Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Pic of the birthday boy on his trike before he opened the rest of his pressies, he had a fab day despite the debacle at the docs to get his jabs!

Love my boys They make me so happy and proud.....I look at them and wonder how on earth folks let their children become feral...they have such innocence and potential I just hope I can help them stay happy and learn love and respect for their environment and the others they share it with. Im not going to let them down...bring on the next mummiversary!

Attachments

• birthdaytrike.jpg
    birthdaytrike.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 14
Very wise words Moggy, it shocks me that I'm having to raise J into this sort of world where people raise their children how they obviously do on viewing events over the last few days. You'll do a fab job scrummy mummy, you already are!

The picture is gorgeous - that smile!! Glad you had a lovely day, I missed what happened with the jabs, will go and have a look.

debacle with the jabs....

saw HV when we moved here so she could meet us, she asked about the next lot of jabs and explained that now it is combined with the MMR jabs so they have three injections....we requested that Jack had them split in the same way Mogster did so he has 2 jabs at a year and then his MMR a month later

about 4/5 weeks ago we got an appointment card saying 2.15 9th August so as it was on his birthday I called to try to reschedule, they could only offer an appt 3 weeks later so we decided to stick with the one on his birthday so he could have his MMR on time

yesterday we arrived at the docs at 2pm so we could get him weighed before the jabs as they run a baby clinic 2-4 on a tuesday, we got him weighed only to be told they needed a form signed before they could do his jabs and the doctor that needed to sign it was out on a home visit and couldnt sign it until we were there to be seen.....form was duly signed about 2.40 so already late, they called us in to be seen only for them to say he was having MMR at the same time, I queried it and they said fine he can juast have the other ones and we could rebook for MMR in a month, she then looked at the form and the doc had signed for the wrong injections so off she went to get a new signature for the two jabs he was having (the form had been signed for the 4 week jabs :dohh: ) when she came back she said the doc had signed for MMR as well so that it could be done when we came next time....

We left the surgery having had his jabs at 3.15!!! He was really upset as we had to wait around over an hour and there is nowhere for them to play or go down on the floor so he had been cooped on our laps for that long, he was hungry but we couldnt feed him til he had the jab as they kept saying its in a minute. Was fuming!!! Especially as they could have got the form signed when they arranged the appt if the doc can sign for the one in a months time already.

Could have ruined his day but little trooper came home had his boob and a snack then we took him out for a spin on his trike....he loved it! So dod Mogster :)

Oh my goodness, what a debacle! Glad he managed to get through it and still enjoy his birthday, but it makes me so mad that the docs surgery can't organise the most minor things! Grr! Well done for not losing your temper too! (last time I took J to get weighed, I got there before the 2pm start because I wanted to be first in the queue as I had things arranged for the afternoon, announced myself to reception and said that I was there for baby clinic etc, told to sit and wait, waited and waited, more people arrived with babies, still waited. Over an hour later I asked at reception - "oh, HV is on holiday but usually she arranges for cover, obviously she hasn't". I got a bit cross and demanded that she was just weighed, got my way in the end. But why didn't someone know that nobody was there/at least investigate why several people with babies had been sat in waiting room for an hour?! Bonkers!)

our previous weigh in clinic had an inner room with 4 spaces to undress baby and a large playmatted area outside the inner room yet within the big room if that makes sense, the bit that takes time is dressing/undressing the babies after all, yesterday I watched everyone have to wait for the one space to dress/undress baby depsite there being 3/4 spaces :wacko: Hoping it was a one off, spoke to clinic this morning and asked for first appt possible on the day the jabs are due....lets see if they come back with 2pm 6 Sept....FX'd!

Sometimes wonder if this is how the NHS could save money as its not clinical or nursing cockups we see its clerical/management style ones that just waste time and money :dohh:

Oh, I love this wee cheeky smile, Moggy. :cloud9: Does he look like Mogster at all at that stage or are their facial features quite different?

I am glad you had a great day despite the jabs carryon. I would have been fuming too especially as it was his birthday. But good on Moglet to not let it spoil his birthday and be a happy chappy after his boob and snack. It does upste me too though when they leave you waiting for ages edspecially with small children/babies.

Any more pics of the day, Moggy? Any :cake: pics?

Can I just ask why you decided to have the jabs seperately? Just for his comfort or is there another reason behind it?

Can't believe S will be 1 in two weeks today. :shock: His latest thing is standing up and letting his hands go off whatever he is holding on to. He usually lands on his bum, but it gives me a shock every time he does it. :dohh:

Pip its the way it was done when Mogster had his and as he didnt react we decided to opt for the same for Jack, apparently they join em up for convenience and as there is no medical reason to split them if you want them separately you have to say so...he will have his MMR in a months time and FX'd no reaction to that either

Sorry no cake pics we had a candles melting issue :dohh: yummy cake though and Jackster had some :) His first taste of cake and he liked it!

Boys are currently sat side by side with their little laptops :cloud9:

Hi Ladies!!

Lydia, like Yas said...your feelings are perfertly normal. I felt like that somewhat when I got pregnant. Sure we had been planning for a couple of months but then we just DTD ONCE and I was pregnant...some of my friends had or have been trying for years.

Miss P is great! Her birthday is in 12 days...I can't beleive it.:cry: We are busy getting everything organized for her party! And the tutus are going so so. I have yet to sell one :haha::shrug: But I'm still having tons of fun making them...working on Peyton's birthday tutu right now! and then I think I will make one for my goddaugther who turns 3 in less than a month!

Moggy, what a mess with his jabs!!! My gosh! :( But I'm happy to hear he was still in good spirits after it all! Love the picture by the way.

Sorry for whatever I missed, I have been on the run a lot lately with activities every day so I have been reading but not always posting

xo

Sorry ladies, I hope it doesn't sound cheeky, but I have a question.

Is any of you a member of the Boots Parenting Club and has received some vouchers recently? The reason I am asking is that I used to received them, but haven't done so for a few months. :nope: I am after a £5 off a £20 spend voucher as I want to get S a potty. Has anyone got one that they don't need? :blush: If so, could you please PM me the code?

I havent had anything either Pip.....theyve been really rubbish this year with them..

x

we havent had anything for a while either....sorry...maybe we can find the potty you want for a bargain instead?

Thanks Claire and Moggy. I didn't realise I wasn't the only one with that problem. I am after the potty Moggy and Brig recommended. ;)

which potty is it, Pip? I think I might get one to keep where K can see it.... we are a zillion miles off but still!

I got lovely cards from Pip and Penguin today, thank you :hugs: xxx

which potty is it, Pip? I think I might get one to keep where K can see it.... we are a zillion miles off but still!

It is the Safety 1st Comfy Cushy Potty & Step Stool. Cheapest I found it for is from Boots for £20.42.
https://www.boots.com/en/Safety-1st-Comfy-Cushy-Potty-Step-Stool_52588/

Sorry it was late :blush:

xx

We are not planning on doing proper potty training yet as I don't think he's ready yet, but when he has nappy-free time, he pretty much every time poops, so we are hoping to get him used to pooping in there to start with. Well that's the idea anyway...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAFETY-1...pt=UK_Baby_Potty_Training&hash=item4aada54c38

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->