Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Am seeking some help....can you tell me what you or friends/family have got/will get for you LOs for their birthday. Ana's main pressies are sorted from us but i know my mum and dad will want to buy a toy of sorts for her.....im clueless what to suggest with having a load of stuff already with Jac and pre planning. We're getting a ride on, a doll plus some bits and bobs, already getting a pram for her and a kitchen for them to share at xmas. So dont know.....maybe an ELC 1st Till or a 1st keyboard? moneywise between £15-£30.......

xx

https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9250057/Trail/searchtext>COUPE+TIKES.htm

maybe ^^ as doubles up walker/ride-on

Jack got a trike, a peeka laptop, a mower, books and some clothes then he got about £200 of cheques for his bank account...needs a top up so thats good.

does she like any particular characters? There are some lovely bits to accompany Driver Dan or Everythings Rosie or even Charley Bear....

Does she have the fisher price doll pram walker thing

Glad youve had a fab morning so far.....maybe just try to ignore the news for today untill kiddos are in bed :thumbup:

Ive got ger a peppa ride on for her birthday and she uses her vtech walker....i love the the link you gave but maybe it would be a waste :shrug:

She doesnt like anything on tv in particular either....maybe a laptop...that has crossed my mind too....goes off to search peeka laptop .... :haha:

I ordered the tesco instruments last night...20% off was £5.60...used £5 clucard vouchers as we had about £40...so it cost me 60p :blush:

xxx

Hello all!!

Claire, thats awesome, congratulations! It sounds perfect, fingers crossed it will work in your favour and you'll have lots of hours and gradually turn it into your main job. Great news!

Lia - glad it went well hun ,I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, do you know how long before you will find out if its a yay/nay?

Yas - glad you moved out of London hun, I hope everyone's family and friends are safe. And Kia is walking?! Wowee!

Pip - glad you had a lovely time, S is ridiculously cute, even stuffed into an aeroplane! J started to crawl like that, she, like Ana, does a funny footed crawl when she's wearing a dress! (I know if I put her in a dress it slows her down!!).

Moggy - I hope you have an awesome day (and that DH doesn't have to go to work), what did Secret Santa give him? Exciting! Do you mean the card? Its lovely isn't it? Its from our little 'vintage' shop in our village, I saw it and thought of your two!

Hi everyone else!! Love to you all xxx

J loves her laptop, but we also played with her friends vTech one the other day - that has scout/violet on it, that was great too.

Glad to hear you are okay and safe, Moggy. The laptop sounds interesting, especially as S is always after mine. :dohh:

https://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/roddypiper_photos/P1010467.jpg

And his other new favourite pastime is the kitchen cupboard. It has been for a while, but we have now locked all the doors bar one, which we left for him to play with...and he loves it.

https://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/roddypiper_photos/P1010650.jpg

Hee hee - love the photos Pip!! J would love it if I let her loose on the cupboards!

J loves her laptop, but we also played with her friends vTech one the other day - that has scout/violet on it, that was great too.

Can you post links of the laptops and the other one you tried...you said vtech but i though violet/scount was leapfrog? :shrug:

x

Can you post links of the laptops and the other one you tried...you said vtech but i though violet/scount was leapfrog? :shrug:

x

Indeed, I'm a bit slow today - hers is a vetch and the one we tried was leapfrog :dohh:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VTech-73803-Babys-Laptop/dp/B000M5F5RG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312901550&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LeapFrog-My-Own-Leaptop-Green/dp/B0038AJYSS/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby&ie=UTF8&qid=1312901583&sr=1-1

The leapfrog one is probably a bit advanced, but in essence, all she does is press the buttons and get the noises, so it has the same result!

Love the pics Pip!

Would also love to know what laptops the tiddlers all have, off to google peeka!!

Claire what a bargain yay!!!!!

Should hear by the end of the week they are interviewing all of todY too :-s

So who's all walking yet?

Also, I know this question has been asked before, but if anyone is like us things and opinions change. :dohh: Apart from Moggy (whose opinion on the matter I know), who is having another one and who isn't? Also when are you thinking of TTC?

As for us we are really not sure at the moment. On the one hand we love things the way they are at the moment, but on the other we think it'd be nice for S to have a sibling. But there is also the financial side: If money was no object, we'd probably have another one soon. So maybe we should just have S and be able to live a more comfortable life financially. I mean money is tight at the moment with just us three, so it would no doubt be even tighter if there was four of us.

