be any more adorable!! He'll be a heartbreaker that one!! So cute!! :haha:

Pip! Have fun on your trip!!! And I'll be sure to post some tutu photos when I have a few more uploaded! :)

Oh and also, Peyton has started having "tantrums" as well. For a while now she bursts into full on cry mode when I say NO! but also now if she's playing and we take her away from the toy for naps, when we leave the house etc.. she starts crying, throws her head back and kicks her legs. :wacko: Oh boy...I have no clue what to do about it either!

And I have to say I agree...It does make more sense to just send the Secret Birthday gift for the actual birthday. :flower:

:D

Yas we have a coupe from when Mogster was small, Jack is having the little tikes trike for his birthday but we also have a berchet car pushalong thing, its a bubble comfort I think...?

As for a bargain trike for K I would be inclined to go for one he will use when he gets older, Mogster has a fab Kettler one with air tyres, he still prefers it to his bike! Air tyres all the way if you can get them, think ours is the happy plus air trike, we got it for mogster a few months after he started walking - he was about 18-19 months but as K has been up for a bit already then maybe he will be ready for one sooner. Is Brentfield near where G lives at all? One on ebay there...

Quick reply because I'm in charge of J. We've got a Graco DuoLogic 2, ERF, but I think she'll only stay in it until another baby comes along, so probably until about 2. She loves it - we got it just before we went to France and she did 2000 miles in it with only 2 bouts of real crying. Expensive mistake to make though if she didn't! I'll second Yas on the fact that ERF is much safer, but that doesn't make FF seats unsafe at all, so you need to go with what is right for you, we were lucky enough to be able to afford to import a compact seat which means that DH can still travel in front of it as a passenger, other ones wouldn't have allowed that so may not have been for us in the end.

Will reply to you all better later - yay to everyone being in BF&Ds today!! xx

Yas we have a smart trike, was £30 so we were lucky but D loves it love love loves it!!! Allegedly grows withhim so once he can pedal we just whip off the foot rests and away he goes!

Ann I know what you mean - Yas is right in that FF isn't unsafe more that RF is safer - all manner of stats out there but practicality wise, a lot of cars are too small for ERF, and they are SO bloody expensive when on a budget!!! We are going to Wigan to check the fit of the britax multi tech on Friday - have heard Volvo do the same seat but with a Volvo badge for cheaper lol so if it fits we may order thru Volvo. That can rear face til 4yrs, or forward face if in a smaller car like my mums, an then becomes a booster 4-6 years so should have plenty of life in it!

Moggy I love the pic in the little tikes car! Dylan loved them at baby group but DH said no, boo hiss!!! Xxx

Just going to look up your seat Lydia sounds interesting with a tall DH!!!! Xxx

Thanks ladies for the advice. One question though, can you still have rear facing if you don't have isofix?

Pip, I think I mentioned my job but maybe only in passing. I used to be a sales rep several years ago but gave it up when we decided to try for a family as it's pretty physically intensive and also not practical with me being on the road all day. When I was looking for a new job (my old one wouldn't let me go back part time, plus is too far away really) my old boss from several years ago asked if I would be interested in doing it part time on a self employed basis. It's ideal really as I work what ever hours I feel like, although it's pretty structured due to childcare.

Brig, I think there's a market. Basically to sell to shops you need to work out their wholesale price. Usually the shop will retail at double so if you sell to them for £10 they will sell it on for £20. You will also need to work out if shipping is on top or included. Then the shops will expect to see samples. Maybe only one or two along with fabric samples of other colour swatches.

An agent would then show your range to several shops explaining minimum orders, colour options, sizes, cancellation policy etc. As a new company you could ask for a pro forma invoice so that they have to pay you upfront. An other option is sale or return where you give them say 10 and then only charge them (and replace) for any tutus they sell but due to you being in Canada I don't see this working.

I would look online and work out what other companies in the UK are selling them for but I know some of the companies I've come across sell them at approx £50 rrp.

Oh and I wouldn't charge... unless you make it big! ;)

Right must go.. Harry has woken for his dream feed. xx

Yep we don't have isofix - I do however have a small car that is driving me crackers in my search, grr! Hubby's car would fit most I think though. For non isofix I've come across maxi cosi mobi, britax multi tech (and volvos version thereof), brio zento ummm brain gone to sleep lol...!

The only erf that was affordable i.e under £400! and that would fit in our car (a corsa) was the maxi cosi Mobi. It's actually really nice BUT tiny in the flesh (my friend has it) and like I said, K was travel sick every test trip we did. I don't think it would last as long as they say AND passenger seat would have to be pushed forward.

Always best to see them in the flesh and get a test fitting before shelling out cash I think xx BIG thread somewhere in NP section about ERF too xx

Thanks ladies. I've done a bit more research and think we'll try and go rear facing but £400?! Seriously?! Aghh!

quick google of the one Lydia mention and first find was for 365 euros delivered to uk?

Yup, I think it was just over £300 delivered, from carseat.se (who are brilliant, just e-mail them with questions), we haven't been able to fault it, it fits with isofix and a belt, so can be easily moved between cars and doesn't have a tether strap to mess about with, we can change between cars in less than 5 mins, which saves us having to buy a second seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->