Anyway, I'm rambling. What are your thoughts on your situation?

K walks! He has been for a while actually, but chooses not to. He crawls all the time but then every now and again will just walk across the room :rofl:

I am desperate for another baby, as you all know. G isn't. He says he won't even consider it unless we move in with each other, but I don't want to! We still bicker too much and tbh the thought of living with him sends me panicky, he's lazy and selfish and it'd be like having another baby :shock:. BUT I am soooo wanting a baby- even though i'm mad, I don't know how i'd cope with a baby and a toddler at uni! And I won't be able to afford two in nursery, so it would have to be a childminder, which i'm not happy about, so god, I don't know.

...my point is, I can't afford another anyway. But i'm still going to. I want a family, I want K's childhood to be like mine with my brothers, I want him to have a sibling. I don't want him to be an only child and if that means more stress and less money for me, so be it! Which is weird cos I always said I only wanted one.

Here's the biccies! Does this link work, Pip?
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.225955677419912.80745.197755256906621

Yas, they are beautiful. How long did they take to arrive? Do they taste nice as well? Sorry a bit of a strange question, but I am wondering if you could actually eat them too or if they are more to look at?

I'm not kidding- they are SOOOO good! Seriously, everbody loved them, it was a pleasant suprise! Cos things that usually look good don't taste good, but these do. Nom nom nom. I've ordered Garry one for his birthday in the shape of an xbox controller, lol. X

Pip - J isn't anywhere near walking, she pulls herself up o everything and is starting to cruise around on things, but hardly a step each way. We always said we'd like at least a 2 year gap, so would be starting to try around Dec/Jan, be recently we've both (wtf?!) been thinking it wouldn't be a bad thing if it happened earlier. I do however hope that my sister will get pregnant first, I'm so desperate for her to have a baby and I don't to really get pregnant without her already being well on her way to having a baby, I know she would never hold it against me or anything, I just would feel very uncomfortable and worry that I was making her upset/jealous. She knows that we want to try this winter, so I know she'll expect us to carry on with that plan whatever and would be cross if she thought that she'd stopped us etc.

Hi Brig - how are the tutus going? Miss P well?

Moggy - any pics from the day?

That's totally understandable, Lydia. Is she ttc again yet? :dust: for you both.

It's not the same but I had an awful struggle with guilt when I was pregnant. Of my 4 closest friends, 3 were ttc. I fell pregnant at a really hard time for all three of them... R1 is gay, and she and her wife were having real difficulties with ivf- spending a fortune, putting so much strain on themselves, desperately praying for a baby. R2 has been trying for a baby for over five years- first via ivf with her ex partner (female) and in the last 2 years with her (male) partner. She's suffered 5 or 6 mc's. And then my closest, bestest friend has been DESPERATE for a baby for as long as I can remember and her relationship was really struggling because her partner kept putting it off and putting it off- her desire was consuming her. And I fall pregnant, accidentally, with someone I hardly know, the first man I've slept with since my teens- while on the pill!

You can imagine how tough it was. Despite all 3 having feelings of jealousy and resentment, all were so happy and supportive for me. I struggled more than they did!!!! There were definitely a few tearful moments at the start and I have no doubt that it was bloody tough, but we all got through it and actually, R1 said seeing me grow and have K kept her going, knowing it would be her one day. Good news? J fell pregnant while I was, R2 fell pregnant next after K was born, and R1 shortly after that. J has the gorgeous Lola, R2 is ready to pop in 3 weeks, and R1 is due in October. :D

So! A positive ending, and a total ramble, my point was that if/when you do fall pregnant, it may be hard but it will be ok, you will both be ok, and fingers crossed for your sister to follow suit as soon as possible xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you so much Yas, the fact that what I'm feeling doesn't sound insane to someone else makes me feel a lot better! She's just started TTC I believe, her husband is away with work weeks at a time, so that is probably going to make it even more difficult as if timings are wrong, she could go months without even the opportunity to try iykwim? Thats fantastic news for your friends, what a relief to you, but I can see why it must have been very hard at the time, like you say, especially given the circumstances. I can completely understand why you'd like another, I hope you and G can work something out if thats what you both want in the end, its not like you have to conform to marriage and 2.4 children - just work out what works for you as a 'family'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->